PDA

View Full Version : Other problems

chizwizdiz
June 3rd, 2011, 11:32 AM
I returned my truck to stock (former Bullydog user) but I'm still getting the B9999 Incomplete, do not flash message. Any suggestions?

Also, a few other problems:

-I have to open V7.5 first before I connect the V2, if I do it the other way around, it will freeze.
-While I'm lurking around in V7.5 (with the V2 connected), if I want to close out out any window, I have to disconnect the V2 or it will freeze and not respond.

Firmware-2.07.11, BootBlock-2.07.11

Blacky
June 3rd, 2011, 01:00 PM
When you start EFILive without FlashScan V2 connected, then display the Help->About window, what does it show for the Build number and the License level?

One advanced option to try is to revert back to the old USB drivers. To do that you must first uninstall the new USB drivers, then manually install the old drivers.

To uninstall the new drivers:

Disconnect all EFILive devices.
Run the program \Program Files\EFILive\Drivers\Utilities\Remove FDTI USB Drivers\CDMuninstallerGUI.exe
Enter a Vendor ID of 0403 and a Product ID of E4A1, then click [Add], then click [Remove Devices]. Wait for the device(s) to be removed and then click [Cancel].

To install the old drivers:

Connect FlashScan V2, Windows should indicate that the driver could not be installed for FlashScan V2.
Right click My Computer and select Properties, then open the Device Manager.
Expand the "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" item (or the "Other Devices" item) and double click on EFILive FlashScan V2.
Click on the [Update Driver] button and select the option that allows you to browse your computer for the correct drivers.
Browse to the folder: C:\Program Files\EFILive\Drivers\EFILive\Win-2K (that folder contains the old USB drivers for Win2K, WinXP, Vista and Win7).
Follow the install wizard until the drivers are installed.

Please post here if downgrading to the old USB drivers fixes the start-up problem.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
June 3rd, 2011, 01:03 PM
I returned my truck to stock (former Bullydog user) but I'm still getting the B9999 Incomplete, do not flash message. Any suggestions?
Please send the file to me (paul@efilive.com) that you read from your controller after you returned the truck to stock using the Bullydog.
It is quite likely that the Bullydog device is not returning the truck to 100% stock.

Regards
Paul

chizwizdiz
June 3rd, 2011, 01:07 PM
When I open the Help->About window, my screen looks the same as the picture you attached. I will try to install the old drivers now, thanks!

chizwizdiz
June 3rd, 2011, 01:10 PM
Please send the file to me (paul@efilive.com) that you read from your controller after you returned the truck to stock using the Bullydog.
It is quite likely that the Bullydog device is not returning the truck to 100% stock.

Regards
Paul

Email sent. Thanks!

chizwizdiz
June 3rd, 2011, 01:29 PM
When you start EFILive without FlashScan V2 connected, then display the Help->About window, what does it show for the Build number and the License level?

One advanced option to try is to revert back to the old USB drivers. To do that you must first uninstall the new USB drivers, then manually install the old drivers.

Run the program \Program Files\EFILive\Drivers\Utilities\Remove FDTI USB Drivers\CDMuninstallerGUI.exe
Enter a Vendor ID of 0403 and a Product ID of E4A1, then click [Add], then click [Remove Devices]. Wait for the device(s) to be removed and then click [Cancel].

Connect FlashScan V2, Windows should indicate that the driver could not be installed for FlashScan V2.
Expand the "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" item (or the "Other Devices" item) and double click on EFILive FlashScan V2.
Click on the [Update Driver] button and select the option that allows you to browse your computer for the correct drivers.
Browse to the folder: C:\Program Files\EFILive\Drivers\EFILive\Win-2K (that folder contains the old USB drivers for Win2K, WinXP, Vista and Win7).

Please post here if downgrading to the old USB drivers fixes the start-up problem.

Regards
Paul

Probably my lack of skills, but I got as far as Run the program \Program Files\EFILive\Drivers. In the drivers folder there were only two folders, EFI Live and Roadrunner. I looked around, but couldn't follow the rest of the file path.

I really appreciate all your help!

Tordne
June 3rd, 2011, 01:49 PM
For guidance with loading FlashScan drivers please see this knowledgebase article (http://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=9411-UHZV-3143).

Blacky
June 3rd, 2011, 01:59 PM
Probably my lack of skills, but I got as far as Run the program \Program Files\EFILive\Drivers. In the drivers folder there were only two folders, EFI Live and Roadrunner. I looked around, but couldn't follow the rest of the file path.

I really appreciate all your help!
Installing the V7.5 or V8 software should install the \Program Files\EFILive\Drivers\Utilities\ folder. See image.
Are you positive that folder is not present?
Note, if you're using Windows 64-bit you'll need to check in \Program Files (x86)\ instead of \Program Files\

Regards
Paul

Blacky
June 3rd, 2011, 02:01 PM
If you're using Vista or Windows 7 you should install EFILive in administrator mode.
That means right clicking on the installation file you downloaded from EFILive's web site and selecting "Run as Administrator".

