PDA

View Full Version : cannot upgrade

anarchydiesel
June 3rd, 2011, 10:36 AM
I just recieved my upgrade code to cummins and have entered all the info in the email, but when I press upgrade it says that it was not upgraded and to check my upgrade codes. Any ideas?

Tordne
June 3rd, 2011, 11:18 AM
Have you updated your V7 and V8 software and device firmware with the releases posted last night?

anarchydiesel
June 3rd, 2011, 12:01 PM
I have got the updates installed and got the upgrade done, and have read a base file from a truck. I have tried to open it in v7.5 but it says unrecognized pcm.

Tordne
June 3rd, 2011, 12:06 PM
Send the file through to me (support@efilive.com). We got a bunch of files through the beta cycle and from users reading their trucks so we could have as many cals as possible supported. It may just be we haven't seen your OS before and need to create a map for it.

anarchydiesel
June 3rd, 2011, 12:12 PM
just sent it, thanks for the quick help guys.

Tordne
June 3rd, 2011, 12:24 PM
Got it and it opens fine in the release software from yesterday. Can you please ensure you are running the latest version from our website HERE (http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=133) (and that your FlashScan V2 firmware is updated).

anarchydiesel
June 3rd, 2011, 12:27 PM
I am updating again will report back with what it does.

Tordne
June 3rd, 2011, 12:41 PM
If you're running the versions from the website it should be exactly the same as what I'm getting (I have the same release installed locally). But, do let us know if it's not loading for some reason :/

anarchydiesel
June 3rd, 2011, 12:42 PM
It is working and I am getting blown away by some of the timing numbers I am seeing in a "box" tuner. It is a wonder this truck has not blown up already

anarchydiesel
June 3rd, 2011, 01:10 PM
Got the tune modified and went to reprogram the truck, but it says it cannot program the ecm in pass through mode. How do I change this setting?

anarchydiesel
June 3rd, 2011, 01:33 PM
I reupdated my v8 software and it is trying to license the ecm now but says that I do not have any available licenses. Do I have to buy a license for the first vehicle, I thought it came with two licenses like the gm tuning

Tordne
June 3rd, 2011, 01:41 PM
Can you please email me (support@efilive.com) your FlashScan V2 Serial Number?

anarchydiesel
June 4th, 2011, 01:00 AM
I finally got the truck tuned at about midnight last night. Thanks to the support team for the super fast responses and all the help getting me straightened out.