PDA

View Full Version : Just Tuned

Sleeping
May 22nd, 2011, 01:02 PM
Just had car tuned and was wondering if could get someone take look at my map and log. The maf went bad for some reason on the dyno so just went to Speed Density. Was first time using the efilive so would like to know if im missing anything or if all looks good. Car is stock ls1.

WeathermanShawn
May 22nd, 2011, 03:05 PM
Not bad for a WOT Dyno run. A little KR..any idea of what your fueling was?(AFR, EQ). Trims were very slightly positive, but pretty good.

Dyno runs can be very good to do..sometimes though the street brings out many areas of drive-ability in that other 99% of driving (non-WOT).

But, overall looks pretty good to me..:).

WeathermanShawn
May 23rd, 2011, 12:19 AM
Sleeping, there are some advantages to utilizing the MAF. When the MAF fails unless you run a COS, your spark defaults to the Low-Octane Spark values.

There is a way to calculate your MAF Table from your existing VE Table values that would not require separate MAF Tuning.

If you are interested post up..

Sleeping
May 23rd, 2011, 01:02 AM
I set the high and low octane maps the same. What are some advantages? COS? Custom OS?

WeathermanShawn
May 23rd, 2011, 01:16 AM
Without a COS, GM. Adaptive Spark feature is disabled. While setting High and Low Octane Spark can be done, there are advantages to having both Spark Maps. Normally those spark tables will have a 4-6 degree spread. If KR is encountered Adaptive Spark will lower your Spark to a value 'between' each table. Its really a smart feature if you drive aggressively on the street even track.

I am just saying if you are replacing the MAF and will be using it, you can calculate your MAF flow without having to separately calibrate your MAF. You can use your VE Table values and 'calculate' your representative MAF airflow.

You are in the unique position of having your VE Table tuned, but not your MAF. What are your plans for the vehicle and tune?

Sleeping
May 23rd, 2011, 01:51 AM
Car is just a weekend car and track car here and there. It is just stock for now. Car made about 340hp corrected. It was throwing a code for maf circuit so ill have to go back to my old map and diag if its in my wiring or the maf. The tunner who set this up for me out is no longer in town. Before we started it was lean during pulls and with the maf it would not let the car get above 5000-5500. So is this somthing that could be done easily on the street with out going back to a dyno? So all the timing maps and everything look good?

joecar
May 23rd, 2011, 01:55 AM
What are your mods...?

joecar
May 23rd, 2011, 02:05 AM
We can calculate the MAF table from the VE table (with BEN correction applied)...

we're putting together the calc pid for this, give us a few days.

joecar
May 23rd, 2011, 02:26 AM
The pid to calculate the MAF [g/s] from corrected VE will look something like this:

"{GM.VETABLE_DMA}/({GM.DYNAIRTMP_DMA.C}+273.15)*{SAE.RPM}*{SAE.MAP.k Pa}/15*{CALC.SELBEN}"

where GM.VETABLE_DMA is in g*K/kPa.

Sleeping
May 23rd, 2011, 02:35 AM
What are your mods...?

No real mods just a ram flywheel with ls7 clutch and custom air intake. The motor is out of a 04 gto but has 02 camaro manifolds on it. That go from either 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 into a y 3inch out to a dynomax bullet.

WeathermanShawn
May 23rd, 2011, 02:46 AM
If there is enough interest we can explain CALC.MAF in greater detail.

CALC.VET has been a huge success. One can calculate the VE Table, MAF, and Trims all in one log (simultaneously). However, AUTOVE is still hugely popular. There are some users who have a perfectly tuned VE Table (like you), but who may desire to re-enable the MAF. Previously AUTOMAF has been the only method (unofficially) to calibrate the MAF after AUTOVE.

Now we believe we can take a VE Table and reverse the equation to solve for the MAF Airflow. So AUTOVE users now have a way to calibrate the MAF in the same log.

OP, we can start another thread so as not to divert from your question. We are just giving you the opportunity to try it out.

Sounds like you have a good stock tune. With mods though it will really need some changes..so stay tuned!

Sleeping
May 23rd, 2011, 03:52 AM
Would not mind hooking the maf back in if its going to be better overall. But Im lost on what your guys are talking about. Im still new to all this and just now figuring out bits efilive. So would just be taking my ve table already made and making a maf table from that data. But since I already have both my high and low octane the same what would I do about that? Does the hp sound about right for my motor after a tune?

WeathermanShawn
May 23rd, 2011, 05:06 AM
Your HP sounds really good!

OP, you will eventually need a COS or a MAF to have the Adaptive Spark feature. You probably don't have an urgent need to replace your MAF. SD Closed-Loop can be work quite well, and your VE Values/Trims look pretty good.

When and if you do replace your MAF we should have more details published on the method.

For now, I think your Dyno run and HP numbers are quite solid..:)

joecar
May 23rd, 2011, 06:02 AM
Yes, hp number is quite good :cheers:

Sleeping
May 23rd, 2011, 06:12 AM
Alright just talked to my buddy the 340hp is corrected to dynojet numbers. I dynoed on a super flow with heavy rollers for diesel trucks. So the superflow number was 307hp I think. Im waiting on the dyno sheet to get mailed to me. Still good?

WeathermanShawn
May 23rd, 2011, 06:26 AM
Stock RWHP for the LS1 range from ~ 290-320 HP. And these cars can do low to mid 13's in the 1/4mile stock!

I think with Lid, headers, etc., I was at about 340-350 RWHP. H/C took it to where it is now.

307HP is in line. Try all the Bolt-ons...may get you to 340-350..:)

Sleeping
May 23rd, 2011, 06:33 AM
Well its in a rx7 that weighs maybe 2800lbs so hope it does little better we will see soon. Im still up in the air on weather to turbo or do heads and a cam.

joecar
May 23rd, 2011, 07:13 AM
Keep it simple, do H/C.

$0.02 :)

Sleeping
May 25th, 2011, 04:38 AM
Here the dyno graph

WeathermanShawn
May 25th, 2011, 04:51 AM
Nice Torque curve!!.

I would think at 2800 lbs, the car would be hard to catch!:)

joecar
May 25th, 2011, 07:54 AM
Wow, that's a good dyno graph for stock LS1.

Sleeping
May 25th, 2011, 08:53 AM
Thanks now just got to get it to hook with the 4.10 rear end goes through gears fast.

joecar
May 25th, 2011, 10:12 AM
What tires do you have...?

Sleeping
May 25th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Just some nitto everyday tires came on the car have not bought new tires for it yet