PDA

View Full Version : Error $050b

minytrker
June 23rd, 2011, 11:18 AM
I am trying to test an Autocal before sending it to a customer and I keep keeping that error. I have every updated to the newest firmware and boot loader as far as I know.

Taz
June 23rd, 2011, 11:29 AM
$050b error indicates the script file is not supported by the current firmware version. I don't have an AutoCal ... but if it responds to Bootblock / Firmware updates similarly to the V2 ... after some updates you need to reprogram certain features in the device ... often the "Option.txt" file in the V2. Also, confirm you have updated V7.5 and V8 to the latest versions - so that these are compatible with the AutoCal update.

Hopefully this at least points you in the right direction ... no direct experience with an AutoCal.

Regards,
Taz

joecar
June 23rd, 2011, 11:43 AM
There's an update today, did you install this: Public-Release-Update-June-24-2011 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?16671-Public-Release-Update-June-24-2011)

Blacky
June 23rd, 2011, 12:42 PM
I am trying to test an Autocal before sending it to a customer and I keep keeping that error. I have every updated to the newest firmware and boot loader as far as I know.

Prior to the update we released a few hours ago there was a bug that caused the script files to not get updated automatically.
If you don't have access to upgrade right now, you can force the scripts to get updated by using the drop down option: "Program ALL Required data (Slower)" on the [Program] button's drop down menu.
That will force the script files to get updated.

Regards
Paul

minytrker
June 23rd, 2011, 01:05 PM
Prior to the update we released a few hours ago there was a bug that caused the script files to not get updated automatically.
If you don't have access to upgrade right now, you can force the scripts to get updated by using the drop down option: "Program ALL Required data (Slower)" on the [Program] button's drop down menu.
That will force the script files to get updated.

Regards
Paul

That's what I did. I did that before today's update though. I just updated to today's update and am going to try it again.

minytrker
June 23rd, 2011, 01:26 PM
Today's update fixed it.

LS1_Dragster
June 25th, 2011, 07:24 AM
I'm having the same error. I've done all the updates, formated the system, programmed all data and still the $050B error when trying to read a tune. What should I look at now?

BTW, I have the V2 and the firmware and bootblock are up to date.

Lee

Blacky
June 25th, 2011, 10:05 AM
I'm having the same error. I've done all the updates, formated the system, programmed all data and still the $050B error when trying to read a tune. What should I look at now?

BTW, I have the V2 and the firmware and bootblock are up to date.

Lee

If you use "Program ALL Data" and the scripts are still not being updated on the FLashScan/AutoCal device it is most likely that the scripts on the PC (that are being copied to the device) are also out of date. (i.e. they were not updated to the latest versions during the install).
To force the script to get updated, delete the entire folder:
\Program Files\EFILive\V8 (on 32 bit Windows)
or
\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8 (on 64 bit Windows)
Then re-install* the V8 software, then clicking on the [Program] button should update the files on your FlashScan device.

* On Vista and Win7, right click on the downloaded file and select "Run as administrator".

Regards
Paul

LS1_Dragster
June 25th, 2011, 11:32 AM
Nope, doesnt work.

I deleted the directories before and reinstalled and it didnt work but this time I ran is as the admin and still no joy.

Can I verify the correct files on the V2?

Blacky
June 25th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Check relevant the *.obj files in the folder:
\Program Files\EFILive\V8\Config\
Open one of them using Notepad and look for the version number, it should show as 8.02.35 (which matches firmware V2.07.13)
(See image).
IMPORTANT, whatever you do, do not modify the *.obj files using notepad and do not try to save the file using notepad. It will corrupt the file.

Regards
Paul

joecar
June 25th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Using EFILive Explorer you can view the file timestamps and manually copy the files, if need be.

LS1_Dragster
June 25th, 2011, 03:33 PM
OK, I opened the LS1_BR.obj dated 4-1-2011 and the version is 08.02.33 and the internal date is 20110319

I deleted the directory before downloading and installing the software so I'm not sure why it's not 08.02.35

LS1_Dragster
June 25th, 2011, 03:42 PM
I found the reason why it's not working. If I download from your site it has the correct files but when I run the update program they get written over with an older version....So, your update is screwing it up!

Blacky
June 25th, 2011, 11:03 PM
I found the reason why it's not working. If I download from your site it has the correct files but when I run the update program they get written over with an older version....So, your update is screwing it up!

Thanks for the heads up on the update thing. I'll get if fixed asap.
Regards
Paul

electricblue
September 6th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Is there a fix for this yet? I'm having the same issue.

Blacky
September 6th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Is there a fix for this yet? I'm having the same issue.
Yes it is fixed in the latest release available from our downloads page here:
http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=133

The Auto-update has been switched off so you'll need to download both V7.5 and V8 and install both V7.5 and V8 manually (i.e. by double clicking on the downloaded files).
Make sure you use the V8 software EFILive_HAPI to update the firmware in your FlashScan.

Regards
Paul

electricblue
September 7th, 2011, 12:19 AM
I'm still getting script error. Downloaded manually. Updated. Updated firmware.

BigMoose153
September 10th, 2011, 03:28 PM
I'm having this problem as well, is there a fix yet?

joecar
November 22nd, 2011, 03:39 AM
Did you do a manual install of the V7 and V8 .exe files...?

68showngo
April 18th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Also having same problem.. tried deleted everything and downloaded latest files manually. Bootlock version is 2.07.04, firmware 2.07.26. Both show updated. Opened tunes in V8 and saved to convert. Needing to get this figured out for a friend. Any ideas?

joecar
April 18th, 2012, 05:31 PM
From V8 S&T, did you format the Config space, and then follow this with BBx Program All...?

IdahoRob
April 19th, 2012, 02:08 AM
V8>click on the autocal icon>BBX>scan>unclick all except the one you want>click tune>unclick all except the ecm you want>program.

68showngo
April 19th, 2012, 04:51 AM
Not giving the code anymore when hooked to my computer.. now it's another one, but maybe just cuz it's not hooked to his truck. Hopefully it'll work. Thanks!!