PDA

View Full Version : Feature Request List

skneeland
June 13th, 2011, 12:47 PM
I would like to start a "to do" list request by users (please sticky if possible)

1 full list of DTC/MIL switching, including ability to disconnect wastegate controller, disconnect Intake grid heater

2 speedo calibration

3 enable High Idle by cruise control

4 disable/modify settings for transmission protect/shift defuel

5 enable fog lamp operation on high beam

just a start, but these are a few that come to mind at the moment

MQ105
June 13th, 2011, 01:38 PM
I think a few of these items are not affected by EFI. For instance, previously I set my high idle and fogs with a Starscan (whatever you call the gizmo at the dealer). I have now flashed an EFI tune and still have these functions. For now, anyway, you could change the settings that way until you can do it with EFI.
I made it a point to shoot the bull with a tech at the dealer and told him what I wanted to do. He said he'd never heard of it and didn't know if it was possible. (Imagine that.) I had the instructions from a forum, so I told him it was possible and I'd "show" him how, if he'd hook up the scan tool and spend 5 min. without charging me. He learned something, and I got what I wanted; we were both happy.

GMPX
June 13th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Great idea to start this thread, we did something similar in beta.
As MQ105 said, some things might not even be controlled by the ECM, such as the Fog Lamp thing (though people keep telling me it is). You'll probably find a lot of what you ask for is already in the works, but there's no harm putting it out here so everyone can read it so we don't get PM's about the same thing.
I may even start a fresh thread with a list on the first post that people can refer to.

Cheers,
Ross

skneeland
June 13th, 2011, 02:57 PM
I know firsthand that items 2 to 5 can all be set with various competitors tuners

MQ105
June 13th, 2011, 03:30 PM
I realize they can be set by some tuners. I am simply saying that if they are already enabled, flashing a tune with EFI won't necessarily wipe them out. I am also suggesting that they possibly can be enabled after an EFI tune is flashed, without affecting that tune.

GMPX
June 13th, 2011, 03:54 PM
New 'official' sticky thread now here.
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?16572-06-07-5.9L-Feature-Request-List