PDA

View Full Version : problem with BB logging.

eye-p
January 4th, 2006, 08:31 AM
Here it is- I cant seem to log anything.

I hook up the black box, start vehicle. It shows connectivity. I press recodr/ log button(i dont have it in front of me) and it shows green light. The light goes out after 3-4 seconds.

So, it looks like it is recording for a few seconds and then shuts off.

Any ideas?

Wasted Income
January 4th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Did you read the instructions??

eye-p
January 4th, 2006, 12:48 PM
Yes. Although I am now going to go back and read them again.

You have been such a big help.:roll:

Wasted Income
January 4th, 2006, 01:49 PM
http://www.efilive.com/doc/EFILiveV73Scan.pdf

Did you:
1.) Validate PIDs?
2.) Select and program PIDs for black box logging?

Black box logging is on page 102 of the PDF.

Is that helpful enough for you? :cheers:

eye-p
January 4th, 2006, 02:04 PM
Sure did. I selected fewer and fewer PIDs thinking that I might have exceeded the max number. Didnt work.

I will try clearing it and starting over.

Tordne
January 4th, 2006, 02:12 PM
After the short logging session are you able to retrieve any logs from the FlashScan unit (i.e. is it actually logging anything)?

In the FlashScan control panel (page 103 in the scan manual) there is a "Max frames per log:" option. If you set that to 0 it will log till you press the start/stop button again, or the memory fills up. I think by default it logs 600 frames and then stops, so that is only 1 minute at 10 frames per second.

Hope that helps some...

Cheers,

nco663
January 7th, 2006, 04:16 PM
After the short logging session are you able to retrieve any logs from the FlashScan unit (i.e. is it actually logging anything)?

In the FlashScan control panel (page 103 in the scan manual) there is a "Max frames per log:" option. If you set that to 0 it will log till you press the start/stop button again, or the memory fills up. I think by default it logs 600 frames and then stops, so that is only 1 minute at 10 frames per second.

Hope that helps some...

Cheers,

That page should be ELECTRIFIED!! I reread the manual 3 times before I caught it [I was smart but I outgrew it] :nixweiss:

ringram
January 7th, 2006, 11:10 PM
Caught me out initially too. You really only get 20min from a session though thats normally enough. I think v2 will let you use memory cards, so you can log forever.. almost..

eye-p
January 13th, 2006, 03:52 PM
Im hoping to find time to try this again this weekend.

joecar
January 13th, 2006, 11:00 PM
Im hoping to find time to try this again this weekend. Hey, this is "car stuff", it takes top priority... unless my Mrs. informs me otherwise... :nixweiss::nixweiss::nixweiss::nixweiss: