PDA

View Full Version : Public Release June 03, 2011

Blacky
June 3rd, 2011, 12:34 AM
The EFILive V7.5 and V8 software is available for download.

This release includes the 5.9 Cummins Scanning and Tuning support.
Read more about the Cummins features here:
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?16479-2006-2007-5.9L-Tuning-Public-Release

Download here:
http://www.efilive.com/index.php?opt...=48&Itemid=133 (http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=133)

Auto Update:
The Auto Update option will be activated on Monday June 06 US time. Until then you need to download and install the software manually.
Once the Auto Update option is activated your system will see it as a new update and download and install it, regardless of whether you have downloaded and installed this release manually or not.

Known Issues:

Issue 1:
During installation of the V7.5 software the file \My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration\cal_summary.txt is not updated with the latest Cummins calibration summary data. Please edit that file using Notepad and append the following text (if it is not already present):
[CMB]
B9999=.
That calibration summary displays the tune file analysis of a Cummins tune file and whether or not it is safe to flash. Please double-check all Cummins tune files using the V7.5 Tuning Tool before flashing.
Issue 2:
During installation some V8 configuration files are not being updated/overwritten with the latest configuration data. Until we fix that, it is highly recommended that you delete the entire V8 installation folder, then re-install the V8 software. The V8 installation folder is:

(on Windows 32-bit) C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8
(on Windows 64-Bit) C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8

Issue 3:

User defined *.cax files are not being loaded by V7.5. Unfortunately, there is no temporary workaround. It will be fixed in the next update which was due June 06, 2011, but has now been pushed back at least 24 hours.
Reporting Issues:
If you discover any serious problems/faults, please create a support case here:
http://support.efilive.com/
If you discover simple/trivial issues, please make a note of them in this thread.

What's new in this update:

V7.5.7 Build 164 (June 03, 2011)

Updated E37, E38, E39, E67 and E78 ECM calibration support.
Updated P10 (LL8) calibration support.
Added Cruze Turbo E78 OS 12645607.
Added new E37 OS 12628830 for Chinese Buick market.
Fixed scan-tune calibration feedback link for E40 table B0146.
Selecting a new controller from the File menu in the Scan Tool should now load the appropriate enhanced PIDs (either Cummins or GM).
Fixed metric/imperial conversion errors on some calibrations in E38, E67, E39 and E78 controllers.
Fixed floating point fractional values being truncated after being modified.
Fixed metric/imperial conversions for tables with modifiable axis values.
Fixed LS1B DMA PID GM.VETABLE_DMA which was showing 100x the correct value.
Added warning to Cummins calibration screen that indicates whether a file is safe to flash or not, if still flashed the flash will fail with error code $0301.
Optimized start-up license/registration detection when a FlashScan/AutoCal device is not connected.
FlashScan V1 Authorization code is now generated for all non-scan-only devices.

V8.2.1 Build 155 (June 03, 2011)

EFILive V8 can now open V7.5 *.tun files directly (no save option for *.tun is planned).
Added "don't show this again" option to flash warnings for V8.
Added "I have read the warning" option to flash warnings for V8.
Added new "Open File Location" option on right-click context menu for the MRU file lists in the main V8 Scan and Tune window.
Added file name length check when copying files to FlashScan/AutoCal using EFILive Explorer. File names are limited to 63 characters, including the \EFILive\...\... prefix.
Added option to double-check that files being copied to FlashScan\AutoCal "Tune" folders have a *.ctd extension.
Added option to prevent users accidentally copying shortcuts to AutoCal/FlashScan.
EFILive Explorer now remembers and returns to the last used folder each time it is started.
EFILive Explorer now remembers and restores the column widths of the upper (PC based) file list.

FlashScan/AutoCal Firmware V2.07.11 (Jun 03, 2011)

SD Card support fixed for 8/16/32 GB cards.
Added option to allow BBL logging to continue even if PIDs cannot be validated.
Fixed FJO Gen-2 Lambda and EQRatio displays that were incorrect by a factor of 10.
Changed Serial LED to flash at 1Hz when serial data is received.
Fixed BBL not starting under certain conditions, usually when only 1 or 2 PIDs were selected.
Updated, Microsoft signed USB drivers to 2.4.18 (Mar 18, 2011) for WinXP, Vista and Win7.

