PDA

View Full Version : Issues on the first day with efi live...

CIDRAUGHN
June 3rd, 2011, 10:41 AM
Ok, so i received my licenses, and the cummins tuning upgrade, and I have entered them in the appropriate places as per the instructions sent in the email from dans diesel performance. The issue is that once I open an efi live program, the windows on the computer will not close unless i unplug the V2 from the computer. As soon as I do, the windows close and everything functions properly. The other issue is that when I plug into the truck to try and read the factory calibration, it will connect, and say:

Executing: C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\Config\CMB_R.obj
Virtual Machine Started
Script Loaded
Script Verified
Reading...
Checking Data File...
Script exited with code $0311: Mode Not Supported ($11)

I have updated the efi live both 7.5 build 164 and 8.2.1 build 155. Also I have updated the firmware to the most recent one. Any suggestions on what I should do? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Blacky
June 3rd, 2011, 11:15 AM
Can you please email me all the *.htx trace files from the folder \My Documents\EFILive\V8\Trace
Send them to me at paul@efilive.com
Include the URL at the top of this page in the email so I can correlate the email with this post.

Regards
Paul

FUBAR
June 3rd, 2011, 11:19 AM
My Scan Serial number is the same as his, so I'll be very interested in this topic before I try anything this evening when I get home.

CIDRAUGHN
June 3rd, 2011, 11:36 AM
Email sent! Thanks for the fast reply.

chizwizdiz
June 3rd, 2011, 12:18 PM
I was having the same problem. I exited the program, tried again and it read it. I'm having other problems, but I'll start another thread. :)

skneeland
June 3rd, 2011, 12:44 PM
same problem here

getting "script file not supported" when i try to read the ECM

emailing you the trace files as well

CIDRAUGHN
June 3rd, 2011, 12:52 PM
Glad to hear its not just me. Also, I did try another truck, and it worked instantly on it. However, when I read the file and make the slightest change to it, it says that the values are out of range, and that efi live will not flash it. So now I have one truck that will do pretty much nothing but read the file, and another one that wont read at all. The scan tool does work partially, however, on both trucks.

chizwizdiz
June 3rd, 2011, 12:59 PM
I just tried to shut off the post injection as a test and was able to save it. I don't think it will flash to my truck because it says "incomplete, do not flash".

Tordne
June 3rd, 2011, 01:05 PM
I just tried to shut off the post injection as a test and was able to save it. I don't think it will flash to my truck because it says "incomplete, do not flash".

If you flash that file you will almost certainly get a no-start condition, which is why the warning is shown. The existing calibration is almost certainly a result of using another tuning tool previously. You will need to get a stock file before making changes and flashing.

chizwizdiz
June 3rd, 2011, 01:14 PM
If you flash that file you will almost certainly get a no-start condition, which is why the warning is shown. The existing calibration is almost certainly a result of using another tuning tool previously. You will need to get a stock file before making changes and flashing.

Roger that. I uninstalled the previous tuner (as complete as I thought) but I still get that message. I didn't plan on flashing the tune I just modified, I was just curious to see if I could modify any tables, as well as save the file.

GMPX
June 3rd, 2011, 01:21 PM
Can you please send your 'returned to stock' file to support@efilive.com , obviously if it's not being returned to stock 100% then we have a problem :shock:

Blacky
June 3rd, 2011, 01:24 PM
However, when I read the file and make the slightest change to it, it says that the values are out of range, and that efi live will not flash it.
Can you please send that file to me at paul@efilive.com
Thanks

The scan tool does work partially, however, on both trucks.
What part(s) of the scan tool do not work?

Regards
Paul

Blacky
June 3rd, 2011, 01:27 PM
same problem here

getting "script file not supported" when i try to read the ECM

emailing you the trace files as well

Are you trying to read it using V8 pass-thru reading to a PC, or using the FlashScan as a stand-alone device?
If you're using FlashScan as a stand-alone device, make sure you have downloaded and installed the V8 software and that you have updated the script files on your FlashScan device and that the FlashScan device's firmware is up to date with the latest firmware from the V8 software.

