PDA

View Full Version : Autocal Problems

jclairday
June 26th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Today I tried to retune my trans and somehow I stopped the tune before it was finished. I thought I could just try it again but didnt work. Something isnt right. The autocal says "run boot loader...........os failed............error code 0536".

I cant do anything with it. I checked the truck and I only have 3rd gear. I hope it isnt as bad as it seems.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks,

Joey

minytrker
June 26th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Have you contacted the tuner you got the autocal through? Do you have a V2 or just a autocal?

jclairday
June 26th, 2011, 12:12 PM
yes, he replied

"No permanent damage done. 536 indicates that the file isn't saved for your device. Try re-downloading it copy it back to the autocal".

I redownloaded the tune he sent me and copied it to the autocal and tried it again. I only have autocal.

Still same "run boot loader.........os fault aborted............now, error code 0540"

Hope its not screwed up....

Blacky
June 26th, 2011, 01:43 PM
$0540: An attempt was made to program a controller with a *.ctd file containing an incompatible operating system.
Check that the *.ctd file being programmed has a compatible operating system with the controller being programmed.
If a 97/98 LS1 controller is in dead poll mode (i.e. a previous flash failed) then the operating system cannot be accurately determined. In that case, you must full-flash the controller using the EFILive Tuning Tool software.

The person that supplied your tune file (*.ctd file) needs to make sure the file he supplied to you matches the operating system in your vehicle's controller.

If you download and install the EFILive V8 software, you will have access to the error codes here:
Start->All Programs->EFILive->V8->Documents->EFILive Error Messages

Regards
Paul

jclairday
June 26th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Thats what im confused about. I have programed the tcm with this tune several times. And since my last tune was interrupted, it will no longer accept any tune I have used in the past.

So, with the tuning tool software, can I re flash the controller with my stock tcm tune?

Tordne
June 26th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Unfortunately the AutoCal device cannot be used with the V7.5 Tune Tool software (it's not a supported device by that application). If the "Stock TCM Tune" has been sent to your tuner, and they have "saved it for remote flashing" and sent it back to you, you should be able to transfer that "signed" calibration to your AutoCal device and attempt to flash your TCM.

Blacky
June 26th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Make sure you have the latest firmware in your AutoCal device. You can make sure the firmware is up to date by downloading and installing the V8 software.
Then run the EFILive HAPI software, select the "F6: Firmware" tab page and click on [Refresh].
If the firmware needs updating, click on the [Update Firmware] button.

And try full-flashing the TCM instead of just cal-flashing. To do that, scroll down past the 5 "Prog n" entries until you get to the appropriate "Full n" entries (where n is a number between 1 and 5).

Regards
Paul

Blacky
June 26th, 2011, 04:04 PM
So, with the tuning tool software, can I re flash the controller with my stock tcm tune?

You can't use the V7.5 software, but you can use the V8 software in pass-thru mode if you have a laptop that you can carry out to your vehicle.
If you do use pass-thru mode you will get a more informative message explaining exactly what the problem is with the mismatched operating system numbers.

Regards
Paul

jclairday
June 26th, 2011, 11:35 PM
All updates to the autocal were made. I am assuming that pass-thru mode is when the autocal is connected to the OBD port and my laptop?

To double check the full flash procedure-

Open Efilive V8
Select tune (my tune is StockTCM.ctd )
F9: Full Flash
Check "Understand Warning" boxes

Blacky, I am a little confused on this:
"And try full-flashing the TCM instead of just cal-flashing. To do that, scroll down past the 5 "Prog n" entries until you get to the appropriate "Full n" entries (where n is a number between 1 and 5)."

I think you are talking about scrolling down in the autocal device, past the "prog" to the desired "full" entry?

jclairday
June 27th, 2011, 03:39 AM
OK,

I think I got it squared away. I verified software versions and and downloaded a new tune from my tuner. Performed a full flash like Blacky mentioned. Seems to have loaded just fine, other than the longer time for the full flash.

Thank you so much for all your help.

Blacky
June 27th, 2011, 07:07 AM
Blacky, I am a little confused on this:
"And try full-flashing the TCM instead of just cal-flashing. To do that, scroll down past the 5 "Prog n" entries until you get to the appropriate "Full n" entries (where n is a number between 1 and 5)."

I think you are talking about scrolling down in the autocal device, past the "prog" to the desired "full" entry?

Yes, that is what I meant.
Regards
Paul

Blacky
June 27th, 2011, 07:08 AM
OK,

I think I got it squared away. I verified software versions and and downloaded a new tune from my tuner. Performed a full flash like Blacky mentioned. Seems to have loaded just fine, other than the longer time for the full flash.

Thank you so much for all your help.

Glad it worked out. The full flash takes longer due to writing more data to the controller: the calibrations and the operating system, instead of just the calibrations.

Regards
Paul