PDA

View Full Version : E40 GTO with Cable TB

Mike@Vengeance
June 27th, 2011, 01:48 AM
Guys can this be done properly.

I put a Cable 102 TB on a GTO E40. The car is SD big CUBE nitrous car and it runs but if we unplug the old drive by wire TB it dies. The pedal can be unpluged and it still runs though.

Unplug them both and the car will not start.

We currently have the cable hooked up and the Drive by Wire TB sitting under the hood so it will not die.

Anyway to tune around the TAC module or is this a DREAM.

Any help would be great.

Taz
June 27th, 2011, 02:00 AM
Hello Evilz28nos,

I don't tune the E40 ... no idea on your E40 question ... suspect the answer in No. But, engines that used the E40 (2005 & 2006 model years), despite being referred to as Gen IVs, used 24x CKP sensors and 1x CMP sensors - like the Gen III.

To me, the most straight forward / user friendly approach would be to switch to an LS1-B PCM controller. This is often done in engine conversions that use a 2005 / 2006 LS2 with the 24x CKP and 1x CMP setup.

Regards,
Taz

ScarabEpic22
June 27th, 2011, 03:01 AM
Can you not get a bigger DBW TB and use that? Should be tables in the ECM to let you scale the TB area and let it work just fine.

Is it actually in a GTO or a swap, if its a swap then ditch the E40 and do what Taz recommended and use an LS1B PCM. If its in a GTO, then you're probably going to need to find a way to make the DBW TB setup work otherwise you will eventually get some weird DTC when the ECM realizes the TB isnt actually opening yet you're going WOT and making tons of power. The rationality tests will fail, might not be now but Im willing to bet you will get REP mode eventually.

gmh308
June 28th, 2011, 01:02 AM
Yes you cant use a cable TB with a regular factory FBW ECM. If the pedal and the TB arent there in a FBW setup, voila, fail. A P1101, which is based on rationality testing as Erik refers to, will pop up sooner more than later when the TB and pedal are there, but the power/rpm level does not match the pedal and TB blade position. LS1 PCM is always the answer if you want to run a cable TB.