PDA

View Full Version : Day 3 trying to

Chuck L.
July 2nd, 2011, 05:52 AM
Get the PID and dashboard set up to do fuel psi logging.[Using the tutorial]. Not using the EGR pins, but am using fuel tank psi, to supply 5v to the sensor,[05 H2 Hummer system], and AD4 as input on the Flashscan.
So far, Joecar has been kind enuf to point out the error[s] I made while loading the notepad.exe to create the PID.
I now have the pid showing, [F8], and I dbl cliked it, & have it active.
When I go to the dash board to set up the gauge, I don't find the PID listed in the parameters drop down. [I unchecked "selected", and checked "names", unlocked the dashboard.].
I have the gauge face sized and the min/max psi on it...That's as far as I can get.

So, why is the PID not available thru the gauge properties window?? [It shows up, when I goto "new gauge", LS1 base, but I can't get it to work as the gauge input....:help2:

This is wearing me out! It has to be something I'm missing...:doh2:

Joe, thanks for the help...I'm here, so as to avoid wearing you out, answering my dumb ??'s!:hihi:

Ira
July 2nd, 2011, 07:27 AM
Did you make sure to enable the Analog PIDS in the V2. On mine with the newest formware it's F4(Options), F1(Settings), F1(Edit Settings). Then find A/D PIDs and make sure it's set to yes. Or I think you can also do it through V8 Scan and Tune, F6(Devices), F6(Logging). If you choose that, make sure to <Read> before changing anything and then press Program to save the changes.

Ira

joecar
July 2nd, 2011, 12:52 PM
Chuck, post a screenshot...

joecar
July 2nd, 2011, 12:53 PM
Chuck, if you're using AD4 then make sure the calc pid uses {EXT.AD4}.

Mr. P.
July 3rd, 2011, 02:30 AM
I have run into this as well, when it happened to me it was because my "units" did not exactly match - i.e. in my slot definition (PID formula) I used "Kpa" and in my parameter definition I used "psi" and the value would exist as a PID and even show realtime data but I could not chart it. In your case, I think your issue is that you have units as "psi" (lowercase) instead of "PSI" (uppercase) in your slot definition. Also, you may not actually have to define what "PSI" is (in the UNITS section) because I think I read that EFILive already has those units hard-coded into the program.

Give those two thoughts a try.

Mr. P. :)

Mr. P.
July 3rd, 2011, 06:40 AM
Try something like this:

# ================================================== ============================
# File details - This section defines various details about the file format.
# ------------

*FILE

#Parameter Value Description
#---------- ---------------- ---------------------------------------------------
VERSION 7.1.1 File version
DECSEP . Decimal separator used in this file

# ================================================== ============================
# Units - See sae_generic.txt for more information on the *UNITS section
# -------------------

*UNITS

# Code System Abbr Description
# -------- ---------- -------- -------------------------------------------------------------

None None "" "No units"
PSI Imperial PSI "Pounds Per Square Inch"
Kpa Metric KPA "Kilo Pascals"

# ========== External Sensors ==========
*CLC-00-140
PSI 0.0 100.0 0.1 "({EXT.AD4} * 25) - 12.5"
Kpa 0.0 700.0 0.0 "(({EXT.AD4} * 25) - 12.5) * 6.89475728"

*PRN - Parameter Reference Numbers
# --------------------------------
# See sae_generic.txt for more information on the *PRN section
#
#Code PRN SLOT Units System Description
#------------------------- ---- ------------ ---------------- ---------------- ------------------------------------------

CALC.FRP_AD4 F094 CLC-00-140 "PSI,Kpa" Conditions "Fuel Rail Pressure (AD4)"

# Make sure there are at least two blank lines at the end of this file.

joecar
July 3rd, 2011, 09:30 AM
Hi Chuck,

Please try the attached calc_pids.txt, copy it without editing. :)

Note: the spelling of psi and kPa; a list of units is surrounded in quotes; square brackets are not used.

I tested this on my PC and it works.

joecar
July 3rd, 2011, 03:02 PM
On your laptop, if the pid doesn't show up you may need to reinstall V7.

Select the pid EXT.AD4 and then try with the gauge again.

Yes, connect to vehicle and validate.

Mr. P.
July 4th, 2011, 02:39 AM
joecar, thanks for posting that - you shared a couple good ideas for cleaning up my calc_pids.txt file!

Mr. P. :)

Chuck L.
July 4th, 2011, 02:49 AM
On your laptop, if the pid doesn't show up you may need to reinstall V7.

Select the pid EXT.AD4 and then try with the gauge again.

Yes, connect to vehicle and validate.

Got it done and working! [Once I quit messin w/ the files!]:angel_innocent:
Thanks to Joe, and the experience he shared, it's working.:grin:
I still don't know why the old tutorial is not working for me. [I've not compared it to what Joe sent.]

There are wire color changes, [Autometer harness], and different pcm pins used on my set up. [No EGR.]
I'll rough out what I've done, and send it to Joe. He can edit it, and update the tutorial, if needed.

Thanks!:hihi: