PDA

View Full Version : Im addicted to all this..... Can someone sence check my tune....

Behold
June 2nd, 2011, 08:17 AM
Right... Im getting in to the flow abit now... I have a THIRST!!

I just updated to COS5 and left myself in SD mode. Im now out of AutoVE mode. Is there anything I should be changing that I havent? anything look out of place??

Appriciated...

joecar
June 2nd, 2011, 08:22 AM
Did you full flash COS5 and then cal-only flash from you previous file...?

Did you address all the OOR cells, including A0012 and A0013...?

Full-flash-after-fixing-OOR-cells (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?16471-Full-flash-after-fixing-OOR-cells)

I'll have to look closer lated tonite.

Behold
June 2nd, 2011, 10:13 AM
Yes I Full Flashed. Then cal only then read it out and ran through all the Custom Tables/Cal's Also Set the RPMvsMAP table as in the CustomOS guide.

Any other changes are either through previous owner tune mixed in with a bit of passed on knowledge to tweek a little.

I have not run the car yet on the COS5 but it does at least start. A sense check will be comforting and enlightnen for missed items and items of consideration.

My main initial aim of the COS5 was to prep for the Supercharger and to restore spark octane dual tables as it allowed me to start as I mean to go on. As with my other thread once the Injectors are in the charger will be fitted and then the learning curve will take another step...

Again thankyou for all your help.

joecar
June 2nd, 2011, 08:56 PM
My $0.02 comments: :)

Looks good.
Are you boosted...? If so, then the 105kPa columns of B0101 and A0009 are equal, this is correct :cheers: (many people miss this).

Be aware that in B3647 any cells set to EQR 1.00 will allow STFT to trim to 1.00 during open loop, called Semi Open Loop (SOL) (avoid this in AutoVE by setting cells to EQR 0.99 or 1.01).

LOL, your COS has B4206 defined... I don't know if this overrides SOL or if SOL happens regardless of B4206.

I like to make the last 3 columns of B3647 the same value as the 100kPa column... when MAP is 90kPa the load on the engine is reasonably high enough to warrant enrichment (and the enrichment will prevent combustion chamber temperatures from going dangerously high).

B4001 looks strange (it's probably stock)... I'm wondering if your car has the multiple speed fuel pump (which I am not too familiar with)...?

MAF is disabled... make sure DTC P0103 shows up to confirm this.

B5001 has a couple of small wrinkles, is it not stock (I don't know what your stock one should look like)...?

Everything looks good, it should run, pay attention to wideband lambda.

Do you have V1 or V2...?

:)

Behold
June 2nd, 2011, 11:32 PM
My $0.02 comments: :)

Looks good.
Are you boosted...? If so, then the 105kPa columns of B0101 and A0009 are equal, this is correct :cheers: (many people miss this).

Thanks! Im not running boot just yet. I filled them in now ready for when I do go boosted. with this tune I should be able to run the car straight up after a hard days work fitting it with no adverse effects... If i run some more AutoVE's Ill be sure to change it to match!

Be aware that in B3647 any cells set to EQR 1.00 will allow STFT to trim to 1.00 during open loop, called Semi Open Loop (SOL) (avoid this in AutoVE by setting cells to EQR 0.99 or 1.01).

This table was the one that really confused me on when and how it kicked in. How does changing it of EQ 1 stop this from causing issues in AutoVE? surely it will apply adjustment if its off 1.

Or am i being stupid and this is basically what was a single line of data that we set in the AutoVE process before.

LOL, your COS has B4206 defined... I don't know if this overrides SOL or if SOL happens regardless of B4206.

My understanding it only purely used this if I set all the values in 4205 to maximum. If not it was used like before.... I guess if running on boost in the future most of this is going to be redundant unless I cruise at 4000RPM!!

I like to make the last 3 columns of B3647 the same value as the 100kPa column... when MAP is 90kPa the load on the engine is reasonably high enough to warrant enrichment (and the enrichment will prevent combustion chamber temperatures from going dangerously high).

Noted. Ill change them

B4001 looks strange (it's probably stock)... I'm wondering if your car has the multiple speed fuel pump (which I am not too familiar with)...?

It is indeed the stock tune. As to variable pump Ill check and find out.

MAF is disabled... make sure DTC P0103 shows up to confirm this.

P0103. the setting is on Non Emissions... should this be on Not Reported? If not can you explain what you mean.

B5001 has a couple of small wrinkles, is it not stock (I don't know what your stock one should look like)...?

No it is not standard as its an 85mm MAF not a 75mm (Stock) It was put in by a previous owner. who did a rather shocking VE table too. Luckly this is not going to be used from now on!

Everything looks good, it should run, pay attention to wideband lambda.

Do you have V1 or V2...?

:)

Excellent Thanks for that... Im using a V2.

joecar
June 3rd, 2011, 03:26 AM
This table was the one that really confused me on when and how it kicked in. How does changing it of EQ 1 stop this from causing issues in AutoVE? surely it will apply adjustment if its off 1.

Or am i being stupid and this is basically what was a single line of data that we set in the AutoVE process before.SOL is a feature of the COS's... the intent as I understand it is for B3647 to apply STFT trimming during OL on any cell that is stoich... if you're doing AutoVE this will correct the fueling so the wideband shows Lambda 1.00, which results in the corresponding cell in the VE table remaining un-corrected.

If you set those cells to non-stoich (e.g. EQR 0.99 or 1.01) then there will be no STFT trimming.

What I have not seen before is that your COS also has B4206 (for example 02020005 drops this parameter)... since B4206 enables/disables STFT trimming on OL, it makes me wonder how it interacts with SOL.

Behold
June 3rd, 2011, 10:38 AM
SOL is a feature of the COS's... the intent as I understand it is for B3647 to apply STFT trimming during OL on any cell that is stoich... if you're doing AutoVE this will correct the fueling so the wideband shows Lambda 1.00, which results in the corresponding cell in the VE table remaining un-corrected.

If you set those cells to non-stoich (e.g. EQR 0.99 or 1.01) then there will be no STFT trimming.

What I have not seen before is that your COS also has B4206 (for example 02020005 drops this parameter)... since B4206 enables/disables STFT trimming on OL, it makes me wonder how it interacts with SOL.

Surely the big use of this feature then would be to allow you to remove this table correction during tuning but allow more accurate fueling once tuned during OL when something changes from perfect running conditions. (Atmospheric pressure, Temp... ETC.)

A feature good for on road use... Or am I well of key here.