PDA

View Full Version : Lean cruise patch help

schwoch1
June 17th, 2011, 09:49 AM
So, I admit it, I am not the smartest brick in the bunch....
Can someone give me a hand in getting the lean cruise patch attached to my 12212156 OS????? I have tried and tried, and for some reason, I just don't think it is right!!! Seems that the installation of this patch is shrouded in some sort of secrecy!!!:shock:
Any help is appreciated!!!

Mike

schwoch1
June 17th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Never mind, figured it out.....
Really wasnt that hard once I figured it out!!!

Mike

ScarabEpic22
June 17th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Got the .cax downloaded, put in the right directory, then enabled it in the tune? Full flash and you're set! :D

schwoch1
June 17th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Got the .cax downloaded, put in the right directory, then enabled it in the tune? Full flash and you're set! :D

Just like you said, but with about two hours of frustration in between..... and to think I thought I was pretty handy with computers...........
Heck, I was even able to figure out how to apply it to COS 0202003!!!! I was pretty proud of myself!!!

Mike

ScarabEpic22
June 17th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Just like you said, but with about two hours of frustration in between..... and to think I thought I was pretty handy with computers...........
Heck, I was even able to figure out how to apply it to COS 0202003!!!! I was pretty proud of myself!!!

Mike

Dont feel too bad Mike, I looked at how to do the lean cruise .cax stuff about 2 months ago on an 02 5.3L Burb so Ive already spent my hours looking at it!

joecar
June 18th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Look at it this way: you spent quality time with your car :cheers:

schwoch1
June 18th, 2011, 10:36 AM
Look at it this way: you spent quality time with your car :cheers:

I wish that were the case, but I spent quality time with my work PC running Windows Vista, which reminds me, I hate vista!!!!

Mike

joecar
June 18th, 2011, 11:14 AM
The PC is a tool that you're using to work on your car. :)

Yeah, I looked at Vista and it scared me off, I stayed with WinXP, and maybe one day I'll upgrade to Win7.

Chevy366
June 19th, 2011, 04:30 AM
Maybe some day we can finally persuade Paul and Ross to do a Linux version . :-)

GMPX
June 19th, 2011, 10:32 AM
You'll have to talk to Paul about that. On my laptop I run Win7 and Ubuntu 11, so I'm all set for testing.

ScarabEpic22
June 19th, 2011, 06:32 PM
I wish that were the case, but I spent quality time with my work PC running Windows Vista, which reminds me, I hate vista!!!!

Mike

Vista isnt as bad as everyone claims it is, when it first came out it was a little buggy plus the hardware simply couldnt support the much more demanding system requirements. After SP1 came out, its pretty dang stable and Ive actually had Vista BSOD less on me than XP in the same number of years! W7 is like Vista SP2-3 plus lighter system requirements and a few other really useful features (for my work, everyone loves the little Snipping Tool [yes I know there are free versions, but its built in and easy to use] and Im a fan of Aero Snap).

Since its a work PC, might be SOL upgrading it yourself to W7 but if you can, Id recommend it.

The PC is a tool that you're using to work on your car. :)

Yeah, I looked at Vista and it scared me off, I stayed with WinXP, and maybe one day I'll upgrade to Win7.

Win XP is good, but without an x86-64 version you cant take advantage of the processors released since basically 2003 (AMD Athlon 64) and 2005-6 (Intel late P4s and then Core 2s). Or more than 3.5gb RAM, not a big deal for some but if you have 2 VMs open its really nice to give each of them 2GB of RAM and 2 cores (yay hexacores and hyperthreaded quad cores lol). :D Plus being able to multitask like no other is handy, have tons of stuff open in Office, Chrome, VLC, etc and no lag.