PDA

View Full Version : 06 ecm pin layout???

comnrailpwr
June 13th, 2011, 08:43 PM
Could someone please tell me the arrangement of pins on the 06 ecm I have pictured like the 03 ecm I have written the arrangement on. I know the arrangement is different than my 03 ecm pictured. From the picture on the service manual I cant tell if the picture is of the harness and looking at it from which side or the face of the ecm. The pictures distinguishing the locations of the pins for the 06 is not accurate. I'm re pinning my original 03 harness to run 06 as a standalone.http://tapatalk.com/mu/aefcdc3b-2c10-2bbe.jpg

GMPX
June 14th, 2011, 12:08 AM
The pin number layout is the same, but pin functionality may not be.
Example, on the 2004, C1-pin 4 & 5 are used for the CCD bus, for the 2006 these are the CAN connections.
I think if you searched over on CompD or Cummins Forum you would find the answer as far as the pin-out differences go.

comnrailpwr
June 14th, 2011, 06:08 AM
The pin number layout is the same, but pin functionality may not be.
Example, on the 2004, C1-pin 4 & 5 are used for the CCD bus, for the 2006 these are the CAN connections.
I think if you searched over on CompD or Cummins Forum you would find the answer as far as the pin-out differences go.

So pin 1 of c1&c2 on the 06 ecm is in the same spot as pin 1 of c1&c2 on the 03 ecm? If so thats great. Not many wires to move then. Even tho I already have every wire out of c1&c2. Once hooked to the 06 ecm doesn't the existing CCD bus connecting then become the can connection? Haven't traced those yet to see where they go. I figured obd2. I figure I would have to repin that or make my own..

Motorzane
June 15th, 2011, 01:55 PM
It's not just the wire harness, you will have to change out the injectors. The 03-04 injectors are different the 04.5-07. And also the ECM and PCM are separate. In 04.5 Cummings merged the 2 together.

AFTERMATH DIESEL
June 15th, 2011, 03:43 PM
It's not just the wire harness, you will have to change out the injectors. The 03-04 injectors are different the 04.5-07. And also the ECM and PCM are separate. In 04.5 Cummings merged the 2 together.

This depends on what numbers are on the tip of the injectors. If you have the early model injectors i.e. not purchased new in the past year. You will be able to switch out with different tips between 03/04 and 04.5/07. Bodys are the same.
If you have the newer injectors you will have to use newer stlye tips but the same applies.

First and foremost you need to see what piston design 03 or 06 you will be using.

I have plenty of tips for all variations so if your needing something let me know.

comnrailpwr
June 16th, 2011, 01:53 PM
This depends on what numbers are on the tip of the injectors. If you have the early model injectors i.e. not purchased new in the past year. You will be able to switch out with different tips between 03/04 and 04.5/07. Bodys are the same.
If you have the newer injectors you will have to use newer stlye tips but the same applies.

First and foremost you need to see what piston design 03 or 06 you will be using.

I have plenty of tips for all variations so if your needing something let me know.

the ecm doesnt care what injectors or pistons are used. the only thing that matters in any reguards is that the nozzle matches the pistons used. they cannot be mismatched.

2007 5.9
June 16th, 2011, 02:46 PM
the ecm doesnt care what injectors or pistons are used. the only thing that matters in any reguards is that the nozzle matches the pistons used. they cannot be mismatched.

Correct sir.

The injector bodies dont care as the ECM doesnt. The only thing that really matters is the spray angle of the injector tip needs to match the bowl design. Hole number really doesnt matter either...you can get 5,6,7,8 hole 124* for a 04.5+ and same for the 144* 03/04 motors.

~Les

AFTERMATH DIESEL
June 16th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Thats what I was trying to say sorry If I worded it incorrectly. Thats what I get for reading this stuff when I cant sleep on my phone.