PDA

View Full Version : Public Release Update July 03, 2011

Blacky
July 3rd, 2011, 02:04 PM
The EFILive V7.5 and V8 software is available for download.

Auto Update:
The "Check For New Update" option is active. It is the preferred method for updating your EFILive software. If you experience any software issues after using the "Check For New Update" option, please download the software manually from the link below.

Manual download/install available here:
http://www.efilive.com/index.php?opt...=48&Itemid=133 (http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=133)
If you manually download the software from the link above and then use the "Check For New Update" option, the auto update will still update your software. So after manually installing the software there is no need to immediately perform the "Check for New Update".

Known Issues:

Issue #1
Sometimes at the start of a read or flash operation the V7.5 software will complain that it cannot communicate with the FlashScan device. Sometimes after clicking [Ok] the software is able to reconnect. Sometimes you need to restart the read or flash procedure and other times you need to exit and restart the Tuning Tool application.
We are trying to find a set of actions that can reliably reproduce that situation. If you know of any way to cause that error to occur reliably, please let us know at support@efilive.com

Issue #2
In the V7.5 software, some controllers continue to show the diagnostic trouble code B2911. It is not a real trouble code from the controller. It is generated incorrectly by the CAN-VPW bridge used in the FlashScan/AutoCal firmware. Please ignore it.

Reporting Issues:
If you discover any serious problems/faults, please create a support case here:
http://support.efilive.com/
If you discover simple/trivial issues, please make a note of them in this thread.

What's new in this update:

V7.5.7 Build 170 (July 03, 2011)

Fixed Allison 5 speed full flash failure.
PIDs were being deleted (but not restored) from dashboard charts when changing between Cummins and GM controllers.
Added support for E39 OS 12647088.
European locale settings are now handled correctly when generating and playing back scripts.
LS1 Electronic Throttle Control (ETC) redundancy tables were not being updated correctly.
Forced V7.5 to abort reading/flashing if/when the firmware in FS/AC does not match. (V7.5.7.170 requires firmware V2.07.14)

V8.2.1 Build 160 (July 03, 2011)

Updated E39 cal flash to handle 2012 model year.
Updated the Error Codes document - can be viewed from the V8->Documents Start menu.
All script files (*.obj) have had their version numbers increased and must be updated on customer's AutoCal and FlashScan devices. Otherwise they may end up with $050B "Script file not supported by current firmware version" errors.

FlashScan/AutoCal Firmware V2.07.14 (July 03, 2011)

The latest FTDI USB drivers (V2.08.14) cause V7.5 to hang on many customers' machines. Installer now defaults to installing the old (V2.02.04) drivers.
Boot loader failures are now reported. Error codes are available in updated Error Codes document (error codes: $0600-$06FF)

Regards
Paul

Duramax 6.6L
July 3rd, 2011, 03:38 PM
Just upgraded with no problems

Highlander
July 3rd, 2011, 10:45 PM
I've had that issue #1 over a year.... It will happen after you disconnect from the scantool.

izaks
July 4th, 2011, 05:19 AM
I've had that issue #1 over a year.... It will happen after you disconnect from the scantool.
But not every time.
I have not been to identify exactly what causes it, but definitely after logging and disconnecting from Scan

driver456
July 4th, 2011, 06:51 AM
Holy crap!! NO MORE REDUCED ENGINE POWER!!! Thank you EFILive for fixing the ETC tables.I was pulling my hairout on that one................Paul

brobradh77
July 4th, 2011, 10:42 AM
I still can not get any PIDs to load?...WTH am I missing here?

brobradh77
July 4th, 2011, 10:57 AM
I can open a old log file..it will display al the PIDs I want to monitor..I will save them but when I reopen it..it only allows the same 4 paramters ..it acts like nothing is supported

Blacky
July 4th, 2011, 11:09 AM
I'm assuming you're working with a GM controller. If you're working with a Cummins controller just swap around the GM/Cummins in the comments below.

If the controller type is currently set to a Cummins controller (i.e. CMB Cummins Diesel) then when you save the file, any GM enhanced PIDs will be dropped from the file.
What you should do with files that are behaving strangely is this: After loading the file and before saving it, make sure the currently selected controller (File->Select Controller) is a GM controller.
That way when you save the file the GM enhanced PIDs will exist and will not be dropped from the file.

You can see which enhanced manufacturer type is currently selected in the status bar at the bottom of the window, just to the left of the VIN.

Regards
Paul

brobradh77
July 4th, 2011, 11:09 AM
this is my log file when I open it and I save these PIDs
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l111/brobradh77/pid1.jpg

This is after I reopen saved PIDs and try to select one
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l111/brobradh77/pid3.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l111/brobradh77/pid2.jpg

brobradh77
July 4th, 2011, 11:13 AM
The only difference I see is in the log file the controller does not have automoatic transmission seleceted..

brobradh77
July 4th, 2011, 11:17 AM
could the problem be that this version has not been connected to my truck yet?

