PDA

View Full Version : 06-07 5.9L Feature Request List

GMPX
June 13th, 2011, 04:54 PM
This is the official place to request features for the EFILive Cummins tuning.
Don't hold back, as crazy as something might sound, it's worth mentioning it, you never know. But don't be offended if the final answer is no.
As requests are posted this list will be grouped by status.

Currently in Beta, to be released with next public update:

Intake Heater removal without DTC.
Speedo adjustment.
Speed Limiter.

Request acknowledged, slotted for next Beta update:

Wastegate removal without DTC.
Transmission tuning.
Transmission shift torque reduction disable.

Noted, no firm time frame:

MIL / DTC disable list, GM style.
Enable 'High Idle' function via Cruise.
Switchable tuning (i.e DSP for Cummins).
Fog Lamp on with High Beam option. (Low priority, TIPM function, not ECM)
Removing the fan and viscous clutch without DTC's

Motorzane
June 13th, 2011, 05:26 PM
The fog light is controlled by the TIPM

rajkalkat
June 13th, 2011, 06:42 PM
tranny tuning maybe?

2007 5.9
June 14th, 2011, 12:39 AM
Ross...

Speed limiter...removal or modification please.

~Les

AFTERMATH DIESEL
June 14th, 2011, 01:26 AM
Ross...

Speed limiter...removal or modification please.

~Les

X2

Thank you

icemanjc1
June 14th, 2011, 04:17 AM
Shift defuel and trans tuning, that would make me happy. Glad it on the list.

polarischevy05
June 16th, 2011, 09:01 AM
would a turbo timer be possible

GMPX
June 16th, 2011, 10:07 AM
would a turbo timer be possible
No sorry, that would be a pretty major thing to try to write in to the operation of the ECM.

Motorzane
June 16th, 2011, 12:50 PM
When is the next public release?

GMPX
June 16th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Aiming for this weekend I think.

Edit: Might not make it for the weekend, we made a major change to the bi-di controls on our GM controllers, that probably won't be ready on time for a weekend release.

06redram
June 16th, 2011, 02:05 PM
How about setting key count back to original setting.

2007 5.9
June 16th, 2011, 03:40 PM
How about setting key count back to original setting.

Not to sound condescending...but are you sure they are reset??

I have flashes several times with EFI, and my key counts as read on my box tuner are still intact.

Did you happen to need a brand new stock file that was posted on CompD or tunedepot.com??

Wonder if that has something to do with it.

~Les

06redram
June 16th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Not to sound condescending...but are you sure they are reset??

I have flashes several times with EFI, and my key counts as read on my box tuner are still intact.

Did you happen to need a brand new stock file that was posted on CompD or tunedepot.com??

Wonder if that has something to do with it.

~Les

I sold my box tuner 3 months ago. I am not sure by flashing a tune with EFI zero out the key count. Has more EFI owner tried and check to see if there key changed?

GMPX
June 16th, 2011, 11:41 PM
Pardon my ignorance, but what is this key counter?

2007 5.9
June 17th, 2011, 12:46 AM
Pardon my ignorance, but what is this key counter?

Supposed to be a way for the dealership to see if the ECM has been tampered with. Most of the box tuners wipe this clean every time you write the ECM. Smarty was one of the only ones that did not mess with counts, so in theory the dealer couldnt tell that you had or have had a programmer.

BTW, its a counter that counts the number of key-on cycles.

~Les

GMPX
June 17th, 2011, 02:29 AM
Is it still relevant on a 5 year old truck as far as the dealer is concerned?
At a guess I would say EFILive will leave the counter in tact and not zero it.

2007 5.9
June 17th, 2011, 02:53 AM
Is it still relevant on a 5 year old truck as far as the dealer is concerned?
At a guess I would say EFILive will leave the counter in tact and not zero it.

I would say not too relevant for the 06-07 trucks, but the 08+ might.

~Les

GMPX
June 17th, 2011, 06:46 PM
As a policy we don't reset any thing like that, the LMM had flash tracking too, we decided not to release the ability to reset it.

DoghouseDiesel
June 17th, 2011, 07:58 PM
How about removing the fan and viscous clutch without throwing the 2 codes for those of us running electric fans?

TorqueDieselLLC
June 18th, 2011, 10:16 AM
before i pulled the JR off of my truck i read it and saved it then reset the truck to stock and got my stock file also then i wrote my own tune from scratch but i did run a side by side with the JR and stock tunes just to see what they done and basicly all i seen was the fuel to boost maps and throttle to fuel maps different the pulse width was the same as stock on the main injection......are their some tables that were not seeing that possibly the JR was changing?

cumminsDK
June 18th, 2011, 12:36 PM
DVT controls in the scan tool would be awesome!

06redram
June 19th, 2011, 12:47 AM
Supposed to be a way for the dealership to see if the ECM has been tampered with. Most of the box tuners wipe this clean every time you write the ECM. Smarty was one of the only ones that did not mess with counts, so in theory the dealer couldnt tell that you had or have had a programmer.

BTW, its a counter that counts the number of key-on cycles.