Regards
Paul

CIDRAUGHN
June 3rd, 2011, 01:38 PM
What part(s) of the scan tool do not work?

Regards
Paul[/QUOTE]

I am having problems accessing some of the PIDs such as commanded RP, and actual RP. That is most of the problem that I am having.

CIDRAUGHN
June 3rd, 2011, 01:56 PM
email with stock tune sent.

FUBAR
June 3rd, 2011, 02:00 PM
Mine worked!!

chizwizdiz
June 3rd, 2011, 02:01 PM
Can you please send your 'returned to stock' file to support@efilive.com , obviously if it's not being returned to stock 100% then we have a problem :shock:

Email sent. For what it's worth, I have heard of trucks tuned with a bullydog being a bit more difficult to return to stock.

CIDRAUGHN
June 3rd, 2011, 02:12 PM
Mine has had smarty s06 and smarty SSR on it, however it is returned to stock, and the truck that has read successfully has had both s06 and SSR on it as well.

CIDRAUGHN
June 3rd, 2011, 02:27 PM
Ok, I tried a different computer, and it now goes very smoothly, including reading the factory ecm. That is only on the truck that worked previously, I have not tried the other one yet. However, when I try to flash even the stock program, I get the message "error, The currently loaded calibration contains one or more incorrect segment checksums. EFILIVE cannot guarantee the integrity of the file and will not allow this calibration to be reflashed into a ECM. Also, when I bring up the flash screen, and click "check status" it attempts 10 times, and displays an error message saying that status is unknown.

I did check the firmware, and for firmware i have version 2.07.11, and bootblock version 2.07.02

Blacky
June 3rd, 2011, 02:46 PM
Ok, I tried a different computer, and it now goes very smoothly, including reading the factory ecm. That is only on the truck that worked previously, I have not tried the other one yet. However, when I try to flash even the stock program, I get the message "error, The currently loaded calibration contains one or more incorrect segment checksums. EFILIVE cannot guarantee the integrity of the file and will not allow this calibration to be reflashed into a ECM. Also, when I bring up the flash screen, and click "check status" it attempts 10 times, and displays an error message saying that status is unknown.

I did check the firmware, and for firmware i have version 2.07.11, and bootblock version 2.07.02

Do you mean you are attempting to flash it using V7.5? That won't work, you must use V8 to flash a Cummins.
Can you please send the file that shows the checksum errors to me at paul@efilive.com (so far, of all the files I've received today none of them have shown "bad checksums" so I probably don't have it)

Regards
Paul

CIDRAUGHN
June 4th, 2011, 12:06 AM
I have the flashing figured out on another computer, and the first two as well after completely reloading the software. However, I am still getting the same message when attempting to read the stock file on my first truck. Im wondering if my ecm isnt supported in this release, but the other truck that i have had success with has the same build date as mine. Maybe the SSR isnt returning it to stock?

CIDRAUGHN
June 4th, 2011, 12:39 AM
The message i receive when trying to read my stock file says... "Mode not supported ($11)"
Paul, I sent all the htx files in the trace folder when I sent them to you the first time.

skneeland
June 4th, 2011, 02:12 AM
still the same problem here, it gets to this point:

Virtual Machine Started

then error message pops up "script file not supported by this software version"

I tried a different computer, re-installed the software as Admin. ran the software as Admin. Everything updated to the latest version possible

chizwizdiz
June 4th, 2011, 05:50 AM
still the same problem here, it gets to this point:

Virtual Machine Started

then error message pops up "script file not supported by this software version"

I tried a different computer, re-installed the software as Admin. ran the software as Admin. Everything updated to the latest version possible

I'm getting the same message (as above) now.

