PDA

View Full Version : Lost V2

adeso
June 21st, 2011, 01:20 PM
So I managed to lose my V2, I only used one license on it, do I need to buy another one for tuning or can I get a scan only and use my tuning license from my old one? I had the standard V2 hooked up to my laptop for my dmax, Thanks guys

Tordne
June 21st, 2011, 01:48 PM
Doh!! You will need to get another FlashScan V2 with GM Tuning Option product. VIN licenses are tied to the device and are non-transferable.

adeso
June 21st, 2011, 01:59 PM
Damn that sucks, I think thats the most money I have ever thrown away I was really hoping it that I could get a scan tool and just upgrade it with my old paperwork

Tordne
June 21st, 2011, 02:01 PM
Insurance?

adeso
June 21st, 2011, 02:04 PM
Don’t think I can claim something I dropped out of my truck?? besides I have a 1K deductible.

adeso
June 21st, 2011, 02:05 PM
Looks like I'm out of a handful of cash

adeso
June 21st, 2011, 02:15 PM
How does the upgrade from V2 scan only to V2 scan/tune work? From what I understand you buy the V2 scan then just buy a license right? I wonder if I could convince someone down there to let me upgrade a scan V2 with my old license.

Tordne
June 21st, 2011, 08:40 PM
Sorry no. A Scan Only product does not have tune capability and therefore licenses are not applicable. To tune you need to have a tune level product. I'm just going to send you an email in a few minutes...

joecar
June 22nd, 2011, 01:48 AM
adeso, can you retrace your steps to see if you can find it...?

Highlander
September 26th, 2011, 03:33 PM
are streams transferable?

Tordne
September 26th, 2011, 04:11 PM
are streams transferable?

No. If you have a damaged FlashScan V2 (or stolen perhaps) and have more than the two included VIN licenses and/or Stream licenses you are best to take advantage of the License Recovery Service. This involves the purchase (only available from EFILive Direct) a FlashScan V2 Scan Only product (US$499 at time of this post) and the License Recovery Service (US$99 at time of this post). We then get your backup file and build the new device with existing licensing maintained.

Highlander
September 26th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Well.. i was mainly inquiring for, if someone had a stream on their v2, if I could send them to efilive and have all the eggs in one basket!

Tordne
September 26th, 2011, 08:57 PM
Well.. i was mainly inquiring for, if someone had a stream on their v2, if I could send them to efilive and have all the eggs in one basket!

Sorry, not sure what you're meaning?

Taz
September 27th, 2011, 02:14 AM
Don’t think I can claim something I dropped out of my truck?? besides I have a 1K deductible.

So if I understand the situation ... your V2 was dropped from your vehicle (or somehow fell out) ... was lost or damaged ... and you are asking EFILive to assist with cost of replacement ??

That's a bit like driving your vehicle into a tree, then asking GM to supplement the cost of repairs.

Regards,
Taz

Dmaxink
September 27th, 2011, 02:51 AM
Taz, my gas pedal got stuck and i had NOOO way of stopping the vehicle, GM OWES ME! lol... jjk..i tried not to OT, but couldnt resist!

Carry on :cucumber:

DURAtotheMAX
April 3rd, 2012, 09:21 AM
No. If you have a damaged FlashScan V2 (or stolen perhaps) and have more than the two included VIN licenses and/or Stream licenses you are best to take advantage of the License Recovery Service. This involves the purchase (only available from EFILive Direct) a FlashScan V2 Scan Only product (US$499 at time of this post) and the License Recovery Service (US$99 at time of this post). We then get your backup file and build the new device with existing licensing maintained.

Im a bit confused at how the License Recovery Service works... Do we have to "register" with you first, so you guys can keep on record what we have into our V2's?

Im wondering because I have more money into my V2 than the majority of personal users do (tons of individual licenses, as well as Duramax stream licenses) so I would probably have a meltdown if my V2 ever got lost/damaged. I just want to make sure im covered...I can deal with spending a couple hundred bucks on a new V2, but to replace my individual licenses and my stream-licenses would break the bank!

Ben

Tordne
April 3rd, 2012, 09:46 AM
Basically you purchase the Scan Only product and the License Recovery Service. On your system is a backup of all the licenses on your FlashScan device. If you come to needing to use this option we get that file from you and build a new FlashScan V2 at EFILive with all the VIN and Streams from your failed device. Basically when you get the new device aside from being clean and new it will have everything you had on the original preserved.

Because the device needs to be custom built/provisioned this is ony available from EFILive in New Zealand directly.

Tordne
April 3rd, 2012, 12:40 PM
That's right. There are check and balances to avoid abuse of the service. Also worth noting is that the original device must be sent to EFILive before the replacement device is shipped.

L31Sleeper
June 1st, 2012, 12:56 PM
New Zealand, Can't I just drive it down to Ira ?

LOL

-Justin

cindy@efilive
June 1st, 2012, 01:16 PM
Ira and Fish Tuning are no longer associated with EFILive. Simply put, we terminated our arrangements with them.

They no longer ship our products.
They are no longer an authorised point for repairs or warranty on our products.
They no longer manage our authorised resellers network.
They no longer sell any of our products in an authorised capacity.

The license recovery service is ONLY available directly from EFILive.

Cheers
Cindy

L31Sleeper
June 1st, 2012, 05:00 PM
WOW, They still sell AutoCals, but I guess there isn't anything stopping anyone from doing that.

-Jusitn

tokymon
June 2nd, 2012, 02:57 PM
They might be just selling there remaining stock don't know for sure
Just puting it out there

TDFDiesel
July 6th, 2012, 05:10 PM
I'm apparently a little slow, but just to make sure I understand.

The $99 cost is paid at the time you order a new v2 or do I pay that now to protect my interest? If I purchase it today, can I update the VIN licenses as I purchase more licenses?

Like Ben said, I want to make sure I don't lose my VIN licenses if I had an issue and would be willing to pay $99 today if that provides some sort of insurance.

cindy@efilive
July 7th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Should your V2 be rendered unusable, your V2 needs to be sent to New Zealand, you need to purchase a new scan tool along with the License recovery service to reconstruct your investment. You do not need to do anything ahead of time.

Should your V2 be stolen or misplaced this service is not available. It is only available in instances where the original V2 can be shipped back to us. In all other cases, you will need to ensure your insurance cover is adequate.

Cheers
Cindy

TDFDiesel
July 9th, 2012, 09:26 PM
Should your V2 be rendered unusable, your V2 needs to be sent to New Zealand, you need to purchase a new scan tool along with the License recovery service to reconstruct your investment. You do not need to do anything ahead of time.

Should your V2 be stolen or misplaced this service is not available. It is only available in instances where the original V2 can be shipped back to us. In all other cases, you will need to ensure your insurance cover is adequate.

Cheers
Cindy

You should consider a stolen v2 insurance option, I know I would pay if it was reasonable.

cindy@efilive
July 9th, 2012, 11:10 PM
You should consider a stolen v2 insurance option, I know I would pay if it was reasonable.

EFILive specializes in developing software. We are not experts in insurance underwriting and policy making. That task is best suited to a professional insurance firm.

For workshops, FlashScan and AutoCal is just like any other piece of equipment in their workshop - tools, dyno, stock on hand etc. It is the responsibility of the business owner to make decisions around insurance.

The concept of EFILive offering insurance for a consumer is like Sony offering insurance on the new television set you purchased for your home.

Cheers
Cindy