~Les

Thank u

GMPX
June 19th, 2011, 10:29 AM
DVT controls in the scan tool would be awesome!
That will depend on the capabilities of the ECM, GM has very good DVT controls written in to the ECM code, not sure on Cummins (yet).

06redram
June 19th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Record PID's to sd card though Blue V2. Also put anti theft option on Blue v2 hand held that has a no start though canbus plug connector where we will not need a laptop

FUBAR
June 21st, 2011, 01:31 AM
PID selection like the GM selection (select each individual PID instead of "groups.") And are the injector balance rates being ironed out? They're not reading correct. All of the stated speaking of the ScanTool.

Thanks,
Andrew

GMPX
June 21st, 2011, 10:10 AM
PID selection like the GM selection (select each individual PID instead of "groups.")
Can't be done, this is a limitation of the Cummins ECM, it's how they designed the scantool communications for that ECM. If anyone is familiar with the old ALDL data bus on 80's GM cars it uses the same principal of sending data. As users we have a limited choice in what data we want to log because the ECM will only send data back in predefined groups.
Unfortunately this means you probably need to compromise in your choice of data vs logging speeds.

And are the injector balance rates being ironed out? They're not reading correct.
Yes, fixed for the next release.

FUBAR
June 21st, 2011, 10:50 AM
Many thanks!

MQ105
June 27th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Sensor scaling for oil pressure, voltage, coolant temp would be nice. That would turn the dash gauges into useful tools instead of the ok/too late indicators they are now.

ScarabEpic22
June 27th, 2011, 05:31 PM
All dash guages are fully customizable, I dont know how the Cummins data is but if you get a data readout (like C or F for temp) in the scan tool data page F:9 then you can map a gauge to it by right clicking and creating a new gauge.

DoghouseDiesel
June 27th, 2011, 07:54 PM
He's refering to gauges on the real dash, not the virtual dash.

There are several gauges on the Dodge "real" dash that are simply over size idiot lights.

Take the oil pressure for example. It does not actually measure the trucks real oil pressure. The "sensor" is a nothing more than a Hobbs switch. As soon as it sees 5 psi of oil pressure, it closes the circuit and this turns out the idiot light.

From there, the ECM "calculates" oil pressure based on engine temp and RPM. 99% of the time it's not even close. On my real oil pressure gauge, I see 25 psi at idle and 75 psi under heavy throttle. The dash gauge is always at 40.

The voltmeter is correct, the fuel gauge can be scaled, the coolant temp is correct, and the oil pressure can't be scaled because it does not have an actual sensor.

GMPX
June 27th, 2011, 10:00 PM
the oil pressure can't be scaled because it does not have an actual sensor.
Yet, the earlier 2003-2004 ECM had a real sensor right?

DoghouseDiesel
June 27th, 2011, 10:21 PM

Not 100% positive.

If someone has an '03 or early '04 handy, shoot me the VIN and I can run the part number and see.

I can also use the engine serial number if you have that.

I know the 2nd Gen (94 - 02) had a real sensor, but not sure on the 3rd Gen pre-canbus trucks.

ScarabEpic22
June 28th, 2011, 03:06 AM
He's refering to gauges on the real dash, not the virtual dash.

There are several gauges on the Dodge "real" dash that are simply over size idiot lights.

Take the oil pressure for example. It does not actually measure the trucks real oil pressure. The "sensor" is a nothing more than a Hobbs switch. As soon as it sees 5 psi of oil pressure, it closes the circuit and this turns out the idiot light.

From there, the ECM "calculates" oil pressure based on engine temp and RPM. 99% of the time it's not even close. On my real oil pressure gauge, I see 25 psi at idle and 75 psi under heavy throttle. The dash gauge is always at 40.

The voltmeter is correct, the fuel gauge can be scaled, the coolant temp is correct, and the oil pressure can't be scaled because it does not have an actual sensor.

Ah gotcha, trying to use EFILive to make a virtual gauge out of just an on/off light on the physical dash. Sounds like you've got it squared away though!

Completely understand about the calculated oil pressure, in my trucks the I6 engine uses a calculated sensor and the dash gauge can barely move but oil pressure is changing big time while the 5.3L and 6.0L V8s have an actual sensor output so the guage is more responsive and accurate.

skneeland
June 28th, 2011, 04:31 AM

But, if the oil pressure input could be scaled, could we not swap out the sensor for an older type to turn it into a real gauge?

DoghouseDiesel
June 28th, 2011, 06:17 AM
But, if the oil pressure input could be scaled, could we not swap out the sensor for an older type to turn it into a real gauge?

Not if the only thing the ECM is looking for is an on / off signal.

If it's looking for something that's a 5V reference, then it could be scaled.

It's just a matter of what it's actually looking for.

GMPX
June 28th, 2011, 10:34 AM
On the 2006-2007 the Oil Pressure 'switch' comes in on C1 pin2. On the 2003-2004 the oil pressure 'sensor' comes in on C2 pin12 which is probably a real A/D converter input so it can measure 0-5V rather than on/off.

