PDA

View Full Version : Auto ve for e39

redonetoo
June 20th, 2011, 09:59 AM
I just carried my Terrain in to have a calibration update at the dealer. Now since I submitted the os to customer support I can now read VE when I couldn't before. Does auto VE work with this OS. If so can some one tell me how? This car is running rich.

ScarabEpic22
June 20th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Look up in the E38 section Auto VVE, no new GM ECM since 05 (after E40s) has a true VE table just VE coefficients. The Virtual VE table needs to be edited in order to dial fueling in.

redonetoo
June 20th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Can you elaborate? I am new to this whole thing. I know that I need to log some data before I can do anything but I am trying to understand this all before I do anything. I know what VE stands for and means. But Isn't there a way to adjust the ecm so it has a tighter grip on the fuel mixture?

GMPX
June 20th, 2011, 10:53 AM
On an E39 if you are still running the MAF, stock exhaust etc there is no need to mess with the VE coefficients, the ECM will get the mixtures spot on to it's target, GM has already spent years getting these calibrations 'dialed in'. If you are running rich then the dealer needs to get that sorted for you. The question is how do you know it's running rich? You would need to put a Wideband O2 sensor in the exhaust to determine this. If it's just because it's using too much fuel than expected then that does not necessarily mean it's running rich.

redonetoo
June 20th, 2011, 09:15 PM
The problem with dealerships is if there is no check engine light then they say there is no problem. I haven.t seen too many gas burning engines soot up the back of the vehicle when running right. If you watch the oxygen sensor the voltage is running rich most of the time. And the oxygen sensors on these new vehicles are wide band sensors Aren't they?