PDA

View Full Version : Cannot flash truck with ANY tune!!!

lindahudek
May 19th, 2011, 06:20 AM
I have a 2008 GMC 3500 (which has been tuned before by a friend). I just purchased an EFI Live so that I can tune the truck myself and am having problems reflashing the ECM. I have all the latest software/updates and the connection between the laptop, cables, truck, and Flashscan V2 are fine. I can read/retrieve the ECM memory/calibration just fine and view it in the tuning suite, as well as make/save changes to it. However, if i try to flash the ECM with any tune (even the same tune that was on the ECM with no modifications) the process aborts directly after it deletes the ECM's history. The truck then shuts itself off. The ECM hasnt been damaged in any way during this process. But I cannot figure out why I can't load a new calibration/flash the ECM. I have tried disconnecting all phone/ipod/CB chargers and even pulled the info/radio fuses and still no luck. The licensing is also OK. Any ideas??? I'm desperate! I am having to drive the truck with EFI live so I can constantly delete the DPF error codes so the truck doesnt limp out on me. HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!! :help2:

Blacky
May 19th, 2011, 08:52 AM
I presume you're using EFILive V7.5, have you tried using EFILive V8 to flash your truck?

Also please take a look here: http://support.efilive.com/kb.php
and click on the option: Problem Reading or Flashing a Controller
Then read the section under the heading: "Further Support".

Locate the appropriate trace file(s) and send them to me at paul@efilive.com
In your email, include a link to this thread so I know what the files are about.

Regards
Paul

jay p
May 19th, 2011, 12:06 PM
However, if i try to flash the ECM with any tune (even the same tune that was on the ECM with no modifications) the process aborts directly after it deletes the ECM's history. The truck then shuts itself off. :help2:

you are not trying to flash with the engine running are you? If so, key on engine off for reading/flashing.
If not, what do you mean the truck shuts itself off?