DoghouseDiesel
June 28th, 2011, 10:55 AM
On the 2006-2007 the Oil Pressure 'switch' comes in on C1 pin2. On the 2003-2004 the oil pressure 'sensor' comes in on C2 pin12 which is probably a real A/D converter input so it can measure 0-5V rather than on/off.

Then there'd be making it talk to the cluster so the gauge reads correctly and doesn't trip the MIL.

Seams like it would be easier to put a pressure sender in one of the ports on the filter head and just view it as an analog input.

MQ105
June 28th, 2011, 03:23 PM
I'm trying to figure out a way to read the voltage signal from the Isspro Performax processor with the V2. That would allow logging of any sensor already in use. It would be great to be able to log real boost 1 & 2, egt, FP, etc.

ScarabEpic22
June 29th, 2011, 03:02 AM
If the signal is an analog 0-5V signal, you can use one of the orange analog connectors and plug it into your V2. Then write a custom calc PID to convert the voltage into a useable value.

Sounds easy enough, but I dont know what values you'd need to use to make the proper calc PID for that setup.

AH64ID
July 1st, 2011, 05:31 AM
I apologize if any of these are repeats.

1) Adjust the temp at which the grid heater fires, and the duration
2) Adjust the temp at which the fan clutch engages, and level of engagement
3) Adjust the overhead mileage readout
4) Enable the B20 fuel filter option
5) Enable the "Fast Idle" option, and adjust the rpm range (i.e more than 1100-1500, like 1000-2500)
6) Adjust the fuel pump duration at key on

DoghouseDiesel
July 3rd, 2011, 05:17 AM
How about being able to run an injector kill test?

This is what we use to figure out a bad injector (i.e. a bunch of white smoke or an erratic idle that isn't FCA related).

Turn one injector off, turn it back on, turn the next off, etc.

06redram
July 3rd, 2011, 01:46 PM
How about being able to run an injector kill test?

This is what we use to figure out a bad injector (i.e. a bunch of white smoke or an erratic idle that isn't FCA related).

Turn one injector off, turn it back on, turn the next off, etc.

I second that!! Injector kill test

06redram
July 3rd, 2011, 01:50 PM
It would nice to be data long though V2 handheld to SD Card without laptop

DoghouseDiesel
July 3rd, 2011, 07:40 PM
This may sound menial, but is there any way to get the OBDII cable with a 90* connector to the OBDII port?

I know it may sound insignificant, but with the cable connected on the Dodges, the cable is directly between your legs and I notice myself hitting it every once in a while while logging.

If we could get one, even buy it separately, that came out from the OBDII port and went toward the passenger side, that would be the cats meow.

06redram
July 3rd, 2011, 10:30 PM
Dm you r so right I have a clutch almost broke it off. A 90 would be great. I would buy

GMPX
July 3rd, 2011, 11:57 PM
How about being able to run an injector kill test?.
Is this possible with the factory scantool?

It would nice to be data long though V2 handheld to SD Card without laptop
Coming at some stage.

This may sound menial, but is there any way to get the OBDII cable with a 90* connector to the OBDII port?
I can see how that would be a pain. We can ask our cable supplier if they have right angle connectors.
Someone might want to consider sending an Email to Multiplex Engineering, they do custom cables, all you would need is a R/A OBD-II plug to a OBD-II socket.
http://www.multiplex-engineering.com/cables.htm

Or you could move the OBD-II connector on the truck :hihi:

Cheers,
Ross

MQ105
July 4th, 2011, 01:07 AM
I have my eye on one of these:

http://www.obd2cables.com/products/cable-j1962m-right-angle-to-j1962f-6ft.html

http://www.doetone.com/En/OBDII-MALE-16PIN-90-Degree-TO-RJ45-477.html

DoghouseDiesel
July 4th, 2011, 01:36 AM
Is this possible with the factory scantool?

Cheers,
Ross

Yes it is. You can do it with both the StarScan and StarMobile.

With the vehicle running, you can pick any individual injector and shut it down.

The vehicle will stumble if the injector was working correctly.

If the vehicle was smoking, running rough, sputtering, etc., when you shut down the bad injector(s), the condition stops and you know which one is the problem.

It's really useful to isolate fuel delivery issues without having to remove and test each injector or cap off the port on the fuel rail.

I would imagine it would be possible in the bidirectional mode.

Motorzane
July 4th, 2011, 07:07 AM
It is also possible on Snap-On scan tools also

GMPX
July 4th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Ok thanks, just needed to make sure the ECM was capable of doing that test. We sometimes get asked on GM vehicles for specific bi-directional tests, but unless GM programmed the ECM to have the ability then it can't happen.

gneal02
July 4th, 2011, 02:34 PM
I would love to be able to turn the horn blowing when in reverse if door is open off, that crap scares the mess out of me everytime.

