PDA

View Full Version : Script exited.....

BSwope
June 26th, 2011, 01:38 AM
While trying to read out my stock tune im getting a message of.....

Script exited with code $0311
mode not supported ($11)

I did the check for up dates in both and tried again and got the same messages.

Any help would be very appreciated!

Thanks,
Buddy

2007 5.9
June 26th, 2011, 03:40 AM
How many times did you try??

Sometimes I get that error while flashing, I just reflash and it seems to work.

~Les

BSwope
June 26th, 2011, 04:21 AM
Hi Les, ive tried about 5 times now and the same messages come up, this is the first time ive had the V2 connected to the truck.

IdahoRob
June 26th, 2011, 04:38 AM
We've got him set-up with the latest firmware and software versions, so that isn't the issue. I have another customer that has this issue with a stand alone ecm in a race truck. I had that customer check on another truck to see if it's the ecm or software and his works fine on other trucks, so I recommended to have Mr. BSwope try this.

BSwope
June 26th, 2011, 05:41 AM
Rob, thank you very much for calling me, customer service 110%! As soon as I get ahold of my freind and his 06 Ill let ya know how things go!

Thanks again Rob,
Buddy

GMPX
June 26th, 2011, 08:32 AM
While trying to read out my stock tune im getting a message of.....

Script exited with code $0311
mode not supported ($11)
How far in to the read before the error pops up?

IdahoRob
June 26th, 2011, 09:40 AM
I believe instantly. Soon as he hits go.

BSwope
June 26th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Yep Rob is right, It reads till it says something like, script read, script accepted and then a few seconds later the messages appear...

DoghouseDiesel
June 26th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Are you trying to read a truck that has or has had one of the Smarty's with the POD function?

If so, it won't read it. It won't read it if you set it back to stock either. It's something with the POD function.

I've had to reflash it with a stock file before I was able to get it to read.

Now, it will read any of them that do not have the POD function.

BSwope
June 26th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Are you trying to read a truck that has or has had one of the Smarty's with the POD function?

If so, it won't read it. It won't read it if you set it back to stock either. It's something with the POD function.

I've had to reflash it with a stock file before I was able to get it to read.

Now, it will read any of them that do not have the POD function.

Yep..... I had the SSR for a few weeks and by the sounds of things it was a few weeks too long!

So I looks like ill need to flash a new stock file in, dang Smarty anyway!

DoghouseDiesel
June 26th, 2011, 10:49 AM
That's your problem.....

It's just something about the POD function.

I've tried it on the Jr's and the full Smarty and it won't do either with POD.

BSwope
June 26th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Man im SO glad you posted about this, I was gonna try and read a freind of mine's 06 to see if it would read it but now I know it wont work on his either cause he has the Smarty JR with the POD!

cumminsDK
June 26th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Both of the trucks I've tuned had smartys with POD, and I was able to read both. One an 07 and the other an 06?

DoghouseDiesel
June 26th, 2011, 09:39 PM
Really?

I haven't gotten it to read any of them with the POD's. Always get the error.

The ones without the POD, I haven't had an issue with.

What software and firmware versions are you using?

BSwope
June 26th, 2011, 09:48 PM
I wonder if those 2 smarty's had the latest SW loaded into them? If not that may have something to do with why you were able to read them.

DoghouseDiesel
June 26th, 2011, 10:09 PM
Hmmm...

I'll have to try it on some older versions.

On the SSR, it was a no go.

On the S-06 with POD it was a no go.

On the Jr with POD it was a no go.

On the S-06 w/o POD it was no problem, with Revo, TNT and TNT/R.

On the Jr w/o POD it was no problem.

FUBAR
June 26th, 2011, 10:34 PM
I've had no problem reading STOCK files and flashing truck(s) that have had Smarty Jr. POD, Smarty Sr. TNT POD, Smarty SSR. Now, I never did try to read Smarty itself though. Really, honestly..what would be the point anyway.…

Go figure. There's always somebody to contradict the norm.

DoghouseDiesel
June 27th, 2011, 12:01 AM
I've had no problem reading STOCK files and flashing truck(s) that have had Smarty Jr. POD, Smarty Sr. TNT POD, Smarty SSR. Now, I never did try to read Smarty itself though. Really, honestly..what would be the point anyway.…

Go figure. There's always somebody to contradict the norm.

Flashing them isn't the problem. You can flash over it with no problem, except that you'll likely render that tuner useless.

If you've re-flashed it with a stock file, it reads fine.

If you try to read the tune you have on the truck, that's where you get the error.

As for the why....when you've spent dozens of hours and made hundreds of dyno pulls to get things dialed in, you want to maintain that tune and fix what you know is wrong with it.

CIDRAUGHN
June 27th, 2011, 04:14 AM
Mine did the exact same thing and guess what...smarty ssr was on for about 2 weeks prior. However, had a friend with ssr smarty who went back to the tnt smarty beforehand and it read just fine the first time. Might be something to try. also I should add that the tnt smarty he used was NOT a pod.

cumminsDK
June 27th, 2011, 05:19 AM
the 06 had tnt r with pod, the 07 was regular smarty with POD and i returned both to stock and read them, as well as read the smarty tune they had been running on! that was build 165 and 155 haven't tried it on the newest release

DoghouseDiesel
June 27th, 2011, 05:28 AM
I've set them back to stock and loaded the non-POD versions and it read just fine.

But when it was on a POD tune or it was set back to stock with a POD version Smarty, couldn't get it to read.

Once it was reflashed with either a non-POD Smarty or a stock tune with EFI, it would read just fine.

DoghouseDiesel
June 27th, 2011, 05:47 AM
Just went back out and tried 2 separate trucks, both '06s.

One with SSR and one with S06-POD.

Both came up with the same error.....

Script exited with code $0311: Mode Not Supported ($11).

Straight 6
June 27th, 2011, 07:04 AM
I had SSR on my truck for a short while then went back to my regular s-06 with tnt-r prior to buying my efilive and i didnt get that error message... idk if that helps any but either way lol

LReiff
July 13th, 2011, 09:08 AM
I just read an 07 ecm that was s06pod tuned and then set back to stock with the pod. No problems.

LReiff
July 25th, 2011, 04:00 AM
Right now I'm tuning a truck that I started tuning on Saturday. Saturday I flashed it atleast 12 time without a single problem, today is a different story. It exited the script twice now in 4 flashes but flashed fine after I restarted the flash.

olboyowl
July 25th, 2011, 09:44 AM
same with mine rich. i had the S-06 POD and had no issues with flashing.

DoghouseDiesel
July 26th, 2011, 12:28 AM
Hmmm.....

Mine still does not like "reading" anything that was set to stock with a POD version.

It'll flash it a file to it fine and then there are no issues, but it doesn't like to read it.

Everything is updated to the latest version and firmware.