PDA

View Full Version : Configuring the calibration display units

Blacky
January 20th, 2005, 09:50 PM
If EFILive is installed on a PC with the Windows regional settings as "English - (United States)", the default units will be Imperial. This means that calibrations such as the spark maps will be displayed with the air flow labels displayed in Oz/Cylinder rather than the preferred units of Grams/Cylinder.

EFILive provides a way to customize the units used to display the calibration data, the column labels and the row labels.

For example, to change all calibrations from Oz/Cylinder to Grams/Cylinder, perform the following steps:

1. Make sure all calibration windows are closed, if they are not, then you will be prompted to close them.

2. Select the menu option: "Edit->Configure display units...". Be patient, it can take a few seconds to load all the calibrations' display units and precision information.

3. Click on the header labelled "Column units". That will sort the list so that all calibrations that use Oz/cylinder will appear together in the list.
Note: you can adjust the column widths of the display by dragging or double clicking the vertical column-separator bars in the header.

4. Select all the calibrations that have Oz/Cylinder specified in the "Column Units" column. You can select multiple rows by clicking on the first item, then hold the shift and click on the last item.

5. Right click on any one of the selected rows and select "Column label units->Metric" to change the Oz/Cylinder units to Grams/Cylinder units. See image below.

6. Repeat steps 3 to 5 for the "Row units" column.

7. Click OK

Note: Clicking on the buttons at the bottom marked [Imperial] and [Metric] will instantly change ALL calibrations and all rows and columns to Metric or Imperial - whether they are selected or not.

You can also use this window to configure the default data precision (number of decimal places) and the calibration's group. The Navigator can be restricted to showing only particular groups of calibrations using the Navigator's group-selection, drop down list.

WARNING:
When you want to link data between the Tuning Tool maps and the Scan Tool charts, the PIDs that are used to link the data MUST use the same units. You cannot link the {CALC.CYLAIR} or {GM.DYNCYLAIR} PIDs in the Scan Tool as Grams/Cylinder with a Tuning Tool map that uses Oz/Cylinder. The same goes for {SAE.MAP}, you cannot link MAP as inHg in the Tuning Tool with MAP as kPa in the Scan Tool.

The units and precision configuration units are stored in a standard Windows ini file format, in the file named:
My Documents\EFILive\V7\User Configuration\cal_setup.txt

Extinct
January 21st, 2007, 10:40 AM
I have changed my units configuraton before, but it seem like every time I open a new tune file it reverts back to the default settings. Is there a way to permanently configure this so it displays correctly in the tune program ?

I have checked the cal_setup.txt file and it seems to be correct, but the display seems to be wrong ?

Spdfrk1990
June 9th, 2007, 07:36 AM
I have to ask the same question im not sure why all my units are metric? I dont remember it asking me which I preferred. With the info you listed I just selected all and clicked on the imperial button at the bottom now all is good.

Extinct
June 9th, 2007, 07:50 AM
crickets on this one, my post is from januray :rolleyes:

Spdfrk1990
June 9th, 2007, 07:55 AM
Yeh I dunno about this I selected the imperial default in the scan tune and some things are in grams per cylinder instead of oz ughhh. Need some kinda of button that just syncs everything up lol.

Spdfrk1990
June 9th, 2007, 08:36 AM
Ok rambling on heres what I did hope it works fine. When I loaded the imperial pid in the scan tool it looked like somethings were still in grams/cyl so I just changed the ones in the tuner that were oz/cyl to grams/cyl im not sure if thats the only diff tho.

joecar
June 10th, 2007, 05:16 AM
In scantool PIDs tab, right click on each pid and select metric or imperial.

In tunetool Edit->Configure Display Units, set units of any table that references those pids to the same units as in the scantool (set data units, column units, row units); click OK when done (see post #1).

Is this what you did...?

Post your cal_setup.txt file.

Spdfrk1990
June 10th, 2007, 05:30 AM
Yeh thats what I did thanks joe ill post that when I get to work im about to leave.

Spdfrk1990
June 10th, 2007, 06:23 AM
Changed a few things here is the new 1 I changed the nm to ft-lb and liters to gallons not sure if that was a good idea or not. In this file should metric always have metric next to it?

joecar
June 10th, 2007, 07:06 AM
Under Edit->Configure Display Units, click on each of the headings "Data Units", "Column Units" and "Row Units";
for each one of those headings, clicking on it sorts/groups units alphabetically;
you can then highlight the group of rows having the "wrong" version of a unit,
right click and set it to the "right" version (e.g. imperial to metric);
do this for each heading so that you have consistent units thru-out.

For example, find all occurances of "oz/cyl" and change them (as a group) to "grams/cyl"...
make sure to do this under each of the 3 headings (some units do not appear under all 3 headings).