Blacky
June 4th, 2011, 09:57 AM
The message "script file not supported by this software version" should only occur if/when the software version and the script file version are not compatible. For the current release, the software version is V8.2.1.155 and the script file version is 08.02.34. Follow the instructions below to verify/validate the version number of the files that have been installed (or failed to install) on your system.

Check the version of the V8 software and make sure it shows V8.2.1. Build 155 on the main screen as per the first image below.

Check the version of the C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\EFILive_VM.dll file, to do that right click on it and select Properties, then select the Details page (or the Version page if you're using WinXP). Make sure the version number shows as 8.2.1.155 as per the second image below

Check the version of the CMB_R.obj script file, to do that run Notepad and from within Notepad open the script file C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\Config\CMB_R.obj. Make sure the version number is 08.02.34 as shown in the third image below. Close Notepad without modifying or saving the file.

IMPORTANT: Do not attempt to modify or save the script file while viewing it in Notepad, it will corrupt the file. Only use Notepad to view the version number.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
June 4th, 2011, 10:06 AM
The message i receive when trying to read my stock file says... "Mode not supported ($11)"
Paul, I sent all the htx files in the trace folder when I sent them to you the first time.

Has the truck been flashed with EFILive before?
Regards
Paul

chizwizdiz
June 4th, 2011, 10:47 AM
The message "script file not supported by this software version" should only occur if/when the software version and the script file version are not compatible. For the current release, the software version is V8.2.1.155 and the script file version is 08.02.34. Follow the instructions below to verify/validate the version number of the files that have been installed (or failed to install) on your system.

Check the version of the V8 software and make sure it shows V8.2.1. Build 155 on the main screen as per the first image below.

Check the version of the C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\EFILive_VM.dll file, to do that right click on it and select Properties, then select the Details page (or the Version page if you're using WinXP). Make sure the version number shows as 8.2.1.155 as per the second image below

Check the version of the CMB_R.obj script file, to do that run Notepad and from within Notepad open the script file C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\Config\CMB_R.obj. Make sure the version number is 08.02.34 as shown in the third image below. Close Notepad without modifying or saving the file.

IMPORTANT: Do not attempt to modify or save the script file while viewing it in Notepad, it will corrupt the file. Only use Notepad to view the version number.

Regards
Paul

Paul-

The first two checks were ok. I couldn't get the last check complete, I've attached a screen shot.

Josh

Blacky
June 4th, 2011, 10:51 AM

Paul-

The first two checks were ok. I couldn't get the last check complete, I've attached a screen shot.

Josh

Change the drop down list where it says "Text Documents (*.txt)" to "All Files (*.*)".
Regards
Paul

chizwizdiz
June 4th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Change the drop down list where it says "Text Documents (*.txt)" to "All Files (*.*)".
Regards
Paul

Ok, that worked, thank you. My screen displayed 08.02.33

Thanks,

Josh

Blacky
June 4th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Ok, that worked, thank you. My screen displayed 08.02.33

Thanks,

Josh

I'm not sure how the script file got to be version 08.02.33, the installer should have installed version 08.02.34.

To force the installer to install the latest files, delete the entire V8 installation folder
C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8 (or C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8 on 64 bit Windows) and then re-run the installation.

Then re-check the version of the CMB_R.obj script file, it should be 08.02.34

Regards
Paul

chizwizdiz
June 4th, 2011, 12:25 PM
I'm not sure how the script file got to be version 08.02.33, the installer should have installed version 08.02.34.

To force the installer to install the latest files, delete the entire V8 installation folder
C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8 (or C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8 on 64 bit Windows) and then re-run the installation.

Regards
Paul

Ok, that worked. I'm currently about 3:57 away from seeing if my previous box tune did infact, return the truck to stock like it said it did.

Thank you for all your help!

chizwizdiz
June 4th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Ok, that worked. I'm currently about 3:57 away from seeing if my previous box tune did infact, return the truck to stock like it said it did.

Thank you for all your help!