Blacky
July 4th, 2011, 11:32 AM
When you load a log file, all validate PIDs are marked as invalid and only the PIDs in the log file are marked as valid.
After loading a log file, that means most of the PIDs will be marked as invalid.

Connect to a vehicle and the software will either validate the PIDs against that vehicle, or look up the pre-validated PIDs for that vehicle based on the vehicle's VIN.
If you can't connect to a vehicle at the time, you can get the pre-validated list of PIDs back again by selecting the correct controller and VIN for the PIDs that you want to be valid.

On the File menu, use the Select Controller and Enter VIN options to tell the software for which controller type and VIN you want to see valid PIDs.
That procedure relies on the PIDs having been validated for the selected VIN previously. Obviously the software can't know which PIDs are valid for a given VIN if the software has never been connected to a vehicle with that VIN before.

For your info, the validate PID lists are stored in *.vpl files: \My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\PIDs\*.vpl
The actual filename is a partial VIN, any vehicle with the same matching partial VIN will use the matching pre-validated PID list.

One more hint, when we release updated software it may contain additional PIDs that may be supported on your vehicle(s). If a *.vpl file already exists for a given vehicle, then the newly added PIDs won't show up as valid because they won't be listed in the *.vpl file.
So periodically you should manually run the Info->Validate PIDs option when connected to a vehicle - just to make sure the valid list of PIDs is up to date.
Or you can just delete the *.vpl files and next time the software connects up to a vehicle it will automatically re-validate all the PIDs.

Regards
Paul

mr.prick
July 4th, 2011, 11:54 AM
pids can sometimes be "invalid" until a log begins.
This has been the case for as long as I remember.

brobradh77
July 4th, 2011, 12:45 PM
OK..I feel like a dumb ass...when i connected it it all validated..minus the error I got about not being updated to latest version when I did that earlier I had no problems....I just dont rememebr not being able to pick PIDs without being connected but i guess i was....Thanks for the help

Blacky
July 4th, 2011, 01:05 PM
I just dont rememebr not being able to pick PIDs without being connected but i guess i was....Thanks for the help
You should find that when you run the EFILive software, the VIN of the vehicle to which you last connected (or that you last selected manually using the File->Enter VIN option) will be remembered. That means the PIDs that are listed in that VIN's *.vpl file will show as valid, even when you're not connected.
Regards
Paul

brobradh77
July 4th, 2011, 02:04 PM
You should find that when you run the EFILive software, the VIN of the vehicle to which you last connected (or that you last selected manually using the File->Enter VIN option) will be remembered. That means the PIDs that are listed in that VIN's *.vpl file will show as valid, even when you're not connected.
Regards
Paul

Ok..thanks...is the error about not being updated due to the driver downgrade?

Blacky
July 4th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Ok..thanks...is the error about not being updated due to the driver downgrade?

When you say "the error about not being updated", do you mean the V7.5 software is displaying a dialog box saying the firmware is not up to date?
If so, then you need to make sure you have installed the following software versions:

V7.5.7.170
V8.2.1.160

FlashScan.AutoCal firmware must be V2.07.14
Use the EFILive V8 program called EFILive HAPI to upgrade the firmware on your FlashScan if required.

Regards
Paul

izaks
July 5th, 2011, 06:59 AM
Worse in build 170.
Loaded tune - read a file - fine.
Loaded Scan - logged, then loaded Tune and tried to write - fails evry time, and the only way to write is to shut it down and reload. Have to do this everytime you log and then try to write

Blacky
July 5th, 2011, 07:12 AM
Worse in build 170.
Loaded tune - read a file - fine.
Loaded Scan - logged, then loaded Tune and tried to write - fails evry time, and the only way to write is to shut it down and reload. Have to do this everytime you log and then try to write

When you say "write" do you mean:
1. save a *.tun file?
or
2. save a *.ctd file?
or
3. flash the controller?
or
4. save a *.efi log file?

When you say "shut it down" do you mean:
1. Shutdown the Tune Tool software
or
2. Shutdown the Scan Tool software
or
3. Shutdown both

Regards
Paul

izaks
July 5th, 2011, 08:01 AM
Writing a cal to the controller (today it was a LS1B)
Everytime I logged a dyno run, and then wanted to write to the controller, had to close and then reload TUNE. Scan Tool loaded the whole time.
Replying OK to the error message did not work like it used to, now it clears the message and sits idle. If you click Start again (to write to the controller) error msg pops up again.
Have to close and reload only Tune

Blacky
July 5th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Writing a cal to the controller (today it was a LS1B)
Everytime I logged a dyno run, and then wanted to write to the controller, had to close and then reload TUNE. Scan Tool loaded the whole time.
Replying OK to the error message did not work like it used to, now it clears the message and sits idle. If you click Start again (to write to the controller) error msg pops up again.
Have to close and reload only Tune

What Windows OS are you running on?

