PDA

View Full Version : LC1 installed into c5 Corvette

Nver2loud
May 17th, 2011, 06:25 AM
Hello all,
I installed this into my Corvette and am attempting to output narrowband back to the computer somewhat unsucessfully. I have switched the response time to 1/6 sec and also to 1/3, however I beleive it is still switching too fast, or the voltages are off.
According to my EFI live scanning software, it shows that the o2 readings only move from 447-451mv.
I have 2 seperate grounds, both grounded to the back of the passenger head and am using the original power off the o2 sensor harness to power the LC1.

Any ideas?

joecar
May 17th, 2011, 07:59 AM
How did you wire it (where does each wire color go)...?

Which pid are you using to read it with...?

Nver2loud
May 17th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Wired as yellow wire from LC1 to purple pin B on the original o2 sensor plug that I cut off. Red is pin D. Blue and White went to the back of the passenger head.
PID's are HO2S11 and HO2S21.
thanks!

joecar
May 17th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Disconnect the white wire from the head, and connect it to tan pin A on the O2 plug;

the PCM measures the voltage between pin B and pin A.

Nver2loud
May 17th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Disconnect the white wire from the head, and connect it to tan pin A on the O2 plug;

the PCM measures the voltage between pin B and pin A.

DING DING DING!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

thanks so much! Now only if I can figure out how I should have these voltages set up so that it reports closely to the other bank o2.

joecar
May 18th, 2011, 01:29 AM
Using the LM Programmer software, try setting that channel to default, the V:AFR graph should look like a very tight down step; also set the Stoich AFR to 14.7.

Compare the HO2S11/HO2S21 waveforms, and adjust the down step graph's high/low voltage points to make both HO2Sx1 amplitudes approx equal each other... adjust the steepness of the step down to get the HO2Sx1 frequencies approx equal...

should only need minor adjustment, the default settings are fairly good.