PDA

View Full Version : Reading other programmers files??

Redline Motorsports
January 3rd, 2006, 04:32 AM
I currently have a aftermarket programmer in my Duramax. If that program is already flashed into the PCM, then why shouldn't I be able to read the PCM as if its stock? Being new to the diesel tuning I would like to see the differences between stock and what needs to be changed. The stuff looks Greek to me! :Eyecrazy:

Also should the XM radio and radio fuses be removed prior to PCM readings?

Howard

Wasted Income
January 3rd, 2006, 04:47 AM
Yes, you can read the Diablosport tune, and yes, I'd pull the radio fuses...

Max Power
January 3rd, 2006, 05:11 AM
No need to pull fuses unless you have aftermarket accessories that communicate on the data such as an aftermarket xm adapter. OEM is fine. You won't hurt anything on a read if it does error. It's nice to not have to pull the fuses because then you don't lose your time etc.

You can read tunes such as that but keep in mind they are copyrighted so it is likely illegal to do so.

Redline Motorsports
January 3rd, 2006, 05:21 AM
My dealer ended up forgeting to order my XM so I installed a factory GM unit after I got the truck. I assume this system does not draw off the same data line.

I think I am going to reflash to stock and save the file. Then I'll load up the different tunes and save each. This should add insight as to what parameters are relevant. My truck is currently on the 60 hp tune and the numbers it makes are in my sig.

Looks like I should just order a Level 5 tranny right now!

Max Power
January 3rd, 2006, 05:31 AM
If it is the GM XM you will be fine. We are having problems with the Soudgate, PIE, PAC units.

Wasted Income
January 3rd, 2006, 05:51 AM
You can read tunes such as that but keep in mind they are copyrighted so it is likely illegal to do so.

Well if HE OWNS the Predator, then there should not be a problem backing up and modifying the tunes for his OWN use.

Thoughts?:nixweiss:

Redline Motorsports
January 3rd, 2006, 05:54 AM
I adjusted my post to keep the air clear. Both have good points. Problem solved.

Howard

Max Power
January 3rd, 2006, 05:56 AM
Well if HE OWNS the Predator, then there should not be a problem backing up and modifying the tunes for his OWN use.

Thoughts?:nixweiss:

Maybe so, but why push the issue? We all know it can be done. If you choose to do it that is fine with me, let's not discuss it in public for the sake of the owners of the site. That's all I'm saying ;)

Wasted Income
January 3rd, 2006, 06:15 AM
Agreed. :cheers:

hdmax
January 9th, 2006, 12:43 AM
Maybe so, but why push the issue? We all know it can be done. If you choose to do it that is fine with me, let's not discuss it in public for the sake of the owners of the site. That's all I'm saying ;)
I am sure most of us have backed up our CD collection. As long as you have the original copy (IE: Predator in this case) The law is on your side. Once you give/sale a copy to someone that does not have the original copy. Then you get into copyright infringments.

I know you wanted to drop it, but I had to try and clear it up some.