PDA

View Full Version : Lost V2 License

Rhino79
June 22nd, 2011, 07:23 AM
I ordered a license a week ago or so. Last night, I read the t43 and e38 modules, changed some cals and reflashed the t43, licensed it. All went well there. Went to flash the e38, no licenses availabile......my license info shows I have plenty of open transmission slots, but not engine slots availabile. I sent an email to support and it appears that the flashscan mistook the tcm for an ecm, now I can't do the ecm without another license. Anyone heard of this? I am not trying to rant but at the same time I don't feel I should have to buy another license to finish the vehicle. Or is it common to need two licenses to do a vehicle? I know I didn't on my 09 with the e38 and t42.

joecar
June 22nd, 2011, 08:35 AM
Rhino,

You only need one license to flash one ECM and one TCM.

I pm'd Tech Support.

Tordne
June 22nd, 2011, 08:40 AM
Already underway via email :)

Rhino79
June 22nd, 2011, 10:16 AM
Joe, andrew, thanks guys. Sorry if I seem a lil pissy, lol. I will get you those screenshots and backup licensing info tonight. I am away from internet connection with my pc and I had to go ahead and order a license to wrap this one up. I will definetly get the info passed along though. Thanks for your help!

Rhino79
June 22nd, 2011, 02:43 PM
Well, time to eat crow.....it was my mistake. And this was my reply to Andrew, who was very helpful by the way. I went ahead and sent my backup in and the ecm/tcm serials from the info section, totally my mistake.

Heres what I have Andrew, I got the truck finished up today. When I bought the license last week, I must not have added it in......i feel like an idiot. So when I did the tcm, it used an availabile slot. Then I didn't have an open ecm slot. So when I had my wife order the license today, i went to add it as license 71....it wouldn't add, then i noticed it was actually #72, so when I added it, it gave me 2 availabile. I'm sorry to have had you on a wild goose chase over my mistake.

Thanks,
Ryan

Tordne
June 22nd, 2011, 02:47 PM
Hi Ryan,

HAHA. That's not the first (or last) time that will have happened :). Thanks very much for being open about it. I got your email a few minutes ago and was just about to start having a look at it for you. As you'll probably know from past experience we have no issue fronting up with replacement licenses, but do like to see some substantiated evidence :). Glad it's all sorted now.

Cheers,