PDA

View Full Version : need help registering efi...

kilo6490
June 6th, 2011, 08:25 PM
I installed the software, and when i open the tuning tool, it says its in "demo mode". So i click help, then register efi lie..., fill in the stuff, hit ok, but it still says its in "demo mode"... im confused....

Tordne
June 6th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Is you FlashScan a Scan Only? There was a bug where the software didn't recognize a Scan Only as a valid device. This was fixed in the latest update posted a couple of days back. Please also check you have the latest device firmware installed.

Otherwise please email me (support@efilive.com) with your device Serial Number and Auth Code and I'll verify the registration details for you.

kilo6490
June 6th, 2011, 10:03 PM
i dont believe it is. i just got it. it says "flashscan professional scan and tune tool" on the box. i ordered it from alligator performance over the phone, so i'd be able to tune my truck as im getting a new turbo injectors and everything, so i needed this to get everything dialed in. I dont think they would have just given me a scan only tool. lol Also, i just downloaded the newest update earlier tonight. What is the Auth code? all it says on my blue license registration card is serial number, license type, issue date and registration key...

joecar
June 7th, 2011, 04:45 AM
i dont believe it is. i just got it. it says "flashscan professional scan and tune tool" on the box. i ordered it from alligator performance over the phone, so i'd be able to tune my truck as im getting a new turbo injectors and everything, so i needed this to get everything dialed in. I dont think they would have just given me a scan only tool. lol Also, i just downloaded the newest update earlier tonight. What is the Auth code? all it says on my blue license registration card is serial number, license type, issue date and registration key...Did you enter these exactly into the Help->Register EFILive window...?

If your blue card does not mention your name, do not enter your name.

Pay close attention to the date, it is in non-US format.

Can you post a screenshot...?

bballer182
June 7th, 2011, 01:58 PM
The date is what get most people here in the states...

THUB
June 27th, 2011, 01:50 AM
I'm having a similar problem trying to switch to a new laptop. I put the serial number, date (in the weird format) and the key, but it won't exit demo mode.. Do I need to have the controller plugged in? It's with the truck which is not stored at home.

joecar
June 27th, 2011, 02:48 AM
I'm having a similar problem trying to switch to a new laptop. I put the serial number, date (in the weird format) and the key, but it won't exit demo mode.. Do I need to have the controller plugged in? It's with the truck which is not stored at home.Can you post a screenshot of the registration window...

THUB
June 27th, 2011, 02:56 AM
Is it ok to be posting my icense info? ( I don't really know how most of this registration stuff works.)

image edited by mod

joecar
June 27th, 2011, 03:14 AM
I attached an edited copy of your image (I blurred the license/serial number).

Is the issue date 29-Aug-2006 correct...?

THUB
June 27th, 2011, 03:22 AM
Thanks for watching ou for me lol.
I don't have the card right in front of me, but to the best of my knowledge, that's correct.
The programmer, truck, laptop etc actually belong to a friend of mine who goes by the name bowtiewarrior on this forum. I'm just trying to get his stuff working so we can tune his new setup while he's at work. ( If any of that matters)

joecar
June 27th, 2011, 03:25 AM
Can you get the blue card...?

Or can you get the file My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration\license.txt from a PC where the registration was correct...?

THUB
June 27th, 2011, 03:27 AM
I'll be able to later in the day.. I'll report back when I can. Thanks for the help so far.

Tordne
June 27th, 2011, 06:40 AM
If you're still having issues please email me (support@efilive.com) your FlashScan Serial Number and I can retrieve and verify the registration details for you.

THUB
June 27th, 2011, 04:37 PM
It turns out he has the commercial version, rather than the personal I assumed it was. Problem solved.