PDA

View Full Version : 5.9 dashboard/ speedometer

Motorzane
June 12th, 2011, 02:56 AM
I hope that this issue is only due because it's new, but I cannot change the gauges on the dashboard. And since most of us use Smarty's that do speedometer recalibrating for larger tires and it only works if a tune is loaded on it. Does any one know when this option is going to be available through EFI?

skneeland
June 12th, 2011, 05:27 AM
I hope that this issue is only due because it's new, but I cannot change the gauges on the dashboard. And since most of us use Smarty's that do speedometer recalibrating for larger tires and it only works if a tune is loaded on it. Does any one know when this option is going to be available through EFI?

If you HAD another box program in the truck before EFI live that you corrected the speedo with, it SHOULD still be corrected even after "returning to stock".

Eventually they will get to this, and most likely the ability to turn off DTC and MIL as well

GMPX
June 12th, 2011, 11:26 AM
What you see isn't the final lot of tuning parameters you will ever see for the 5.9L, don't worry, all the questions you guys ask have already been asked in beta and will be added in coming updates. We had done some preliminary testing on the speedo adjustment calibrations but decided to remove them from the first release.

Motorzane
June 12th, 2011, 12:42 PM
That's great. The tuning capabilities of EFILive are very addictive. And I am having lots of fun