PDA

View Full Version : V2 Licence problem?

Jamin
May 17th, 2011, 05:17 AM
SO I've been having some problems getting my v2 to do anything!!! So I got on DieselPlace Fourm.... the guys on there said I should do a formatting on the SD and on the hard drive in the v2. So after updating the boot block and reformatting the memory it seemed to work, till I tried to do pass through mode and tweek a tune. Now it's telling me that it's not licenced to the cable???? How can this be? I can read a tune but not change anything now. Do I have to buy another Licence just because i formatted it?
If anyone can help it would great. I have a new tranny in it now and need to change some things soon.

benjamin _chaney@hotmail.com
(970) 819-0345

Taz
May 17th, 2011, 05:34 AM
Hello Jamin,

Did you enter the information from the "Blue Card" (should have came with your V2), exactly as listed, into the V7.5 Tune Tool .... "Help" menu at the top of the screen .... then the "Register EFILive" sub menu ... will bring up the "Licence Manager" - which is where you enter the information from the "Blue Card". Save this information and close the Tune Tool.

Then plug the V2 into a USB port of your Notebook computer ... wait for the V2 to "boot". Then reopen the V7.5 Tune Tool. Back to the "Help" menu at the top of the screen ... then "FlashScan V2 / AutoCal V2 VIN licensing" sub menu. This will show you the available (and previously used) VIN licences.

Regards,
Taz

Jamin
May 17th, 2011, 06:06 AM
I don't have a blue card...I bought the V2 used with one licence left and two tranny lincences. It's been a year or so since I did my truck the first time, and I dont know how to find the information on the blue card that it came with. I think I had to talk to EFI Live directly to get a Key. Should I try that again?

Taz
May 17th, 2011, 06:12 AM
OK ... I understand a little better now ... V2 was previously functional ... have you updated the software (V7.5 & V8) and the V2 Bootblock / Firmware recently ? May want to try that. Hopefully you wrote down / kept a record of the licence key you were previously issued - you may need to reenter it if the software / program was somehow corrupted.

Try the updates first ...

Regards,
Taz

ScarabEpic22
May 17th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Try updating first, there is an update that significantly changes the licensing structure and if you dont upgrade the bootblock and firmware of your V2, it will report 0 licenses and not let you tune anything.

joecar
May 18th, 2011, 02:59 AM
Update V7 and V8 from here (http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=124).

V8 includes bootblock and firmware that you need to flash into your V2.