06redram
July 4th, 2011, 02:57 PM
I had the dealer do an injector cut test a year ago. They used that work through the OBDII PORT

GMPX
July 4th, 2011, 03:42 PM
I would love to be able to turn the horn blowing when in reverse if door is open off, that crap scares the mess out of me everytime.
I can't see how the ECM could control that, it must be the BCM (or whatever Dodge call the Body Control Module).

skneeland
July 5th, 2011, 12:46 AM

look in your owners manual. there is a way to turn that off i believe

DoghouseDiesel
July 5th, 2011, 02:48 AM
look in your owners manual. there is a way to turn that off i believe

Nope, can't turn that off.

That was a feature that was put into the non-readable portion of the ECM due to a lawsuit.

It was put in begining in the middle of the '06 model year. If your vehicle didn't have it originally, but you had it flashed afterwards, that was added.

Apparently, not putting the vehicle all the way in park and exiting the vehicle may cause it to roll away unexpectedly.......really? Go figure.

Kinda like putting "Caution: Contents are extremely hot!" on a cup of coffee.

Now, if someone has an OEM flash from the early '06 build that was NEVER updated, you may not have the reverse honk. If you've flashed your truck with the versions on CompD, you have flashed it with a version that has the honk.

Dmaxink
July 5th, 2011, 02:51 AM
And i can vouche for if you put a AUTOMATIC Operating System in a Manual tranny truck, the horn will honk if the door opens no matter what :-) lol...just throwing that out there!

skneeland
July 5th, 2011, 06:57 AM
Nope, can't turn that off.

That was a feature that was put into the non-readable portion of the ECM due to a lawsuit.

It was put in begining in the middle of the '06 model year. If your vehicle didn't have it originally, but you had it flashed afterwards, that was added.

Apparently, not putting the vehicle all the way in park and exiting the vehicle may cause it to roll away unexpectedly.......really? Go figure.

Kinda like putting "Caution: Contents are extremely hot!" on a cup of coffee.

Now, if someone has an OEM flash from the early '06 build that was NEVER updated, you may not have the reverse honk. If you've flashed your truck with the versions on CompD, you have flashed it with a version that has the honk.

maybe im thinking of the seatbelt alarm....something about clipping the belt and hitting the brake etc etc...

i dont have my 06 with me or i would look for it....

DoghouseDiesel
July 5th, 2011, 12:22 PM
And i can vouche for if you put a AUTOMATIC Operating System in a Manual tranny truck, the horn will honk if the door opens no matter what :-) lol...just throwing that out there!

You did that too, huh?

:-)

icemanjc1
July 6th, 2011, 12:46 PM
How's the next beta update coming along?

Truck Source
July 7th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Would be curious to know what is in the trans side of things as far as fueling limiter. Hitting a wall around 2800-3k rpms. Can pull more rpms by playing in the duration table, but just curious if there is a different way around this because at some point well start to sacrifice driveability.

GMPX
July 7th, 2011, 10:39 PM
How's the next beta update coming along?
It's not at the moment, I think I posted a week or so back Cummins is just on hold at the moment whilst we get the 2012 GM coverage done, and a couple of important updates on the GM side that have been waiting until the 5.9 was released. Then back in to Cummins, don't worry, you haven't been forgotten so soon.

mstordahl
July 9th, 2011, 09:38 AM
What about torque management controll?

FUBAR
July 17th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Track ScanTool data logs in TuneTool like GM.

Thanks,

2007 5.9
July 17th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Pilot quantity amount based on coolant temp...I know there is a multiplier but id like a amount mm3 based on coolant temp.

So I can adjust my pilot down as coolant temps come up..

Maybe a TPS voltage table...so we can adjust TPS sensativity...
~Les

ScarabEpic22
July 18th, 2011, 03:08 AM

Thanks,

Pretty sure this is built into the Scan and Tune tools, if it doesnt work try editing the cal_link.txt file under "C:\Program Files [(x86) if 64 bit OS]\EFILive\V7.5\Configuration".

DoghouseDiesel
July 18th, 2011, 03:59 AM
Torque converter lockup and force 4th gear for dyno tuning the automatics.

FUBAR
July 18th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Pretty sure this is built into the Scan and Tune tools, if it doesnt work try editing the cal_link.txt file under "C:\Program Files [(x86) if 64 bit OS]\EFILive\V7.5\Configuration".

Ok, found the cal_link.txt file, but how or what do I do to edit it to accomplish what I'm trying to do?

Thanks,

ScarabEpic22
July 19th, 2011, 03:07 AM
Ok, found the cal_link.txt file, but how or what do I do to edit it to accomplish what I'm trying to do?

Thanks,

Look at the existing entries, you need to link the Tune tool and Scan tool PIDs. So for a particular map you'll need to assign a data value, row PID, and column PID.

FUBAR
July 19th, 2011, 04:15 AM
Ok, so how do I link them? And what do I need to change in the pic. I couldn't find any of my Cummins material.

ScarabEpic22
July 19th, 2011, 06:00 AM
Well you have to start by putting the controller code in brackets like the existing entries, then take a table in the tune tool and make 2 entries for it. One will end in .col, the other in .row. Add the correct scan tool PID to the end of each .col/.row. Mimic the existing entries with your Cummins data.