Regards
Paul

Ninety8C5
June 3rd, 2011, 03:28 AM
I don't know if its a problem or just not activated yet, but Auto Update did not work for me. Downloaded files and update went fine.

cumminsDK
June 3rd, 2011, 04:48 AM
is it necessary to install the drivers listed on the download software page which are dated june 3, 2011? I have tried to download them and when i click on the driver it asks open or save. i select open and it causes internet explorer to flash the screen and open a million times. should i rather save them somewhere?

cumminsDK
June 3rd, 2011, 04:53 AM
ok just read the old quick start guide and it says they are automatically installed with vista which i have

L31Sleeper
June 3rd, 2011, 06:18 AM
Where can we get Cummins files to play with. ??

-Justin

L31Sleeper
June 3rd, 2011, 06:34 AM
What years are going to need the new V2 hardware ??

-Justin

ScarabEpic22
June 3rd, 2011, 07:56 AM
Right now the 5.9 Cummins that went public today can be tuned using ANY V2 (provided you have the Cummins tuning option purchased), the blue case V2s are designed to communicate on the older 5.9 Cummins SCI bus. Not sure exactly on the years, but I think 03-05?

Blacky
June 3rd, 2011, 07:57 AM
I don't know if its a problem or just not activated yet, but Auto Update did not work for me. Downloaded files and update went fine.
The Auto Update option will be activated on Monday US time.
Regards
Paul

Blacky
June 3rd, 2011, 08:01 AM
is it necessary to install the drivers listed on the download software page which are dated june 3, 2011? I have tried to download them and when i click on the driver it asks open or save. i select open and it causes internet explorer to flash the screen and open a million times. should i rather save them somewhere?

ok just read the old quick start guide and it says they are automatically installed with vista which i have

Correct, you don't need to download and install the new FlashScan/AutoCal USB drivers separately. The new drivers will be automatically installed when you install the latest V7.5 or V8 software on XP, Vista or 7.
We provide the drivers separately just in case anyone needs to upgrade or downgrade their USB drivers for some reason (maybe for compatibility reasons with other USB devices on your system that don't play nice with the new drivers - although that is highly unlikely).

The drivers listed as (for Windows 2000) are also valid for Windows XP, Vista and 7. That version is just the old driver version that has been in use for the past 3 years. There is no new driver available for Windows 2000 which is why it is listed separately.

Regards
Paul

L31Sleeper
June 3rd, 2011, 09:07 AM
Do you have to buy the cummins tuning option to edit cummins files ?

Blacky
June 3rd, 2011, 09:30 AM
Do you have to buy the cummins tuning option to edit cummins files ?
No, you only need a license to flash them. You can also read out a Cummins tune without requiring a license.
Regards
Paul

Jedi_Jr
June 3rd, 2011, 10:53 PM
04 P10 OS 12597031 CAL 12576872 Cal Def file 12597031.calz

B0642 Misfire coolant enable is set to 125DEG C and that is 257 DEG F which would indicate that it never tests for misfire, as the engine never gets to 257. Is it supposed to be in DEG F?

vern
June 4th, 2011, 04:42 AM
7.5 won't open at all with the v2 plugged in , ver 8.1 works fine, any ideas ? Thanks

joecar
June 4th, 2011, 06:05 AM
7.5 won't open at all with the v2 plugged in , ver 8.1 works fine, any ideas ? ThanksHi Vern,

Did you update V7 to build 164...?

Did you update V8 to build 155 and then flash your V2 with firmware 2.07.11...?

vern
June 4th, 2011, 07:28 AM
Yes, i installed all the new updates, i used a different computer with build139 and it opens ok ?

Tordne
June 4th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Can you please try this suggestion from THIS THREAD (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?16487-Other-problems&p=146721&viewfull=1#post146721)? It basically gets you to install the old driver version to see if that resolves the issue. Please let us know the results.

vern
June 4th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Thank you! that fixed it

Boost
June 4th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Well I hope there isn't something obvious I missed but I just downloaded the latest updates of 7 & 8 and 8 does not recognize my FS2. It does not display boot block and firware vesion and says no response. I tried both with and without dead poll. 7 seems to see the FS and all my licenses, thank God. ???

Blacky
June 4th, 2011, 12:11 PM
Well I hope there isn't something obvious I missed but I just downloaded the latest updates of 7 & 8 and 8 does not recognize my FS2. It does not display boot block and firware vesion and says no response. I tried both with and without dead poll. 7 seems to see the FS and all my licenses, thank God. ???

There may be an issue with the installer not updating some files in the V8 install folder, we're still investigating.

To force the installer to install the latest files, delete the entire V8 installation folder
C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8 (or C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8 on 64 bit Windows) and then re-run the installation.

Regards
Paul

Rich Z
June 4th, 2011, 12:57 PM
I'm trying to do the procedure on the page "Upgrading FlashScan & AutoCal Bootblock and Firmware Versions" but not having any luck. I'm a complete noob at this, so bear with me, please.

I've gotten to step 4 where I'm supposed to be seeing an image of my FlashScan V2 in the FlashScan and AutoCal Device Settings screen in the bottom right corner, but I see no such thing. All I see are a row of icons representing Open, Save, Read, Program, and Close. There is an icon of the V2 in the lower right hand corner of my desktop, but when I click on that I get an error message saying "No device connected". Now I can load up v7.5 and see the V2 just fine, showing my my license numbers, but in the Scan and Tune V8, it appears that it does not recognize my V2 at all.

I'm assuming I'm just missing something obvious because this is the first time I have run this procedure. But sure would be nice to have a little "hand holding" to walk me through...

Oh, I'm running Win XP on my laptop, btw.

L31Sleeper
June 4th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Hey Paul any idea what causes this =>

Thanx
-Justin

Blacky
June 4th, 2011, 01:15 PM
I'm trying to do the procedure on the page "Upgrading FlashScan & AutoCal Bootblock and Firmware Versions" but not having any luck. I'm a complete noob at this, so bear with me, please.

I've gotten to step 4 where I'm supposed to be seeing an image of my FlashScan V2 in the FlashScan and AutoCal Device Settings screen in the bottom right corner, but I see no such thing. All I see are a row of icons representing Open, Save, Read, Program, and Close. There is an icon of the V2 in the lower right hand corner of my desktop, but when I click on that I get an error message saying "No device connected". Now I can load up v7.5 and see the V2 just fine, showing my my license numbers, but in the Scan and Tune V8, it appears that it does not recognize my V2 at all.

I'm assuming I'm just missing something obvious because this is the first time I have run this procedure. But sure would be nice to have a little "hand holding" to walk me through...

Oh, I'm running Win XP on my laptop, btw.

Check out the document that does the hand holding, it is available from the Windows Start menu:
Start->All Programs->EFILive->V8->Documents->Upgrading Firmware

Important: If the firmware in V2 is V2.04.71 or earlier, you must update to V2.04.72 before attempting any other firmware updates.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
June 4th, 2011, 01:19 PM

Thanx
-Justin

The smart-alec in me wants to say its caused by a "handle that is not valid" but maybe that's just my warped sense of humor.

Can you please let me know what software (V7.5 scan or V7.5 tune or V8 scan&tune or v8 explorer) you were running when it happened.
Also at what stage in the software did it happen, i.e. just starting up, after you selected a menu item or clicked a button (which one etc), or when you were closing the software or closing just a window etc.

Regards
Paul

L31Sleeper
June 4th, 2011, 01:47 PM
It started with the last release and continues with this (6/3/11) release, only on V7.5 when
closing the program it never interferes with operation of the program but one pops up for
every window (table) you had open.

Thanx
-Justin

Blacky
June 4th, 2011, 01:57 PM
This is a long shot, but just in case the installer did not overwrite the older files for some reason, please check the date/time and version of these three files:
\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\EFILive_Tune.exe
\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\EFILive_Scan.exe
\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\obdiiV7.dll
(On Windows 64-Bit the folder name will be \Program Files (x86)\...)

Their dates should all be June 03, 2011.

Right click on each one separately and select Properties and check the version numbers.
The version numbers for each one should be 7.5.7.164

Regards
Paul

L31Sleeper
June 4th, 2011, 02:15 PM
All current.

