PDA

View Full Version : Format File System option :(

troywilt
May 31st, 2011, 03:59 AM
I used the Format File System option on my dvice thinking it was a quick way to delete the data logs and tune programs. Now, i can only load tunes onto the device. I cannot get them from the device to the car. Something must have got deleted when I used the Format File System option. Is this something my tuner will be able to repair by walking me through the steps over the phone?

Thanks,
Troy

Tordne
May 31st, 2011, 05:39 AM
You will need to contact your tuner for support. They should be able to send you the settings and options files necessary to reprogram your device your your vehicle(s).

troywilt
May 31st, 2011, 06:52 AM
Sweet. Thanks. In the meantime, can someone walk me through the steps to get the tune from my laptop onto my car?

I have the EFI Live V8 scan & tune software and Auto-Cal. I know I need my laptop plugged into the device and the device into the car. Basically I just need to use the Auto-Cal as a "hub " for now to get the tune into the car.

Can someone walk me through the steps from here?

I can't afford to mess anything up.

The car is running fine as is. I have already programmed my car a couple of times with the device (stand alone) before I did the "format file system" thing. I'm just trying to load the latest tune from my tuner. He is extremely busy right now and is currently very hard to get a hold of.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Troy

Tordne
May 31st, 2011, 07:16 AM
You really do need to contact your tuner for AutoCal support and guidance. They have elected to use the AutoCal device to provide you with tuning services, so they will know exactly what you need to do to resolve your issue and restore the device to their intended configuration. While someone here could more than likely take you through it, it may end up creating a problem for your tuner to resolve, which in turn may involve additional costs.

troywilt
May 31st, 2011, 07:28 AM
ok. Will do. Thanks.

Troy