GMPX
July 19th, 2011, 10:29 AM

Thanks,
With this, I had been holding off creating the link file until we decided on how we where going to best implement the scantool operation of the Cummins. The way the Cummins must be scanned is a little limiting (but don't blame us!)
In beta I had been working on an OS mod that allows super fast scanning of about 30 (useful) parameters, it works awesome, but this is looking like a major amount of work to apply to all the Cummins OS's, so it's been put on hold. The idea was once that was complete we would create the link file to match that rather than the factory selected set of PID's.
I think in the end I will make a link file to match the factory scan data because I know it's pretty painful without the linking.

06redram
July 19th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Thanks GMPX that will be a big plus to all

FUBAR
July 20th, 2011, 01:23 PM
It worked!!!! Thank you so much ScarabEpic22!!! Got it figured out now! Here's the proof in the pudding. Boy have I got my work cut out.

MQ105
July 20th, 2011, 03:10 PM
With this, I had been holding off creating the link file until we decided on how we where going to best implement the scantool operation of the Cummins. The way the Cummins must be scanned is a little limiting (but don't blame us!)
In beta I had been working on an OS mod that allows super fast scanning of about 30 (useful) parameters, it works awesome, but this is looking like a major amount of work to apply to all the Cummins OS's, so it's been put on hold. The idea was once that was complete we would create the link file to match that rather than the factory selected set of PID's.
I think in the end I will make a link file to match the factory scan data because I know it's pretty painful without the linking.

Can't everyone run on one OS? Pick one that doesn't have any problems and we'll all use it.

Motorzane
July 20th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Can't everyone run on one OS? Pick one that doesn't have any problems and we'll all use it.

I second that

06redram
July 20th, 2011, 04:11 PM
That could for all

GMPX
July 20th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Cummins isn't too bad, there is two of GM's gas ECM's (E38 & E67) that are used on all sorts of engines from 4cyl to V8's, cars to SUV's. Since 2006 when they first came out to present there has been over 100 Operating systems released by GM. It would be a luxury to tell everyone to use just one or two OS's but it's not really possible.

GMPX
July 20th, 2011, 04:24 PM
It worked!!!! Thank you so much ScarabEpic22!!! Got it figured out now! Here's the proof in the pudding. Boy have I got my work cut out.
Great work Fubar, if I recall correctly a lot of the late model GM gas cal_link data was done by one of our users as well.

FUBAR
July 20th, 2011, 11:16 PM
Thanks Ross. Would there be any concern of an issue when you guys include this feature in a new update that where I have edited the files already?

-Andrew

GMPX
July 20th, 2011, 11:47 PM
No that's fine and would be much appreciated, as long it was based off the latest version that was included in our last download.

ScarabEpic22
July 21st, 2011, 03:02 AM
Awesome Fubar! Great work, should make it a lot easier for everyone to log!

CIDRAUGHN
August 7th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Dont know if this has come up yet, but removing the intake air heater relay without throwing the associated codes, since it is useless without the intake air heater on board would be awesome.

AH64ID
August 9th, 2011, 01:30 PM
The ability to adjust the min/max speeds the cruise control works at would be great!

djsdiesel
August 12th, 2011, 05:30 PM

I've been trying to do this, can you post a screen shot of cal_link page after you added your links. I think I'm doing it right but I must not be

FUBAR
August 12th, 2011, 11:37 PM
I've already created the document needed to use the feature here: http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=16878

06redram
August 14th, 2011, 03:56 AM
I've already created the document needed to use the feature here: http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=16878

Fubar did a hell of a job getting this working for all! Big thanks to Fubar for your tech work

AH64ID
November 2nd, 2011, 03:41 AM
Question on dealer enabled options.

If you have certain options enabled by the dealer and then copy the stock tune, modify, and re-write will those options stay enabled?

Such as manual fast idle, door locks, B20 kit, etc?

mstordahl
November 2nd, 2011, 08:13 AM
Mine stayed.

DODGE74
November 2nd, 2011, 01:50 PM
I apologize if any of these are repeats.

1) Adjust the temp at which the grid heater fires, and the duration
2) Adjust the temp at which the fan clutch engages, and level of engagement
3) Adjust the overhead mileage readout
4) Enable the B20 fuel filter option
5) Enable the "Fast Idle" option, and adjust the rpm range (i.e more than 1100-1500, like 1000-2500)
6) Adjust the fuel pump duration at key on

This would be great if you could atleast enable the factory settings.

Since I flashed with a fresh os I lost my high idle function. I used this function alot while catching some shut eye from plowing snow.

Duramax 6.6L
November 3rd, 2011, 04:52 AM
Question on dealer enabled options.

If you have certain options enabled by the dealer and then copy the stock tune, modify, and re-write will those options stay enabled?

Such as manual fast idle, door locks, B20 kit, etc?