Regards
Paul

chizwizdiz
June 3rd, 2011, 11:28 PM

Expand the "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" item (or the "Other Devices" item) EFI was under the "Other Devices", not "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" and double click on EFILive FlashScan V2.

Regards
Paul

I installed the old drivers as instructed, and it seems like everything is now working as it should. I tried opening V7.5 first without the V2 connected (success), then connecting the V2, messing around within V7.5 and closing out out and all was successful. I also did have to right click, run as administrator. Doing so displayed the needed folders.

I made a note in your driver installation instructions that I noticed for my application.

chizwizdiz
June 3rd, 2011, 11:36 PM
If you're using Vista or Windows 7 you should install EFILive in administrator mode.
That means right clicking on the installation file you downloaded from EFILive's web site and selecting "Run as Administrator".

Regards
Paul

Doing this displayed the folders that I couldn't see initially. Thanks!

chizwizdiz
June 4th, 2011, 07:04 AM
So I've re-installed my old box tune, then un-installed the box tune. Now when I try to read the truck it says, "script file not supported by current software version".

Any ideas?

Blacky
June 4th, 2011, 09:53 AM
So I've re-installed my old box tune, then un-installed the box tune. Now when I try to read the truck it says, "script file not supported by current software version".

Any ideas?

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?16485-Issues-on-the-first-day-with-efi-live...&p=146792#post146792
Read from post #25 onwards.

Regards
Paul

chizwizdiz
June 6th, 2011, 10:31 AM
It's me again, sorry I'm being such a pain!

I seem to be having a licensing problem now. V7.5>Help>FlashscanV2/AutoCal V2 Vin Licensing>Upgrade. The Cummins section is greyed out. I went to Flash my truck for the first time and went through the normal windows according to the how-to guide. I clicked License and got the error message displayed here. Any ideas?

Tordne
June 6th, 2011, 10:39 AM
The Cummins Section is greyed out now because you can't activate it again (you already own the Cummins option).

Before flashing check, in the V7 Tune Tool, that the B9999 Calibration ID on the details page says "OK To Flash". If that is OK then go ahead an try doing the flash in the V8 application.

chizwizdiz
June 6th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Roger that. I had to DL a stock tune from compd because I couldn't get the "ok to flash" (box tune wouldn't let go). I found the matching Cal (original-35325853AG, OS-11352409), and DL 35325853AK (11352602), now I'm getting a warning telling me that "Operating system mismatch between file: (11352602) and controller: (11352409)." There is a box to override it, should I override it?

Blacky
June 6th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Roger that. I had to DL a stock tune from compd because I couldn't get the "ok to flash" (box tune wouldn't let go). I found the matching Cal (original-35325853AG, OS-11352409), and DL 35325853AK (11352602), now I'm getting a warning telling me that "Operating system mismatch between file: (11352602) and controller: (11352409)." There is a box to override it, should I override it?

Yes, that's ok to override. We're just adding in the "ok to override" validations for various OS combinations now.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
June 6th, 2011, 11:16 AM
It's me again, sorry I'm being such a pain!

I seem to be having a licensing problem now. V7.5>Help>FlashscanV2/AutoCal V2 Vin Licensing>Upgrade. The Cummins section is greyed out. I went to Flash my truck for the first time and went through the normal windows according to the how-to guide. I clicked License and got the error message displayed here. Any ideas?

The dialog box in the image is displayed when the controller is in a partially programmed state or in a state where FlashScan cannot determine if it has been licensed or not. Rather than prevent you from flashing a controller when the license state cannot be determined, FlashScan will allow the controller to be flashed - even if it has not been licensed before. After it has been flashed successfully by FlashScan, the next time you attempt to flash it FlashScan will (should) be able to determine the license status. If FlashScan determines that it has not been licensed yet, you will be required to license the controller.

Regards
Paul

chizwizdiz
June 6th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Yes, that's ok to override. We're just adding in the "ok to override" validations for various OS combinations now.

Regards
Paul

Thanks Paul, I'm trying it now.

The dialog box in the image is displayed when the controller is in a partially programmed state or in a state where FlashScan cannot determine if it has been licensed or not. Rather than prevent you from flashing a controller when the license state cannot be determined, FlashScan will allow the controller to be flashed - even if it has not been licensed before. After it has been flashed successfully by FlashScan, the next time you attempt to flash it FlashScan will (should) be able to determine the license status. If FlashScan determines that it has not been licensed yet, you will be required to license the controller.

Regards
Paul

Got it, it makes sense.

chizwizdiz
June 6th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Thanks for all your help EFI Live, I was able to flash-change the VIN-save the tune with my VIN.

rage_blue
June 7th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Thanks I installed the old drivers and all works well, should have a cummins tuned by the end of the week.

IdahoRob
June 12th, 2011, 05:12 AM
This appears to have fixed my problem gentleman. Thank you,