PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Full flashing for CMB controllers is not supported??????

mstordahl
June 4th, 2011, 06:29 PM
I am lost on this one, have checked all of the versions and hardware and all is good and up to date, so what the heck is causing this? I had no problem scanning my truck and modifying the file but when I select license in V8 for full flash it gives me this error every time. Help?

Blacky
June 4th, 2011, 07:09 PM
That message is controlled by the configuration data files in the folder: C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8\Identify

We are getting a few reports of the V8 installation not overwriting older configuration files with the new configuration.
Why that happens I don't know we are still investigating.

In the meantime try deleting the entire V8 install folder C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8 and then re-install the V8 software.
That will ensure that the latest of all the files are installed.

Regards
Paul

mstordahl
June 9th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Awesome, I deleted the v8 folder and then re installed it and all is good now. Thanks very much.

97singlecab
July 20th, 2011, 10:40 AM
I am having the same issue. I deleted the v8 file and re downloaded, but I am stilling getting this message.

Blacky
July 20th, 2011, 10:44 AM
I am having the same issue. I deleted the v8 file and re downloaded, but I am stilling getting this message.
Are you trying the "full-flash" option? Only the full-flash option is supported for Cummins, you can't use Cal-only flash.
Regards
Paul

97singlecab
July 20th, 2011, 04:00 PM
This was the issue. Thanks