Well at least I can read the ECM now, but that box tune just isn't letting go. lol!

FUBAR
June 4th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Just some info... I successfully read and flashed my truck with a tune. Then went to flash a different tune and got what the original poster's error code $0311. Computer did not freeze though. So I exited out scan and tune, reopened and attempted to flash new tune in again. It worked with no problems. Just food for thought, but boy was it sure the longest 5 minutes of my life trying to flash it again after that error code!!! Especially before taking a 600 mile family vacation tomorrow!

Thanks guys.

Andrew

Blacky
June 4th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Just some info... I successfully read and flashed my truck with a tune. Then went to flash a different tune and got what the original poster's error code $0311. Computer did not freeze though. So I exited out scan and tune, reopened and attempted to flash new tune in again. It worked with no problems. Just food for thought, but boy was it sure the longest 5 minutes of my life trying to flash it again after that error code!!! Especially before taking a 600 mile family vacation tomorrow!

Thanks guys.

Andrew

Can you please send the most recent *.htx files from this folder:
\My Documents\EFILive\V8\Trace

By "most recent" I mean the ones that would have been created by both the most recent unsuccessful and successful attempts to flash the truck.
With both successful and unsuccessful trace file we may be able to determine the conditions under which it fails.

Regards
Paul

skneeland
June 4th, 2011, 03:49 PM

Regards
Paul

I had the same file version. Going to delete and re-install ASAP. will keep you posted.

thanks

*Edit* worked so far, able to read and modify tunes...hopefully the reprogramming goes smooth

FUBAR
June 4th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Can you please send the most recent *.htx files from this folder:
\My Documents\EFILive\V8\Trace

By "most recent" I mean the ones that would have been created by both the most recent unsuccessful and successful attempts to flash the truck.
With both successful and unsuccessful trace file we may be able to determine the conditions under which it fails.

Regards
Paul

Done. Thanks, Andrew

Blacky
June 5th, 2011, 12:24 AM
Thanks for the files. Can you confirm that all those files are from read/flash attempts on the same truck?
Regards
Paul

FUBAR
June 5th, 2011, 02:13 AM
Yes they are Paul.

-Andrew

CIDRAUGHN
June 5th, 2011, 05:29 AM
Has the truck been flashed with EFILive before?
Regards
Paul
The trucks files have only been read by efi live before. I read them and sent them in while you were doing beta testing

CIDRAUGHN
June 5th, 2011, 06:07 AM
What if I were to attempt to flash the truck with a stock file obtained from another 06? Im not sure if that would work, because apparently it cant gain access to the ecm eeven to read the stock file?

2007 5.9
June 5th, 2011, 06:31 AM
VIN change would need to happen in order to get the vehicle to run...I'm in the process of finding out how to do just that.

~Les

CIDRAUGHN
June 5th, 2011, 06:53 AM
yes please do let me know when you figure that out.

Duramax 6.6L
June 5th, 2011, 07:16 AM
VIN change would need to happen in order to get the vehicle to run...I'm in the process of finding out how to do just that.

~Les

I am trying to do this also, please let me know if you find out how to do it.

2007 5.9
June 5th, 2011, 07:18 AM
yes please do let me know when you figure that out.

I am trying to do this also, please let me know if you find out how to do it.

Will do guys.

~Les

CIDRAUGHN
June 5th, 2011, 07:31 AM
Just figured it out. Open the Scan tool, click the green button to connect, click bidirectional, change vin, enter the new vin and there you go. worked well for me.

2007 5.9
June 5th, 2011, 07:39 AM
Just figured it out. Open the Scan tool, click the green button to connect, click bidirectional, change vin, enter the new vin and there you go. worked well for me.

So you loaded wrong VIN tune with V8...closed V8, opened scantool...connect...and so on??

Just want to be sure that you did actually load a wrong vin tune first??

