PDA

View Full Version : EFI Live not an LS1Tech.com sponsor?

SSpdDmon
May 24th, 2011, 10:31 AM
I didn't realize this until I was asked to change my sig over there (since some people weren't too happy with my opinion and freedom of speech privilages). http://motownmuscle.com/forums/images/smilies/lol.gif

schwoch1
May 24th, 2011, 01:48 PM
I didn't realize this until I was asked to change my sig over there (since some people weren't too happy with my opinion and freedom of speech privilages). http://motownmuscle.com/forums/images/smilies/lol.gif
I am guessing it has to do with the stupid high fees that they charge to become a sponsor. I was asked years ago to 'restrict' my praise of EFI Live in every post because they are not a sponsor. They seem pretty anti EFI Live over there anywho........ to hell with 'em...
There is a lot of info over there, too bad there is a million primadona's strutting their shit and thinking they are the ever great know it alls!!!!!

Just my $.02

Mike

GMPX
May 24th, 2011, 02:12 PM
No, the real reason goes back many years, the so called moderators in the tuning section were all friends of the HPTuners owners, the bias was pathetic, the posts censorship was pathetic, it was like it was run by the Chinese goverment. One of those moderators even became the support guy for HPTuners and was still a moderator at the time. I know some of the EFILive resellers signed up over there and paid there monthly fee's are were treated just as bad. I've not even looked at that website in years, I guess not much has changed from what you said.

SSpdDmon
May 24th, 2011, 05:09 PM
No, the real reason goes back many years, the so called moderators in the tuning section were all friends of the HPTuners owners, the bias was pathetic, the posts censorship was pathetic, it was like it was run by the Chinese goverment. One of those moderators even became the support guy for HPTuners and was still a moderator at the time. I know some of the EFILive resellers signed up over there and paid there monthly fee's are were treated just as bad. I've not even looked at that website in years, I guess not much has changed from what you said.

Well - I did revise my signature as requested... LOL

The best LS1 tuning software, period. (https://www.vengeancerd.com/ecart/products.php?product=FlashScan-V2-Scan-And-Tune) - The preceding statement is solely a matter of opinion as expressed by a non-EFI Live affiliated individual with over half a decade of experience tuning LS1 equipped vehicles. It is in no manner an attempt to discredit, bash, or dishonor the alternative products offered by EFI Live competitors. Individuals interested in purchasing a tuning software package are highly encouraged to form their own damn opinions.
(https://www.vengeancerd.com/ecart/products.php?product=FlashScan-V2-Scan-And-Tune)

Originally, I had just the first part (in blue) and it was pointing to www.efilive.com (http://www.efilive.com). I believe the same someone you mentioned is the one who was complaining....

swingtan
May 24th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Well, over at http://www.ls1.com.au/ there are no favorites played. Even though HPT affiliates are sponsors, EFILive has a very good following. Also know of at least two mods there that use EFILive.

Simon....

ScarabEpic22
May 24th, 2011, 08:08 PM
I try to rep EFILive on trailvoy.com and tbssowners.com but its tricky, the first one is for all TrailBlazers/Envoys/etc and most guys are perfectly content with a mail-order tune. The second is the TBSS forum, but only a few guys use EFILive, most use HPTuners as some of the supporting vendors over there are HPT dealers.

Mr. P.
May 25th, 2011, 03:21 AM
The best LS1 tuning software, period...
:laugh: Now that's funny right there!!

Those NAZIs on LS1Tech and PT.net... :bad:

It's funny you mention this about EFILive, because I got into a brawl with them about EFILive 3-years ago. I think this was prior to Fish importing/carrying the product here, but I mentioned on PT.net in a post that I knew someone who was about to buy EFILive retail and that anyone who was also thinking of doing the same contact him so that they could split the shipping costs from New Zealand, and was banned for "trying to organize an unauthorized group buy". So I get crucified for trying to be a helpful guy. :mad:

Those sites do not serve to help or advance the automotive hobby or industry at all, the owners and mods of those sites are self-serving parasites maintaining a virtual vertical monopoly with a hostile anti-competitive environment to herd as many 'sheeple' as possible to a few 'approved' vendors. There are better forums out there; those two sites have done nothing but promote anti-choice/competition in the industry.

Mr. P.

joecar
May 25th, 2011, 04:30 AM
It is an honour and distinction for an individual to get banned from ls1tech. :hihi:

[ disclaimer: don't get yourself banned... you don't have to butt heads with them, everyone already knows the truth ]

Mr. P.
May 25th, 2011, 05:29 AM
It is an honour and distinction for an individual to get banned from ls1tech. :hihi:

[ disclaimer: don't get yourself banned... you don't have to butt heads with them, everyone already knows the truth ]

Oh. Thanks. LOL

BUT do I get 'special mention' because I got banned on my very first PT.NET thread post?! hahahaha

Chalky
May 25th, 2011, 07:34 AM
Well - I did revise my signature as requested... LOL

Originally, I had just the first part (in blue) and it was pointing to www.efilive.com (http://www.efilive.com). I believe the same someone you mentioned is the one who was complaining....

