PDA

View Full Version : overboost

Boost
May 21st, 2011, 06:10 AM
I flashed a friend's LBZ with the same tune I ran in mine and it set an overboost code / mode. This never ever happened on mine. He does have much better intake and exhaust than I did, and also a good lift pump. Am I correct in suspecting that the parts are allowing the same tune to produce more boost? Would the idea of a better running and flowing engine boosting more (from the old racing days) apply here, or is it all electronically controlled, in which case I have no clue right now why it would overboost. Also, he thinks he hit 35 psi (corrected). That's too much for the stock snail, right? I hear talk of 30 psi being the "safe limit". One more thought. After the initial reflash, we went for a spin and I logged a bunch of data. We only saw 24 or so psi @ wot, and reasonable "timing". He thought it was running hard, but to me it did not feel especially agressive. Threw tons of smoke, not that black though. Could it be, that, the trans was slipping / learning / flaring - and thus not making as much boost as it did later on. As I said we logged in the mid 20s, then later on he sets overboost. Does any of this make sense? Thanks a lot!

FUBAR
May 22nd, 2011, 01:32 AM
Sounds like you're having kinda of the same issue as I am, except for at the other end of the spectrum. It'll be next week before I can get the truck back.

Good luck,

Boost
May 22nd, 2011, 11:42 PM
:) thanks