~Les

CIDRAUGHN
June 5th, 2011, 08:02 AM
Yep. It was by mistake loading the wrong tune first, but I guess that provided the extra motivation to figure it out. Took me twice to get it to go through, but it works like a charm now, and I can read and use efi live on my truck now. I cant wait to get some good tunes written for it.

MQ105
June 11th, 2011, 03:21 AM
I am showing V8.2.1.156 and script file 08.02.34 and I am getting the same message
"script file not supported by this software version"
I was able to delete and reload to get the correct script file. How do I get .155 or get this to work with .156?

Thank you

Regards
Paul

MQ105
June 11th, 2011, 04:49 AM
Ok, tried the reload a fourth time and all the versions and scripts are right. I was able to read the stock tune. :grin:

ATPCummins
June 13th, 2011, 11:51 AM

Regards
Paul

Hello Paul,
I am having the script issue too. I have uninstalled. Removed folders, shut down lap top, reinstalled V8 as administrator, completed update. Tried new and old drivers, tried forcing update etc.. and I still have script version 08.02.33 I am running windows 7 and have tried this three times today. Anything I am missing? Any help wil be appreciated.

Thank you, Monte

Blacky
June 13th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Hello Paul,
I am having the script issue too. I have uninstalled. Removed folders, shut down lap top, reinstalled V8 as administrator, completed update. Tried new and old drivers, tried forcing update etc.. and I still have script version 08.02.33 I am running windows 7 and have tried this three times today. Anything I am missing? Any help wil be appreciated.

Thank you, Monte

Are you 100% certain that you have downloaded the latest software install (Build 156)?
From here: http://download.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILiveV8.2.1.156_Setup.exe
And that you are actually installing the downloaded file called EFILiveV8.2.1.156_Setup.exe (make sure the install file has 156 in the name).

Regards
Paul

IdahoRob
June 13th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Yes Paul, I doubled checked and he has build V8.2.1. build 156.

Blacky
June 13th, 2011, 12:23 PM
What is the date/time stamp on the *.obj files (i.e. the script files) in the folder:
\Program Files\EFILive\V8\Config
(or \Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\Config on 64 bit windows)

They should be May 29, 2011 at 2:04pm

Regards
Paul

ATPCummins
June 13th, 2011, 12:23 PM
I will try from this link you sent but all my downloads have been from the EFILive site. Versions always come up correct and the update from the program buttons always load fine, at least that is what is communicated!!! I will let you know if this works this time. If you need bootblock and firmware versions let me know as I updated those recently too.
Monte
Are you 100% certain that you have downloaded the latest software install (Build 156)?
From here: http://download.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILiveV8.2.1.156_Setup.exe
And that you are actually installing the downloaded file called EFILiveV8.2.1.156_Setup.exe (make sure the install file has 156 in the name).

Regards
Paul

ATPCummins
June 13th, 2011, 12:36 PM
The one on my laptop is 4-1 and Robs that does not have the current software version is 5-29. Monte
What is the date/time stamp on the *.obj files (i.e. the script files) in the folder:
\Program Files\EFILive\V8\Config
(or \Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\Config on 64 bit windows)

They should be May 29, 2011 at 2:04pm

Regards
Paul

IdahoRob
June 13th, 2011, 12:56 PM
My V8 software is current and has the May 29th and doesn't have this issue. Have at least one customer we are working with that has the same issue also.

IdahoRob
June 13th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Paul, I just did the V8 update from "program file" and it went backwards to April 01. This computer was just showing May 29th and after running the update, it's April 01. Hope this narrows down the path.

IdahoRob
June 13th, 2011, 01:15 PM
OK, uninstalled the V8 and re-downloaded but didn't "check for updates" and the May 29 scrip date is back. Monte did the same and his is also now reading May 29. He is confirming with a truck now to see if problem is fixed. Appears to be reading the tune from the truck.

That was easy....

MQ105
June 13th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Rob and Monte, hello.