I saw that and wondered how long you would get away with that signature. Next time maybe Banned Camp? LOL

SSpdDmon
May 25th, 2011, 07:46 AM
I think I'm good. Link points to a sponsor's site now... :)

GMPX
May 25th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Those sites do not serve to help or advance the automotive hobby or industry at all, the owners and mods of those sites are self-serving parasites maintaining a virtual vertical monopoly with a hostile anti-competitive environment to herd as many 'sheeple' as possible to a few 'approved' vendors. There are better forums out there; those two sites have done nothing but promote anti-choice/competition in the industry.
Yes, many of them are just a business, what they do is no different to what you see on TV where some guy in the background is wearing a Pepsi t-shirt and they blur the logo out because the show is sponsored by Coke.
We sponsor a number of Diesel forums and they seem to be a lot better in this regard than what LS1Tech is.

joecar
May 25th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Oh. Thanks. LOL

BUT do I get 'special mention' because I got banned on my very first PT.NET thread post?! hahahahaBanned on post #1 is special, that's like a Medal of Honor.

schwoch1
May 25th, 2011, 01:24 PM
I personally think it is a good thing that EFI Live is not a sponsor as I would end up having to spend more of my free time defending EFI Live to all the idiots that are on there!!!
I just got into a minor pissing contest with a guy on the Monodax.com forum about how EFI Live is useless and how Tunercats is the best all around tuning suite avalaible. After his last post (Team ZR-1)I really do not know how to respond, he even managed to blame me for our president!!!???? It is people like him that make me wonder why..............
Take a look for yourself... http://www.monodax.com/forums/tunercat-jet-obdii-hardware-software/2599-why-ve-table-numbers-so-high.html. Unfortunate thing is people believe 'preachers' like this dude and take his word for gospel!!! GRRRR!!!!

Mike

ScarabEpic22
May 25th, 2011, 02:40 PM
That dude an idiot, user knowledge is 90% of tuning. Dont know what a table does, dont be an idiot and add 100% to it right away and then watch your engine blow sky high. Tuning programs are fancy GUIs that make hex changes. Doesnt make them any less important, if we were back in the 80s and had to use hex editors to tune it would take a week to tune a car vs a few hours with a modern program.

joecar
May 25th, 2011, 03:24 PM
That same guy has an "illustrious history" :snide/sarcasm: on a few other forums.

GMPX
May 25th, 2011, 03:37 PM
After his last post (Team ZR-1)I really do not know how to respond, he even managed to blame me for our president!!!????
Ah yes, the same guy that once claimed EFILive and HPTuners were in some collaboration on telling tuners they must run in SD mode to sell more product and that modifying the VE table was a pointless exercise.

DPS
May 25th, 2011, 03:43 PM
I had an exchange with that delightful fellow as well. However, it had nothing to do with EFILive. I've stopped visiting that site since it's difficult to get through some of the egos and extract much useful information.

schwoch1
May 25th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Unfortunately, this guy thinks he's god when it comes to tuning anything with 4 wheels. Basically he pisses and moans about all other scan tools that are out there, proclaiming that his scan tool of choice(Ease PC scan tool) is head and shoulders above everything else that was even thought of in the last 20 years. I will admit that the EASE scan tool is the cats ass when it comes to diagnostics, but it is 1000% overkill for 99% of the tuning public out there!!! I will say that there are some talented individuals on there, then there are some real doozies also, not nearly as bad as LS1tech though!!!
Thanks!!! :)

Mike

5.7ute
May 25th, 2011, 04:50 PM
I dont know how that idiot (Team ZR1) still breathing. (The man upstairs must have a wicked sense of humour)

TAQuickness
June 15th, 2011, 09:22 PM
It's nauseating.

But the good news is, this forum kicks ass!

Doc
June 15th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Just paying for sponsorship over there will not prevent one from getting a paid ticket to banned camp if you disagree with one of their non-paid, non professional, moderators that wants to defend one his non-sponsoring (at the time) buddies' shop.

Chevy366
June 16th, 2011, 04:15 AM
Got banned from them and can say will never go back , although I did sign right back up as a new member and still have a account there .
The power of a moderator on LS1tech and PT.net is like giving a money a loaded and cocked gun , you just know what is going to happen .
I agree with others , this site is far better .