If I remember correctly, as long as you stay with your factory tune and modify it, you features should not change.

easymon
November 7th, 2011, 04:06 AM
Would be nice to adjust the factory high idle not talking about the pto idle up . Change out side temp and engine temp of when it kicks in these truck have set to low . thanks shannon

2007 5.9
November 7th, 2011, 04:30 AM
Would be nice to adjust the factory high idle not talking about the pto idle up . Change out side temp and engine temp of when it kicks in these truck have set to low . thanks shannon

I don't have the table number in front of me...but you can change idle vs temp already

easymon
November 7th, 2011, 04:42 AM
dont both the out side and engne temp need to be adjusted? like know it kicks in at about 30 deg like to change that. thanks shannon

Master Contractor
November 8th, 2011, 06:11 AM

I know it may sound insignificant, but with the cable connected on the Dodges, the cable is directly between your legs and I notice myself hitting it every once in a while while logging.

If we could get one, even buy it separately, that came out from the OBDII port and went toward the passenger side, that would be the cats meow.

I found it to be a bit in the way aswell so about 2 days into logging i reached under and disconected the OBDII from the metal cradle it was attached to. i then reconnected the cable to the OBDII port and ran it behind the dash to come up through my console (its clean and no cable to be seen) now im just looking for a good cradle to be able to put the V2 in (to look cleaner/less clutter) and my laptop sits on an airdesk i already had in use in my truck.

chance cobb
January 2nd, 2012, 05:44 PM
did the high idle get taking care off with the newest update ?

Motorzane
January 13th, 2012, 04:52 AM
Would it be possable to put a speedo calculator with the tuning tool to help the revs per mile like the Duramax have?

Dmaxink
January 15th, 2012, 08:09 AM
It seems as though the speedo is actually controlled by the ABS...which Efilive is currently not flashing any modules besides the ecm

2006Cummins
January 16th, 2012, 07:49 PM
Now that we have a timing calculator for main injection, how about a pilot timing calculator?

Mike

700kenny
January 25th, 2012, 12:40 PM
It would be nice to turn off the seatbelt light in the dash.

cmcz450
January 27th, 2012, 02:04 PM
I know these have been mentioned, but I would like a report on their status.
Change Tire size
High idle
Thanks!

cindy@efilive
January 28th, 2012, 11:06 AM
The current development list looks like:

In Progress

Speedo adjustment - Not consistent between trucks. Appears to work on some, not others.
MIL / DTC disable list, GM style

Removing the fan and viscous clutch without DTC's - Test Truck Required.
Sensor scaling for oil pressure, voltage, coolant temp
Adjust the temp at which the grid heater fires, and the duration
Adjust the temp at which the fan clutch engages, and level of engagement
Adjust the overhead mileage readout
Enable the B20 fuel filter option (Bio Fuel)
Adjust the fuel pump duration at key on
TPS voltage table...so we can adjust TPS sensativity.
TCC/OD Sol perf P1740 (torque converter clutch/overdrive solenoid performance) parameters.

Features Dependent on V8 Scan Tool Development

DVT controls (V8 Scan Tool feature)

Injector kill test (V8 Scan Tool only)
Torque converter lockup and force 4th gear for dyno tuning the automatics. (V8 Scan)

BBL
**Option enables; high idle, fog lights, wheel size. All non ECM functions; will be investigated for complexity when V8 infrastructure is finalised. **There is a possibility these will NEVER be supported.

More Information needed

Adjust the factory high idle not talking about the pto idle up . Change out side temp and engine temp of when it kicks in these truck have set to low; as posted here http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....l=1#post158667 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?16572-06-07-5-9L-Feature-Request-List&p=158667&viewfull=1#post158667)

Cheers
Cindy

FUBAR
January 28th, 2012, 04:28 PM
[/LIST]

More Information needed

[LIST]
Adjust the factory high idle not talking about the pto idle up . Change out side temp and engine temp of when it kicks in these truck have set to low;

More information needed from testers, or technical research on your end? Because I'd be willing to help all I can for the above issue.

Thanks,
-Andrew

cindy@efilive
January 30th, 2012, 01:48 AM
More information needed from testers, or technical research on your end? Because I'd be willing to help all I can for the above issue.

Thanks,
-Andrew

For starters we need to understand what the request is in more detail, and if it applies to specific trucks or all trucks/years.

Cheers
Cindy

BlackCPG
January 30th, 2012, 03:08 AM
For starters we need to understand what the request is in more detail, and if it applies to specific trucks or all trucks/years.

Cheers
Cindy

I have an 03, but I hope I can speak for the rest as well. If the ambient temps are below ~40* it will idle at 750rpm for a min, the idle up to 1000rpm.

It will idle up/down based on some input, and does not seem to be affected by coolant temp. It will shut off and idle back to 750rpm when the brake is depressed, or it senses vehicle speed.

At coolant temps below ~30* it will start and ramp right to 1000rpm, but after its warmed up the above will happen.

FUBAR
January 30th, 2012, 04:40 AM
Exactly what BlackCPG said. If I use all the tables in EFI to limit the truck not to idle above 750rpm, it still will to 1000rpm as stated above in certain conditions.

skneeland
January 30th, 2012, 06:17 AM
I have an 03, but I hope I can speak for the rest as well. If the ambient temps are below ~40* it will idle at 750rpm for a min, the idle up to 1000rpm.