I stumbled upon the "no update" solution to get mine to work. I can now scan, read, flash (trying to get the lingo down.)

I deleted and reloaded V8. I checked the script and it was correct, so I gathered cables and went to the truck. At that point I remembered I hadn't checked for updates. I did that, updated, the attempted to read the tune. I got the script message. I checked and the version was wrong. So, I deleted and reloaded again, then checked the version. It was correct, so I went to the truck and read the tune without looking for updates. It worked. I still haven't done the updates for fear of messing up the script version.

ATPCummins
June 13th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Rob and Monte, hello.

I stumbled upon the "no update" solution to get mine to work. I can now scan, read, flash (trying to get the lingo down.)

I deleted and reloaded V8. I checked the script and it was correct, so I gathered cables and went to the truck. At that point I remembered I hadn't checked for updates. I did that, updated, the attempted to read the tune. I got the script message. I checked and the version was wrong. So, I deleted and reloaded again, then checked the version. It was correct, so I went to the truck and read the tune without looking for updates. It worked. I still haven't done the updates for fear of messing up the script version.

Thanks for the input. I was able to flash another tune into my truck after downloading and not updating V8. I walked one of our new customers through this process too. He was also able to now read and copy his stock tune. I am confident the crew at EFILive will correct this issue. I will not activate an update until then though!!!!
Monte

TeddyBear
June 13th, 2011, 04:37 PM
After having some issues at first, which are now resolved (thanks to Cindy for the help), everything is working good so far. The only issue I am having is that the v7.5 will not open completely if I have my V2 plugged into the USB port. As soon as I unplug the V2, the green bar loads the rest of the way, and the software opens up normally. Everything is fine except for this one small issue. Anyone else having the same issue?

I have only messed with one truck so far; a 2006 Mega Cab Automatic. Everytime I read a calibration from the ECM, the horn will beep the next time I turn the key on. It does this for a few key cycles, and then stops.

monkeybrain
June 13th, 2011, 11:55 PM
Thanks for the input. I was able to flash another tune into my truck after downloading and not updating V8. I walked one of our new customers through this process too. He was also able to now read and copy his stock tune. I am confident the crew at EFILive will correct this issue. I will not activate an update until then though!!!!
Monte

Thanks for your help Monte. I did notice my VIN# was all zeros when I opened that tune with v7.5. Rob said the tune looked fine though.

Mark

GMPX
June 14th, 2011, 12:55 AM
I have only messed with one truck so far; a 2006 Mega Cab Automatic. Everytime I read a calibration from the ECM, the horn will beep the next time I turn the key on. It does this for a few key cycles, and then stops.
Wow, horn beeps, now that is a new one. Does it maybe have some sort of after market alarm doing that?

IdahoRob
June 14th, 2011, 01:49 AM
Common problem (not the horn), see this thread for the fix. http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?16487-Other-problems

After having some issues at first, which are now resolved (thanks to Cindy for the help), everything is working good so far. The only issue I am having is that the v7.5 will not open completely if I have my V2 plugged into the USB port. As soon as I unplug the V2, the green bar loads the rest of the way, and the software opens up normally. Everything is fine except for this one small issue. Anyone else having the same issue?

TeddyBear
June 14th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Wow, horn beeps, now that is a new one. Does it maybe have some sort of after market alarm doing that?

Pretty sure its never had anything but the factory anti theft.

Common problem (not the horn), see this thread for the fix. http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?16487-Other-problems

Thanks Rob. Tried that and it worked. I tried to flash my Duramax earlier today and it kept getting stuck. After following the steps in that link, the problem is solved

Truck Source
June 15th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Also having the "Script exited with code $0311: Mode Not Supported ($11)." error. Pulled the calibration off a 07 fine this morning, and tried to pull off an 06 this afternoon and receive that error. Made sure I had the latest files off the website, not the update in the software itself or the cd. also tried another laptop and no dice.

