PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Camaro OL Idle

Spindoctor
June 22nd, 2011, 09:59 AM
I just finished tuning a 2011 Whipple super charged 'blower' cam'd Camaro.
I am happy with how it turned out accept for the idle.
It is nice and smooth no stalling\hunting but it is a bit lean for the cam at 14.6:1.
When I have the car running in hot start CL delay (60 sec) it is at 13.9:1 and is smooth.
I have my B1103 and B1104 settings set to 0.10. This does not get me OL at idle.
Should I set these to 0.0?
My B0143 open loop normal commanded fuel table is set to .93.
The car is not here at the moment but will be back for a pulley 'reduction'.
Is there another setting I may be missing to get a hot OL idle?

Also the red line is stuck at 6600 although I have set my B5209 to 7250
and the B5210 to 7200. My rev limit by gear(s) have been set to 7200 also.
I am guessing there is another setting I missed some where.

Thanks in advance- TIm H

ScarabEpic22
June 22nd, 2011, 04:26 PM
Do you actually know if its lean or if its just reporting lean? Big cams with lots of overlap can have that affect on WBO2 readings at idle even if it is actually running at the right EQ/AFR.

I still need to get across the lake and visit your shop one of these days, Im going to need a few hours of dyno time to dial my E67 TBSS in in a few weeks plus Id like to dyno my 02 TB as well. Heck lets throw my brothers Jetta on there too haha.

Spindoctor
June 23rd, 2011, 02:31 AM
In CL its not lean it is correct at 14.6:1 and no LTFT corrections.
The cam over lap dynamics at idle demand a fuel ratio closer to 13.0:1 for a more homogeneous mix and a better burn\smoother idle.
It idles nice during the CL delay then it gets a little crackly in CL 14.6:1
The customer is fine with it but I would like to make it better.

As far as your collection of cars- Bring em on!

ScarabEpic22
June 23rd, 2011, 05:19 AM
Ha will do, Ill PM you when I have a better idea of what dates would work.

Ah misunderstood your original post, it idles just fine in OL but you cant get it to stay in in OL at idle. Not so good with idle behavior but I would like to know what anyone else has for ideas and the solution when you find one!

Spindoctor
June 23rd, 2011, 07:01 AM
Just to be clear-
OL hot Idles good at 13.9:1 as per my setting in the B0143 OL table.
CL hot Idles rough(ish) at 14.6:1 (cam over lap)- not bad just annoying.
I want to have a permanent OL Idle when hot to achieve a smooth 13.9:1 Idle.
My B1501 OL delay allows me to have a good idle for a short time but eventually times out.

slows10
June 23rd, 2011, 09:03 AM
In the Ls1 pcm there are workaround ways to get it to idle at 13.9 in CL. You might be able to do it in the E38 Ecm as well,
i just dont know that ecm well enough.

ScarabEpic22
June 23rd, 2011, 10:34 AM
Tim, I updated my previous post so its clearer whats going on. I had it straight, confused myself, then got it straight again ha.

Hmm, looking at the table descriptions your initial changes are on the correct path but Im not seeing how else to force it into OL at idle. Wonder what happens if you take B1103 and B1104 and increase them instead of decreasing them. Or increase one and decrease the other and vice versa. Sometimes tables dont do exactly what they say, if you have a few minutes it might be worth it to whip up a few tunes with different values in there then flash each one in to see if it makes a difference.

Is there any way you could play with the spark timing to let it idle ok at 14.6:1 in CL?