Thanx
-Justin

Blacky
June 4th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Do the "invalid handle" errors occur every time you close the software?
Or does it only happen sometimes?

Regards
Paul

L31Sleeper
June 4th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Well it was but not now, of course it won't do it on cue

sorry
-Justin

Blacky
June 4th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Well it was but not now, of course it won't do it on cue

sorry
-Justin

If it does happen again and if you remember the sequence of events that preceded it, please let me know.
If I can make the same thing happen here by performing the same steps as you, then there's a very good chance we can catch it and fix it.

Regards
Paul

Jedi_Jr
June 5th, 2011, 12:04 AM

Thanx
-Justin

I get this too, but it is random and seems only to be on the 7.5 tune software.

joecar
June 5th, 2011, 01:45 AM

Oh, I'm running Win XP on my laptop, btw.Hi Rich,

Try this:

Can you please try this suggestion from THIS THREAD (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?16487-Other-problems&p=146721&viewfull=1#post146721)? It basically gets you to install the old driver version to see if that resolves the issue. Please let us know the results.

DrkPhx
June 5th, 2011, 02:24 AM
Hi,
Any plans to integrate the DVT features in the V2 BB? I use the V2 almost exclusively for logging and flashing so it would be a very handy feature. Better yet; how about a droid phone mobile app for the scan tool? That would be awesome. :)

Duramax 6.6L
June 5th, 2011, 02:52 AM
I get this too, but it is random and seems only to be on the 7.5 tune software.

I had this problem, I did a complete uninstall and then reinstalled the program. Never had the problem again.

GMPX
June 5th, 2011, 03:18 AM
Hi,
Any plans to integrate the DVT features in the V2 BB?
Yes, but it's hard to do on an LCD like Flashscan has vs ease of use. There is other things we need to get finished off first that V2 and Autocal before DVT features.

how about a droid phone mobile app for the scan tool? That would be awesome. :)
Not much chance of that I'm sorry.

Rich Z
June 5th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Check out the document that does the hand holding, it is available from the Windows Start menu:
Start->All Programs->EFILive->V8->Documents->Upgrading Firmware

Important: If the firmware in V2 is V2.04.71 or earlier, you must update to V2.04.72 before attempting any other firmware updates.

Regards
Paul

Yes! That helped. I think I'm on track now...

Thanks for your help.

ScarabEpic22
June 5th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Found a bug: Invalid pointer option.

Open V8 S&T, F5:BBX, F5: DTCs, uncheck any of the options, then Close the BBX settings. Click No when prompted to save, will return this error everytime.

Also just checked and it appears modifying any of the BBX settings and either saving or not saving the changes will give this error too.

Blacky
June 5th, 2011, 12:10 PM

Open V8 S&T, F5:BBX, F5: DTCs, uncheck any of the options, then Close the BBX settings. Click No when prompted to save, will return this error everytime.

Also just checked and it appears modifying any of the BBX settings and either saving or not saving the changes will give this error too.

Not able to reproduce that here - yet :(
Can you send me (paul@efilive.com) the file that is loaded when you open the BBX page? (the file name is shown in the title bar).

Regards
Paul

SGFastMax
June 5th, 2011, 01:57 PM
why arent the dtc descriptions available on my black box anymore and when am i gonna be able to view and edit illumination commands for DTC's on 06-07 5.9's.

Blacky
June 5th, 2011, 02:06 PM
why arent the dtc descriptions available on my black box anymore and when am i gonna be able to view and edit illumination commands for DTC's on 06-07 5.9's.
You need to make sure the relevant dtc description files are selected in the BBX configuration.

Regards
Paul

SGFastMax
June 5th, 2011, 02:12 PM
You need to make sure the relevant dtc description files are selected in the BBX configuration.

Regards
Paul

ok, but why isnt the dtc list in the cummins tuning like it is in all other tuning?

Blacky
June 5th, 2011, 02:23 PM
ok, but why isnt the dtc list in the cummins tuning like it is in all other tuning?
As soon as we can figure out how the DTCs work in the ECM we'll add them to the editor.
Regards
Paul

SGFastMax
June 5th, 2011, 02:25 PM
oook, sorry didnt read what all was'nt available yet. thanks

ScarabEpic22
June 5th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Paul, just emailed you in response to post #36.

