PDA

View Full Version : CALC.VET tune LS1 with FlashScan V2 and LC-1 Serial WB02 - HELP PLEASE

MarkR8
June 2nd, 2011, 08:17 PM
Hi guys,
I have come close to nutting this out on my own but have very recently lost my way.
I was logging data that seemed close but was getting very big spikes. Went over my notes and started from scratch but now I am going around in circles.

I have a HSV Avalanche which I have made little mods such as:
LS2 intake manifold
90mm Holley throttle body
VE series, LS2 MAF
Dual 2.5" cat back exhaust

All I want to do is dial the VE table and MAF in.

I am using EFILive V7.5 (157) and logging with Innovate LC-1 WB02 in serial passthrough of my Flashscan V2 using the CALC.VET method as described in the Tutorial posted elsewhere.

I can't for the life of me find any posts with someone else having already asked the questions or having problems with this process so i'll be the pioneer and hopefully this may help someone else.

I have made the recommended changes to the original tune (attached as CALC.VET.tun)
All my PIDs are validated (attached as CALC.VET.pid)
Configuration as described in the tutorial (attached as calc_pids.txt)
My log file (attached as Log_0001)

My problem is this:
When i log data and follow the procedure as per the tutorial my data turns out nothing like the data in my Main VE Table. Therefore I suspect the logged data is useless. I have tried reloading the log file with different settings with regards to units etc but to no avail.
The units in my Main VE Table are % of VE 0-500 but the data coming from my logged VE MAP is in the range of 0.02~ so my VE table if I were to use this data is tiny.

If there is a step by step process for the method of CALC.VET using serial LC-1 with V2 flashscan I can't find it.

I'm really confused from questioning the things that I know had been set up correctly and really need some direction.

Thanks for your welcome approach to my first post, here is the thread as suggested!

Thanks in advance.

WeathermanShawn
June 3rd, 2011, 12:45 AM
Mark, you have several major problems going on here...

1. You are using the wrong calc_pids.txt file. You need to use the one from Page 1 of the CALC.VET thread. As a favor I have attached it here: 11022

Your current one is not correct and will not work. Copy it exactly (overwrite) it into your computer.

Also, if you are trying to view CALC.VET in %, you need to do this: A. Set Displacement: open a Log File, go Edit->Log File Information->Vehicle Options, and next to Engine enter the displacement in cc, click Ok, and save the log file. This matters only if you're planning to use [%] units for VE.

But, the biggest problem you have is this:
For some reason you are getting a MAF DTC,. CALC.VET will not work if your MAF is disabled. I can't tell if it is Tune-related or mechanical, but thats a major problem.

Work on those issues first, then we can make further progress.

WeathermanShawn
June 3rd, 2011, 12:52 AM
Also, Mark you are logging the incorrect HO2 Pids. You need HO2S11 & HO2S21, NOT HO2S22. Also, the one HO2 you logged, indicates your O2 sensor is bad. I.E., see attachment. If shows little to no activity. You might want to replace both front O2 sensors or check the wiring..

mr.prick
June 3rd, 2011, 08:39 AM
Bank2 sensor2 is apparently disconnected and bank1 sensor1 seems to be flatlined rich.
This is bad news in Closed Loop. :shock:

While driving through snow one morning I had bank1 sensor1 flatline @ 1.1mV,
this resulted in zero fueling on bank1 w/LTFTs -25%.

MarkR8
June 3rd, 2011, 10:07 AM
Bank2 sensor2 is apparently disconnected and bank1 sensor1 seems to be flatlined rich.
This is bad news in Closed Loop. :shock:

While driving through snow one morning I had bank1 sensor1 flatline @ 1.1mV,
this resulted in zero fueling on bank1 w/LTFTs -25%.

Thanks. These are things I will have to check that I had no idea about.
The first time I successfully made adjustments (rough ones at that) to the VE Table I noticed NB sensors were showing 14.63AFR while WB02 was going from 10~16AFR.
Not long had the tranny rebuilt so I will get under there and check her all out.

I was hesitant to post on here. Waited until I was desperate but you guys are unreal!
Thanks for your help so far, pateince and understanding.