PDA

View Full Version : Lower the CR and you should adjust...

eboggs_jkvl
January 2nd, 2006, 07:57 AM
What? I had the 10.1:1 in the LS1 and with this LS6, the CR is 9.0. Not being a major whiz on this I'll still toss out the idea that something needs to be reduced or raised to "tune the engine to the new CR.

Anyone got a guess or an answer as to what that "something" might be?

Elmer

bink
January 2nd, 2006, 02:54 PM
What? I had the 10.1:1 in the LS1 and with this LS6, the CR is 9.0. Not being a major whiz on this I'll still toss out the idea that something needs to be reduced or raised to "tune the engine to the new CR.

Anyone got a guess or an answer as to what that "something" might be?

Elmer

Volumetric Efficiency - you've more than likely changed cylinder volume and thus VE.

NA - lower static CR AND a resultant lower dynamic CR (i.e. same cam and valvetrain) should lower the VE also - I would think??

....................................Duh, after a little/small thought this is just another way of interpreting the effects of Volume. My bad.:bash:

Cheers,
joel

eboggs_jkvl
January 2nd, 2006, 03:24 PM
Don't beat yerself with the hammer! At least you gave it a whirl. I'm sure something need to account for the change but I sure as hell don't know what.

E:)

caver
January 2nd, 2006, 06:00 PM
You will more than likely need/benefit from more advance especially low down

eboggs_jkvl
January 3rd, 2006, 05:59 AM
I figure the easiest way to discuss this is to post it. So, I'd post my tun file but it's not a valid file type to attach. Why would that be? It's my tune. I've done the full tune from what I've learned on the internet.

Ok, I'll try plan "B".

My Tune (http://www.ls2.com/boggs/tune/122705base01ac.tun)

Now we can talk specifics.

Elmer

eboggs_jkvl
January 17th, 2006, 05:16 AM
Not much surge on an answer to this.

Do I then conclude that I should increase my VE as I went from 10:1 to 9:1 CR? If yes, would you hazard a guess as to the percentage of reduction? I'm guessing a 10% raise in the numbers. Also, does the {B0104} Cylinder Volume change from my current value of 43.2?

Elmer

eboggs_jkvl
January 17th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Please delete this thread.

Thanks,

Elmer