PDA

View Full Version : Public Release Update June 06, 2011

Blacky
June 8th, 2011, 09:54 AM
The EFILive V7.5 and V8 software is available for download.

This release includes the 5.9 Cummins Scanning and Tuning support.
Read more about the Cummins features here:
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?16479-2006-2007-5.9L-Tuning-Public-Release

Download here:
http://www.efilive.com/index.php?opt...=48&Itemid=133 (http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=133)

Auto Update:
The Auto Update option will be activated on Monday June 13 US time. Until then you need to download and install the software manually.
Once the Auto Update option is activated your system will see it as a new update and download and install it, regardless of whether you have downloaded and installed this release manually or not.

Known Issues:

Issue #1
Some PC's/laptops will freeze when attempting to start the V7.5 Tuning Tool software while FlashScan and/or AutoCal is connected. The problem appears to be an incompatibility between the newest USB drivers and some customer's PC/laptop configurations.
Please revert back to the older USB drivers. To do that, download the attached zip file, unzip it and run the EFILive_USBManager.exe program. To install the older USB drivers, click on the [Install USB V2.02.04] button.

Issue #2
There is a bug in the latest V8 software that prevents the BBX [Program] button from updating the *.obj and *.bix files from being correctly identified as needing to be updated. That means after the user has clicked on the [Program] button the *.obj and *.bix files will not have been updated to the latest version.
That will usually result in error $050B "Script file not supported by current firmware version".
The workaround is to have the user to select the "Program All Required Data" from the [Program] button's drop down list.

Reporting Issues:
If you discover any serious problems/faults, please create a support case here:
http://support.efilive.com/
If you discover simple/trivial issues, please make a note of them in this thread.

What's new in this update:

V7.5.7 Build 165 (June 08, 2011)

Fixed calculated PIDs expression compiler/evaluator not compiling or evaluating the iff() function correctly.
Command line switch "/l" now logs expression parser output (algebraic form) and compiler output (post fix form) to aid expression verification.
Installer now automatically updates the cal_summary.txt file with the latest Cummins calibration summary options.
Installer now forces overwriting of all non-user modifiable installation files.
Added new Cummins OS 11501001
Added VATS (vehicle anti-theft) disable for Cummins controllers.
Fixed "Access Violation" error when more than 128 BBx config files were selected to be programmed into FlashScan or AutoCal.
Fixed *.cax files not being loaded by the V7.5 tune software.

V8.2.1 Build 156 (June 08, 2011)

All *.htx trace files now log the currently installed USB driver and library versions.
EFILive Control Panel now displays the USB driver and library version numbers in the "About" screen.
Added option to automatically delete *.htx trace files older than a user defined number of days.
Disabled buttons and menus in BBx setup window while programming configuration files to FlashScan/AutoCal.

FlashScan/AutoCal Firmware V2.07.12 (Jun 06, 2011)

Added Cummins OS compatibility matrix to pre-flash validation checks.

Regards
Paul

Duramax 6.6L
June 8th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Nice update , Fixed a few problems I was working around.

Chalky
June 9th, 2011, 11:52 AM
System error: Code 1400. Seem to get the error window when closing out Scantool I believe.

Invalid window handler

Duramax 6.6L
June 9th, 2011, 11:58 AM
What are you doing when this error comes up?

Chalky
June 9th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Seem to see it after exiting scantool

Blacky
June 10th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Does it happen every time or only sometimes?
Regards
Paul

joecar
June 10th, 2011, 09:15 AM
If the cause of the problem can't be found, may I suggest an uninstall/reinstall...

jay p
June 10th, 2011, 09:44 AM
System error: Code 1400. Seem to get the error window when closing out Scantool I believe.

Invalid window handler

I get this same error using the tune tool. It's has never happened when flashing a controller. It's random and there is no single operation that causes it. I tried complete uninstall & reinstall and still get this randomly. The problem computer is a Compaq Presario CQ60 laptop running Win 7x64 Pro with 3 gb of memory. My Mac running XP (32 bit) via boot camp has never done this.

Jay

cumminsDK
June 10th, 2011, 05:12 PM
will more tables be available soon? need to be able to disable brake torque limiting!

cumminsDK
June 10th, 2011, 06:56 PM
Also pedal position to desired fuel tables don't seem to be sufficient for controlling throttle response...i am not complaining, but hope I am helping

Chuck CoW
June 13th, 2011, 11:44 PM
Yup.... After the last update, EFI LIVE would freeze when booted up....

Trying the ZIP file now.

Chuck CoW

UPDATE: USB utility worked! V7.5 boots up!

treyfox11
June 17th, 2011, 06:06 AM
i tried to download the 02 driver because mine is hanging up but as soon as i try it says error code 740 and will not do it help lol:shock:

joecar
June 17th, 2011, 06:43 AM
i tried to download the 02 driver because mine is hanging up but as soon as i try it says error code 740 and will not do it help lol:shock:Please post a screenshot of this.

treyfox11
June 17th, 2011, 09:27 AM
here is what i am getting

ScarabEpic22
June 17th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Doesnt look like you have admin rights to install/uninstall device drivers. Try right clicking the .exe file and click "Run as Administrator" and see if that works.

treyfox11
June 17th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Doesnt look like you have admin rights to install/uninstall device drivers. Try right clicking the .exe file and click "Run as Administrator" and see if that works.

Thanks i dont know how i did but i got it fixed

CC&M
June 20th, 2011, 02:23 AM
I just 7.5.7 build 165 in an attempt to get the .cax files to work again. Mine still won't load them, is there something additional that I need to do?

joecar
June 20th, 2011, 02:36 AM
I just 7.5.7 build 165 in an attempt to get the .cax files to work again. Mine still won't load them, is there something additional that I need to do?Is your cax file located in this fodler: C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations

Is the filename of your cax file the same as your OS id...?

CC&M
June 20th, 2011, 06:12 AM
Thank you joecar, that's where the problem was, I had them in the configuration folder.