Thanks!

joecar
June 5th, 2011, 02:44 PM

Not able to reproduce that here - yet :(
Can you send me (paul@efilive.com) the file that is loaded when you open the BBX page? (the file name is shown in the title bar).

Regards
PaulI can't reproduce that either.

Blacky
June 5th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Paul, just emailed you in response to post #36.

Thanks!

Even with your Options.txt file it still does not fail.

Can you please send these files:
\Program Files\EFILive\V8\EFILiveSystem.ini
\Program Files\EFILive\V8\EFILiveHapi.ini
\Program Files\EFILive\V8\EFILiveScanAndTune.ini
\Program Files\EFILive\V8\EFILiveScanAndTuneLayout.ini

Those files hold the configuration setup for the V8 software.

Regards
Paul

Redline Motorsports
June 5th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Ok so is this stable as of this post or do I need to start studying the back door steps?

Blacky
June 5th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Ok so is this stable as of this post or do I need to start studying the back door steps?

It's as stable as we can figure based on our testing here. Obviously there are combos/configurations out there that we have not been able to test and some of those are causing problems.
The two most important things you need to do with this current download is to take note of the two known issues listed in this thread.
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?16478-Public-Release-June-03-2011

Also there appears to be an as yet unidentified conflict between some users' computers and the V7.5 software and the new USB drivers.
If you find that the V7.5 software stops/hangs when starting with FlashScan connected, you may need to uninstall the new(WinXP-Vista-Win7 USB drivers and re-install the Win2K drivers. Instructions here:
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?16487-Other-problems&p=146721&viewfull=1#post146721

I am planning on releasing an update which addresses the known issues on Tuesday.

Regards
Paul

ScarabEpic22
June 5th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Hmm, I just uninstalled V8 from my laptop, deleted the Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8 folder and reinstalled. Still no luck.

What registry keys does V8 use, Ill try uninstalling and deleting those too.

Tordne
June 5th, 2011, 05:03 PM
V8 doesn't use the registry at all. There are config files though in both the 'C:\Program Files\V8' folder (which Paul mentioned in an earlier post) and 'My Documents\EFILive\V8\Config' folder (device and PID selection settings).

ScarabEpic22
June 5th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Ok, well Ill try a few other things on my end and report back.

Chalky
June 6th, 2011, 10:40 AM
I just updated. Using v7 scantool, all go well until I try and scan, I start the scan, but no gauge movement or any data recorded. when I shut down scantool, it asks me to save the data but I have tried to do that as I assume it is not even recording.

Any ideas?

Blacky
June 6th, 2011, 10:51 AM
When the V7.5 software is supposed to be recording data, are the leftmost green and orange LEDs on FlashScan flashing?
Green = USB data to the PC,
Orange = OBDII data from the vehicle.

After you stop it recording (even if its recorded nothing), can you please generate an error report (File->Generate Error Report) and send it to me at paul@efilive.com.

Thanks
Paul

Chalky
June 6th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Good news. I deleted EFILive installed package, loaded up an older version and all was fine. May have been a bad install because when I treied to delete program, Windows would not recognize installed program.

I then reinstalled latest EFILive version and recording in scantool was fine.

Thanks for the quick response.

joecar
June 6th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Cool, glad you got it going :cheers:

Wolfie
June 6th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Sort of related...
I "retired" from driving about 2 months ago dur to increased cost vs income,
so my v2 sat unused for awhile...
Is there a way to do a complete reset to completly clear out the unit and start again?
BTW.... 7 years and over 900,000 miles and all states except Washington and Oregon.

Tordne
June 6th, 2011, 01:48 PM
You cannot clear out the licensing oriented stuff (we'd go broke), but you can format the Config and Data filesystems to remove all content and start again.

Blacky
June 6th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Sort of related...
I "retired" from driving about 2 months ago dur to increased cost vs income,
so my v2 sat unused for awhile...
Is there a way to do a complete reset to completly clear out the unit and start again?
BTW.... 7 years and over 900,000 miles and all states except Washington and Oregon.