It will idle up/down based on some input, and does not seem to be affected by coolant temp. It will shut off and idle back to 750rpm when the brake is depressed, or it senses vehicle speed.

At coolant temps below ~30* it will start and ramp right to 1000rpm, but after its warmed up the above will happen.

exactly. as we discussed in another thread, i suspect there is another variable in the idle control loop tables and im guessing its IAT

on a side note, i noticed there was no estimate given for turning on the manual/PTO high idle option, any info there?

cindy@efilive
January 30th, 2012, 10:55 AM

Exactly what BlackCPG said. If I use all the tables in EFI to limit the truck not to idle above 750rpm, it still will to 1000rpm as stated above in certain conditions.

Thank you both for the explaination. That makes more sense now. Ross will take a look and see where we can slot it.

i noticed there was no estimate given for turning on the manual/PTO high idle option, any info there?

As listed above

**Option enables; high idle, fog lights, wheel size. All non ECM functions; will be investigated for complexity when V8 infrastructure is finalised. **There is a possibility these will NEVER be supported.

While the term 'non ECM function' may not be a correct description for the high idle function, it's still in the right grouping.

Cheers
Cindy

cmcz450
April 12th, 2012, 03:03 PM
The current development list looks like:

In Progress

Speedo adjustment - Not consistent between trucks. Appears to work on some, not others.
MIL / DTC disable list, GM style

Removing the fan and viscous clutch without DTC's - Test Truck Required.
Sensor scaling for oil pressure, voltage, coolant temp
Adjust the temp at which the grid heater fires, and the duration
Adjust the temp at which the fan clutch engages, and level of engagement
Adjust the overhead mileage readout
Enable the B20 fuel filter option (Bio Fuel)
Adjust the fuel pump duration at key on
TPS voltage table...so we can adjust TPS sensativity.
TCC/OD Sol perf P1740 (torque converter clutch/overdrive solenoid performance) parameters.

Features Dependent on V8 Scan Tool Development

DVT controls (V8 Scan Tool feature)

Injector kill test (V8 Scan Tool only)
Torque converter lockup and force 4th gear for dyno tuning the automatics. (V8 Scan)

BBL

More Information needed

Adjust the factory high idle not talking about the pto idle up . Change out side temp and engine temp of when it kicks in these truck have set to low; as posted here http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....l=1#post158667 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?16572-06-07-5-9L-Feature-Request-List&p=158667&viewfull=1#post158667)

Cheers
Cindy

So since there has been considerable progress since January, are things like Wheel Size and high idle items that will be looked into after v8 scan tool Development AND completion of 10+ and 03-05. Tire size is one thing that I really would love to see over anything else(personal preference).

cmcz450
April 12th, 2012, 03:04 PM
I meant to ask as well, do you currently offer tire size adjustment for Chevy's? Thanks-Corey

dansdieselp
April 13th, 2012, 01:34 AM
Speedo calibrations are in the abs module and not the ECM in the Dodges.

2005Dodge
May 4th, 2012, 04:13 AM
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but the ability to adjust and turn off pre and post injection would be nice.

gneal02
May 4th, 2012, 04:17 AM
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but the ability to adjust and turn off pre and post injection would be nice.

That's been available since EFI started with the Cummins.

2005Dodge
May 4th, 2012, 04:23 AM
Thanks, I am new to EFI and have not had a chance to look at the features yet. When 2005 is avaliable I am eager to dive in.

DODGE74
May 4th, 2012, 04:39 AM
You can download the software now, download a stock Cummins file and start playing with the software and seeing how it works.

Then you will familiar with it when it comes out for you guys.

2005Dodge
May 4th, 2012, 04:58 AM
OK thanks

Wheelz
August 22nd, 2012, 05:27 AM
sorry if this was mentioned already, If it was I just missed it. I'm passing this along from cumminsforum

the ability to change what a/c psi the fan clutch engages and disengages. It would help out with troubleshooting the fan clutch a lot, and might make the a/c in the dodges work better

thanks
JT

Motorzane
August 23rd, 2012, 12:35 AM
sorry if this was mentioned already, If it was I just missed it. I'm passing this along from cumminsforum

the ability to change what a/c psi the fan clutch engages and disengages. It would help out with troubleshooting the fan clutch a lot, and might make the a/c in the dodges work better

thanks
JT

Just fan control in general would be great. I tow heavy and 215-220 deg are not what I like to see.

up@12
September 24th, 2012, 11:55 PM
How about a unit that I can plug into my nav deck and will dispaly my gauges on it and or switch level?

Cummins610
December 29th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Anything new on the with the High idle and cruise control? I really miss that feature.. It's odd with the Smarty anytime you load a file into a truck, and return that truck to stock, the high idle feature stays working, unless you flash it with a clean base tune.

MQ105
December 31st, 2012, 12:06 PM
For now you'll need a base tune with the high idle enabled, or use a Starscan (dealer) to enable it and save that as your base tune.

justinp
July 11th, 2013, 04:32 AM
please add

cruise control parameters

2007 5.9
July 11th, 2013, 04:45 AM
Such as?

justinp
July 11th, 2013, 06:04 AM
dead band amounts

amount of correction based on error amount

min max speed

etc

cindy@efilive
July 11th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Cruise isn't controlled by the ECM, and will not be considered.

