PDA

View Full Version : LS3 Heads & Intake onto LS2/6.0 block.

Sid447
June 29th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Car was a stock 2008 CSV R8 M6 (HSV Clubsport R8) with an LS2 V8,

The guy decided to buy and have fitted a pair of LS3 heads, intake manifold and 216/224 cam from someone who had up-graded their own LS3 powered 2009 CSV R8 M6.

The car is still running the stock factory tune atm, with the LS3 parts on the LS2 block.

Apart from tuning adjustment for the cam which isn't an issue; what needs to be copied over from the LS3 parameters (e.g injector and VE tables, etc)??

Does anyone have an idea or any suggestions? :)

Wheels
July 11th, 2011, 07:47 AM
Not sure if they're the same injectors but you aught to investigate the g8 gt , and possibly the 07-09 vortec max trucks they both run variations of the L76 with is almost exactly an LS2 with LS3 heads and intake (trucks have a different intake)

I'm still thinking while it type so here's an addition. The g8 gt should have the VE tables you need (or at least get you close) but forget the trucks, not only are they a different intake, they also have variable valve timing and who knows what that differences that may cause. The injector tables should come straight from an ls3 equipped vehicle ( as I'm sure you already knew)

gmh308
July 12th, 2011, 12:09 AM
Car was a stock 2008 CSV R8 M6 (HSV Clubsport R8) with an LS2 V8,

The guy decided to buy and have fitted a pair of LS3 heads, intake manifold and 216/224 cam from someone who had up-graded their own LS3 powered 2009 CSV R8 M6.

The car is still running the stock factory tune atm, with the LS3 parts on the LS2 block.

Apart from tuning adjustment for the cam which isn't an issue; what needs to be copied over from the LS3 parameters (e.g injector and VE tables, etc)??

Does anyone have an idea or any suggestions? :)

Yeah a regular ME L76/L98 tune will pretty well do it Sid - injectors and airflow for a start...then the idle will be pretty cam specific maybe. See Hymey's idle section. :)