Not sure what you mean by reset the device, but to get it back to as close to factory setup as possible do this:

1. Download and install the latest V7.5 and V8 software from here: http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=133
2. Update your firmware to the latest firmware available, read this document: Start->All Programs->EFILive->V8->Documents->Upgrading Firmware
3. Format the [Config] file system using the [Format] button on the [Config] tab page of the V8 EFILive Explorer program
3a. OR to format the Config file system and clear all the config settings in one go: Power off FlashScan, wait 10 seconds, hold down the F1 key on FlashScan's keypad while powering-up FlashScan.
4. Remove any SD Card and format the [Data] file system using the FlashScan menu options: F4 Options -> F2 File System -> F3 Format File Sys.
5. Replace the SD Card (if you have one) and perform step 4 again to format the SD Card.

As Andrew said above, you cannot clear out the VIN licensing data.

Regards
Paul

Wolfie
June 6th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Blacky,
3a is what I was looking for... Thanks

joecar
June 7th, 2011, 03:57 AM
7 years and over 900,000 miles and all states except Washington and Oregon.Impressive number of miles :cheers:

SGFastMax
June 7th, 2011, 02:25 PM

Regards
Paul

pual, i already had all of the relevant dtc files selected as described. i tried reprograming the box and still the same thing.

Blacky
June 7th, 2011, 02:57 PM
pual, i already had all of the relevant dtc files selected as described. i tried reprograming the box and still the same thing.

Check what files got copied to the [Config] file system using EFILive Explorer (see image).

The files should be:
gm_p.dtc
gm_b.dtc
gm_c.dtc
gm_u.dtc
for GM codes

and
ch_p.dtc
ch_u.dtc
for Chrysler codes.

Not all DTC descriptions are present in the *.dtc files so some DTCs may still show "No description".

Regards
Paul

Blacky
June 8th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Updated software, versions: V7.5.7.165 and V8.2.1.156 is now available.
Please see this thread for more info:
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?16523-Public-Release-Update-June-06-2011

Regards
Paul

Boost
June 8th, 2011, 11:38 PM
So, I should delete all the versions on my computer and download the latest one to get it to work? Do I need to delete any other files besides the shortcuts and the main folders? Thanks

Blacky
June 8th, 2011, 11:42 PM
So, I should delete all the versions on my computer and download the latest one to get it to work? Do I need to delete any other files besides the shortcuts and the main folders? Thanks
You shouldn't need to delete anything, these versions (V7.5 and V8) should install over the top of the existing software.
Make sure you run the install as Administrator so that the installer has permission to overwrite various files.

Regards
Paul

Boost
June 9th, 2011, 01:48 AM
Thanks. Are you referring to the latest 165 & 156? Because I had trouble with my V8 as per my earlier post in this thread. I'll try again later.

Blacky
June 9th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Thanks. Are you referring to the latest 165 & 156? Because I had trouble with my V8 as per my earlier post in this thread. I'll try again later.
Yes, one of the updates in this latest release is to force the installer to overwrite existing files instead of relying on date comparisons to figure out which file is older.
Regards
Paul

Boost
June 9th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Great!!! :) thanks!

Boost
June 10th, 2011, 05:44 AM
:( my FS is "unresponsive" I now have 165 & 156, and when I conncect in dead poll mode EE says no device and when I connect regular there is a check mark for USB but X for FS and it's unresponsive :( Please help!

joecar
June 10th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Try this: http://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=9411-UHZV-3143

Tordne
June 10th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Failing Joe's suggestion to verify the drivers perhaps also look at this page regarding USB settings (http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=112&Itemid=122). Please note that the instructions refer to a MProg application which is replaced by FT_Prog in the latest software releases.

Boost
June 10th, 2011, 08:17 AM
Will try those things and report. Thank you guys!

Boost
July 9th, 2011, 07:59 AM
Ok so my problem is finally fixed. I updated to boot block manually in the FS, to 2.5.x, then through EE to 2.7 and then the firmware and then the boot block again back and forth until everything was green and finally works, YAY! :) props to EFILive for designing and engineering these things to be so tough and functional, they always work good as long as your willing to put a little effort into it, even all through the years of flashing and various conditions and updating. :)