PDA

View Full Version : Found some odd misfire tables..

samh_08
May 24th, 2011, 01:25 PM
In my mail order tune (done by a very well known tuner and efilive reseller) I found my misfire tables pretty far out of whack. It kind of looks to me like they have been altered enough to not throw a SES light. I was told it was done because I have a cam and they make the PCM detect false misfires. The tables start with C5621..

What do your misfire tables look like? I have a 2005 LQ4 6.0L Heads/Cam/Headers BTW.

GMPX
May 24th, 2011, 02:01 PM
When the misfire tables have a number of 32767 it means the that it won't flag a misfire error at those points as the tuner has told you, GM themselves do this. With Heads/Cam/Headers you would have some fun getting the misfire tables to play nice at idle.
Also, are you sure the tuner who supplied this tune is happy for you to post it here in public?

joecar
May 24th, 2011, 02:05 PM
Your tuner probably disabled misfires to allow the TCC to stay locked.

samh_08
May 25th, 2011, 10:35 AM
That makes sense about the TCC, but if I do actually have a misfire, its impossible for the PCM to pick it up with these settings?

The tuner shouldn't mind it being posted here in public. It was a starter tune with mostly my changes. Unless you can see he operating system mods?