Cheers
Cindy

easymon
July 17th, 2013, 03:48 AM
Don't think this will be a prob. when csp5 comes out for you could have 1 file or hard wire the pin for 6th file for you high idle. This was my plan there for it would not be a loaded high idle [ie] like it is now technically is a pto function.

justinp
July 19th, 2013, 03:50 AM
cummins ecu's have always controlled the cruise. if this is one the doesn't do you have any idea what module does?
thanks

justinp
May 8th, 2014, 07:36 AM
two things
can you add ability to select wether ecm listens to skim system
(another words ignore any security stuff. like if i don't want to use skim keys or use engine in an another application)
this would also solve the wrong vin used (oops) tow to dealer problem.
and be able to select (activate) one of the five tunes when (tow\haul) is activated
(that way we could set of a tune (especially trans stuff) automaticaly when (tow\haul) is active
thanks
justin

comnrailpwr
May 8th, 2014, 08:45 AM
Whats in csp is what you got. No further changes will be made to my knowledge. Isn't it just as easy to turn the knob when you press tow haul, its one more step.

justinp
May 8th, 2014, 10:11 AM
This would be an easy thing for you to add
I don't want to plug in programmer just to select a different shift schedule
would be a great feature for tune shops too
And ability to ignore all the vin checks and security crap would solve many problems

kyle027
August 26th, 2014, 04:35 AM
A desired boost table like the lml's have would be nice.

Dmaxink
August 26th, 2014, 07:54 AM
A desired boost table like the lml's have would be nice.

You have it. It's the waste gate duty cycles.

dansdieselp
November 19th, 2014, 12:15 PM
I'd like to see rail pressure modifier/limit tables for coolant temp. Regardless of what rail is set to above stock it won't reach that pressure until coolant temp rises. This would be helpful in cleaning up cold startups with big injector trucks.

kyle027
November 19th, 2014, 12:56 PM
You have it. It's the waste gate duty cycles.

Oh ok thanks. :doh2:

b00sted
October 27th, 2016, 01:24 PM
Okay, I'll dig this one up out of the grave . . .

How about adding the option to enable/disable the secondary WIF sensor? I've got a stock tune with and without it enabled . . . shouldn't be too difficult to diff the two and track down the bits :)

Mntman
October 27th, 2016, 03:58 PM
New to the forum haveing issues with 2007 5.9 cummins error code reads ecm pcm mismatch skim. The truck will crank until the batterys die but will not start without ether or the fuel soaked rag. Once running idles great "smooth". But appears to have no rev limit and while going down the road running starts to miss and cut out. Almost like its trying to shut down. Just bought this truck and was told it needed injectors. But my friend pluged into the truck and shut down the injectors one by one and all apear to be working. At this point just praying someone would possibly have a explanation or solution. Any help would be great im all ears thanks god bless

SASDakota
October 28th, 2016, 05:11 AM
New to the forum haveing issues with 2007 5.9 cummins error code reads ecm pcm mismatch skim. The truck will crank until the batterys die but will not start without ether or the fuel soaked rag. Once running idles great "smooth". But appears to have no rev limit and while going down the road running starts to miss and cut out. Almost like its trying to shut down. Just bought this truck and was told it needed injectors. But my friend pluged into the truck and shut down the injectors one by one and all apear to be working. At this point just praying someone would possibly have a explanation or solution. Any help would be great im all ears thanks god bless

This is absolutely the wrong thread to post your question in. And does not seem to be an efilive related issue at all. You would have better luck with starting your own thread either on efi forums or dodge/ram forums and posting exact P code(s).

amishmafia00
May 21st, 2017, 04:19 PM
I am just getting used to EFI live. One of the first things that struck me was seeing only four points on the tps% axis. I am used to 8 points for tps with other tuning I do. I feel like it would be good to have more points but i'm still really green on CR stuff

GMPX
May 21st, 2017, 05:02 PM
The table sizes (axis points) are determined by Cummins's code, not EFILive. They did address that in the 6.7L programs and expanded it to 10.
Four axis points seems pretty bad but remember the ECM interpolates between the two points, eg.
If 0% is 0mm3 and at 25% it is 10mm3, when the throttle is at 12.5% it will calculate 5mm3. It isn't as bad as it might appear.

amishmafia00
May 29th, 2017, 11:10 AM
Bummer, I know it interpolates but it still limits the kind of curve you can make.

Master_Chase
June 8th, 2017, 08:46 AM
The ability to rescale the coolant sensor, yes I know there's an extremely small portion of people who would benefit from this.

justinp
January 28th, 2021, 03:51 AM
Shift defuel:# 0 - Stock (On)# 1 - OffOften called erroneously “ torque management”, this function disables the stock software engine power de rate during automatic transmission shifts or boosted launch. Please note that the shift light indicator on the dash will also becomedisabled

this is from smarty.
they found it.
efi does have the boosted launch which is great but not the shift defuel.
please add this.