PDA

View Full Version : rear end change

ws6togo
January 2nd, 2006, 06:31 PM
I just changed my wimpy 3.23 gears to 3.73 to give the ol LS1 more "power on tap" :rockon: Does anyone know what settings in EFI scan and tune I need to change? I am guessing the speedo needs to be adjusted but do I need to do any other settings for the change. Oh yeah....I also have a 3000 stall speed TCI converter....should I make any changes there or just let the converter do its thing? Also will be taking off the EGR (going to LS6 intake so won't be needing that crap !!) and will be taking out the AIR also. Does anyone know what settings to disable the AIR. I found the one for EGR.

Thanks for the help,:thankyou2:

BowlingSS
January 3rd, 2006, 10:11 AM
To disable Air go here:
http://www.bowlingss.com/Removing%20Air_EGR_%20O2%20Codes_Using%20Ls1Edit.h tm
Just type the code in the search section.

I used LS1Edit a year or more ago but the DTC's are the same.

The gears I think should be under Spedo. See jpg.

As far as the TC. Did you have a shift kit installed? If not I had to make a few changes to the line presure but I had LS1Edit then and would have to do some looking to see what I changed.

Bill
:welcome:

eboggs_jkvl
January 3rd, 2006, 10:38 AM
I did an update to the www.ls2.com information.

http://www.ls2.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=300951#post300951

Enjoy,

Elmer

ws6togo
January 6th, 2006, 04:31 AM
To disable Air go here:
http://www.bowlingss.com/Removing%20Air_EGR_%20O2%20Codes_Using%20Ls1Edit.h tm
Just type the code in the search section.

It used LS1Edit a year or more ago but the DTC's are the same.

The gears I think should be under Spedo. See jpg.

As far as the TC. Did you have a shift kit installed? If not I had to make a few changes to the line presure are.

Bill
:welcome:

Have not made any changed for the TC. I dont have a shift kit installed. Can you give me some guidance to the changes you made in line pressure? Isn't it kinda hard on tranny if line pressure is to high or low?

BowlingSS
January 6th, 2006, 04:40 AM
Have not made any changed for the TC. I dont have a shift kit installed. Can you give me some guidance to the changes you made in line pressure? Isn't it kinda hard on tranny if line pressure is to high or low?

I had to make a few changes to the line presure but I had LS1Edit then and would have to do some looking to see what I changed. You do not want it tooo high. If you want I can send you my tune and then you could just do a compare for the changes.

Bill

ws6togo
January 6th, 2006, 01:04 PM
I had to make a few changes to the line presure but I had LS1Edit then and would have to do some looking to see what I changed. You do not want it tooo high. If you want I can send you my tune and then you could just do a compare for the changes.

Bill

That would be GREAT....Thanks !!:master:

BowlingSS
January 6th, 2006, 02:07 PM
I need your E-Mail address...

Bill
:cheers:

ws6togo
January 6th, 2006, 08:29 PM
dbarron16@comcast.net

BowlingSS
January 7th, 2006, 03:07 AM
dbarron16@comcast.net

Tune sent. Hope it helps. Every tune is different so what works for me might not work the way you like it. Every car is a little different. Just keep that in mine when copying parts of any tune. :cheers:

Bill

ws6togo
January 7th, 2006, 02:18 PM
:master: Thanks again for the tun file BowlingSS