PDA

View Full Version : ABS/BRAKE light still come on

LIL DAVE
June 20th, 2011, 12:00 AM
Ok fellas I had my speedo recalibrated over the weekend becaused i have 36" tall tires and the speedo is on the money accordring the my gps.....but the dam ABS/BRAKE light still comes on......wft gives

BTW my truck is an 2008 GMC 3500 6.6DMAX 4wd sle my tires size is 255/70/22.5 if that info helps any

SSpdDmon
June 20th, 2011, 01:51 AM
Bad wheel speed sensor? What DTCs are being thrown??

joecar
June 20th, 2011, 02:08 AM
The ABS controller is unhappy about the tire size... the ABS controller needs to be reprogrammed for the tire size, EFILive can't do this, GM dealer can.

LIL DAVE
June 20th, 2011, 03:52 AM
The ABS controller is unhappy about the tire size... the ABS controller needs to be reprogrammed for the tire size, EFILive can't do this, GM dealer can.

ONE more thing my truck is tuned with efi from a friend of mine and he had to purchase a license I guess to unlock something because i had my truck tuned by somebody previously who didn't know he was doing, will the GM tech screw up my tunning because i have the dpf delete,egr delete,timing adjusted and so on...or will he just access the abs system and nothing else

Dave

joecar
June 20th, 2011, 04:41 AM
GM may reflash your ECM back to stock.

minytrker
June 20th, 2011, 04:49 AM

Good luck finding a dealer who knows how to do this. I used to correct speedometers for several dealers and I was amazed at there lack of knowledge on using a tech II.

joecar
June 20th, 2011, 07:05 AM
I was assuming they attended their training. :doh2:

mpdtune
June 7th, 2014, 03:50 AM
Set tire size to 35". speedo will be off but no ABS light. A tech II can reprogram the ABS module, no reflash required. The module needs to be configured for 33" tires (max size in ABS). this will allow it to deal with the tire size in EFILive being set over 35"