PDA

View Full Version : B2911 & VIN Lic.

FUBAR
June 20th, 2011, 11:17 AM
I have flashed my Cummins truck just fine. Went to flash my friend's Cummins and it flashed just fine too. Although it showed this DTC code: B2911 Module ($11) "Engine controller"

It was persistent and would not clear. An interesting thing happened, or DID NOT happen I should say. It did not use up my second Cummins VIN license on my FlashScan V2. It shows mine, but the other spot is still available. The truck had never been read or flashed with EFILive before either.

Any thoughts of what the code means on a Cummins and if this had anything to do with not using up my second Cummins VIN license on my FlashScan V2. And could this hinder my friend's Cummins truck when he goes to purchase his own FlashScan and Cummins license and tunes his truck? I talked to a well respected tuner over here in the US, and says it might just be a flub with the license thing, but I didn't ask him about the Code.

Thanks,
Andrew

FUBAR
June 20th, 2011, 11:27 AM
***EDIT***

I just went through my Data Logs that I have on MY truck and not my friend's...and it too shows this DTC B2911. Just adding as much info as I can.

FUBAR
June 20th, 2011, 01:38 PM
Also I just realized that when I Full Flashed my friend's Cummins (2nd Vin) that I don't remember licensing the Controller to the FlashScan. I just loaded the tune and clicked "Go" and as stated, the truck took it fine.

How was I able to download a different Cummins that had not ever been previously licensed or messed with EFILive for that matter, nor I never had messed with it before, and was able to read, tune, and flash his truck without licensing the controller to my FlashScan?

Sounds like to me a loop hole that's gonna get corrected very quickly in the next update if that's the case. Speaking of flashing and tuning without needing VIN licensing. Guess I got the infinite EFILive version..lol