FUBAR
June 16th, 2011, 12:53 AM
Paul I emailed ( titled "Bad trace file) you a trace file of a "unknown" error when trying to flash truck. It successfully flashed on 1 reattempt too. Not really had any problems lately.

Thanks, Andrew

Truck Source
June 16th, 2011, 02:43 PM
Update. I got one of the stock files off comp d, flashed it then changed the vin and now can read the stock file as well.

The two trucks both had smarty. The one that worked at first was an old smarty with no pod or ssr. The one that had to be reflashed had ssr. Anyone else get the same $0311 code from pod or ssr, and not from another kind of box? Maybe we can find a trend as to what trucks need to be reflashed first.

2007 5.9
June 16th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Update. I got one of the stock files off comp d, flashed it then changed the vin and now can read the stock file as well.

The two trucks both had smarty. The one that worked at first was an old smarty with no pod or ssr. The one that had to be reflashed had ssr. Anyone else get the same $0311 code from pod or ssr, and not from another kind of box? Maybe we can find a trend as to what trucks need to be reflashed first.

So far I think you are the only one that had a issue with Smarty...usually the problem ECM's had BullyDog loaded at one time.

Good to know.

~Les

IdahoRob
June 16th, 2011, 04:09 PM
I've not seen the issue yet. But I don't have any aftermarket boxes. I have a lot of customers that have sent in stock tunes after taking their box tuners off, and still no code.

Truck Source
June 16th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Hmm, wonder if it has anything to do w/ boxs that can adjust on the fly, and not an inline box under the hood, but rather a downloader. Anyone have any idea what that error means or what causes it?

On a different note, made my first tune this evening, just trying to smooth out a few things in the stock file and play w/ throttle response and fuel up top, just a few quick changes. Truck took the tune and definately can feel the changes. Goal number one is getting rid of the rattle from dual pumps and flux 5.1s under daily driving situations. This is going to totally change the dodge world w/ time.

GMPX
June 16th, 2011, 11:52 PM
Anyone else get the same $0311 code from pod or ssr, and not from another kind of box? Maybe we can find a trend as to what trucks need to be reflashed first.
I would suggest the box tuners that will give trouble are those that have modified the Cummins ECM operating system to give on the fly switching features. The problem boils down to the extra code they have written to the ECM to make the extra functions work cannot be read out, so what EFILive can read is basically an incomplete file to make the ECM run. The $0311 error is the ECM sending a response back to EFILive at the end of the flash to say the reflash did not complete as expected, it knows there is data missing (the stuff we can't read).

Thankfully it doesn't mean a dead truck and using a standard Cummins tune to get up and running again is the answer.

Blame should not be put on these box tuners, it's just a restriction of the Cummins ECM architecture, what is annoying is when a user tells the box tuner to return the ECM back to stock and it does not.

Truck Source
June 17th, 2011, 04:29 AM
yeah, makes total sense what youre saying about the on the fly stuff. Its good EFI has the capability to flash a stock file back to the truck.

monkeybrain
June 18th, 2011, 06:56 AM
I would suggest the box tuners that will give trouble are those that have modified the Cummins ECM operating system to give on the fly switching features. The problem boils down to the extra code they have written to the ECM to make the extra functions work cannot be read out, so what EFILive can read is basically an incomplete file to make the ECM run. The $0311 error is the ECM sending a response back to EFILive at the end of the flash to say the reflash did not complete as expected, it knows there is data missing (the stuff we can't read).

Thankfully it doesn't mean a dead truck and using a standard Cummins tune to get up and running again is the answer.

Blame should not be put on these box tuners, it's just a restriction of the Cummins ECM architecture, what is annoying is when a user tells the box tuner to return the ECM back to stock and it does not.

I just got this error trying to flash from one EFILive tune to another. Truck has never had an on-the-fly tuner on it.

Second time the tune loaded successfully, but when I start the truck, the lights flash and the horn honks.

Third time's the charm. That was weird.