PDA

View Full Version : V2 Buttons Intermittent

macca_779
May 17th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Guys I'm having issues with some of the buttons on one of my V2's (my main one). A few of the buttons require finding and pressing them in a sweet spot to get a consistent contact. Bit frustrating when trying to use Black Box functions.

What's the go with support for this kind of thing to get them cleaned or replaced under warranty.

Cheers Ryan

joecar
May 17th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Hi Ryan,

I notified Tech Support.

macca_779
May 17th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Thanks Joe

Tordne
May 17th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Hi Ryan,

Basically the device needs to be sent back to us. if it is outside of the 12 month warranty period the repair will not be covered under warranty. Can you please email me (support@efilive.com) with the device serial number so I can check the warranty situation on the device and advise of action?

Cheers,

GMPX
May 17th, 2011, 04:18 PM
Ryan, if it is out of warranty and you can't do without your V2 for the week, then you could just order a new keypad from EFILive and fit it yourself, there's no soldering needed, just undo the 5 screws on the back, unplug the keypad, peel off the old one, stick on the new one, plug it in and you are done.

macca_779
May 17th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Ryan, if it is out of warranty and you can't do without your V2 for the week, then you could just order a new keypad from EFILive and fit it yourself, there's no soldering needed, just undo the 5 screws on the back, unplug the keypad, peel off the old one, stick on the new one, plug it in and you are done.

If that is all that is required I'm happy to do that.

Email has been sent to Andrew regarding serial number but it's 4 years old so no doubt out of warranty. Pending price I might even just swap it out with one of my other v2's

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

macca_779
May 29th, 2011, 01:36 AM
Like to say thanks to Andrew and the guys (including Donna) for supplying me a replacement key pad. Great support as always. O and I like the new style pens too. Cheers.

Tordne
May 29th, 2011, 06:55 AM
No problem at all :).

minytrker
May 30th, 2011, 04:04 PM
You can't beat the customer support from EFI Live!!!