I know this is probably obvious but I have to ask, did you disconnect the Scan Tool prior to trying to write the cal in the Tune Tool?

After you get the "can't connect" message in Tune, what happens if you try to reconnect the Scan Tool?
Does Scan connect ok or does it give the same error?

P.S. I followed the sequence you posted and it works fine here on Win7 64 bit. I'm using the old USB drivers V2.02.04.

Regards
Paul

izaks
July 5th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Windows XP SP3 (upgraded from WIN 7 a couple of months ago)
Yes, forget to do that quite often, but no, Scan was disconnected.
After one of the failures, tried to reconnect to Scan, and it worked fine.
I can try and recreate using a bench harness (LS1B and E38), but only tomorrow (23:35 is past my bedtime)

FeetDry
July 5th, 2011, 02:08 PM
W/ the latest update, I'm not seeing any GM pids.
Scan/Tune: 7.5.7 build 170
BootBlk: 2.7.2
Firmware: 2.7.14
OS=12212156

This was working prior to the update today.
Here are the details: http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?16714-Calc.VET-question/page2 It starts @ post 12.

The only thing I can think of doing now is trying a reinstall of the SW. Can I dwnld the previous ver from somewhere?

Blacky
July 5th, 2011, 02:46 PM
OS=12212156

Here are the details: http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?16714-Calc.VET-question/page2 It starts @ post 12.

The only thing I can think of doing now is trying a reinstall of the SW. Can I dwnld the previous ver from somewhere?

See post #12 on previous page.
Regards
Paul

FeetDry
July 5th, 2011, 03:07 PM
See post #12 on previous page.
Regards
Paul

Yes, I have validated the pids. (Many times, w/ & w/o logging.) Still no GM pids.
The VPL the I posted doesn't show any GM pids.
I don't know why.

Blacky
July 5th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Can you edit the desktop shortcut that starts the V7.5 Scan Tool and add /l to the end of the shortcut (that's space, forward slash, lower case L).
Then start the Scan Tool using that shortcut.
Having the /l on the end of the shortcut will create a log file called: C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\StartupLog.txt
Please send that file to me at paul@efilive.com

Don't forget to remove the /l from the shortcut when you're done or it will just slow you down each time you start the software.

Regards
Paul

ScarabEpic22
July 6th, 2011, 07:10 AM
Paul, next time you generate the E67 cals there's an extra letter (a "b") in the definition for the {B1094} Crank Sensor Type under the Calibration tab (normal startup page with the VIN, OS, etc). Currently it reads "58Xb".

TBMSport
July 6th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Fixed...didn't realize that I had to download V8 to update the firmware.

Blacky
July 6th, 2011, 01:02 PM
OS=12212156

In case anyone else is reading this thread, there is additional info here:
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?16714-Calc.VET-question&p=149830#post149830
From post #26 onwards.
Regards
Paul

Duramax 6.6L
July 10th, 2011, 01:06 PM
I went to flash my truck with the V2. Truck is now dead in the water.
Dash display shows nothing and starter will not even engage.

unit erases the computer with yellow light flashing
Starts programing with the progress bar and yellow light flashing
about third of the way through flashing, error message comes up: Error $0322 conditions not met or request sequence error

Tried again and same error.

Went and loaded my stock tune. Started to do a full flash and receive the following error: $0281 no data

Any ideas whats going on here.

Frank

Blacky
July 10th, 2011, 01:49 PM
I went to flash my truck with the V2. Truck is now dead in the water.
Dash display shows nothing and starter will not even engage.

unit erases the computer with yellow light flashing
Starts programing with the progress bar and yellow light flashing
about third of the way through flashing, error message comes up: Error $0322 conditions not met or request sequence error

Tried again and same error.

Went and loaded my stock tune. Started to do a full flash and receive the following error: $0281 no data

Any ideas whats going on here.

Frank
Make sure you are using the latest software available from our downloads page, here:
After downloading and installing, don't perform the "Check for New Updates" option.
Try using the V8 software to read/flash your truck.

Regards
Paul

Duramax 6.6L
July 10th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Make sure you are using the latest software available from our downloads page, here:
After downloading and installing, don't perform the "Check for New Updates" option.
Try using the V8 software to read/flash your truck.

Regards
Paul

I am using the latest and I did not use the check for upgrades.

I will try the V8 software and see what happens.

Frank

Duramax 6.6L
July 10th, 2011, 10:01 PM
Trying to read truck with the V8 and V7 software results in a no data error message

Just tried to flash the truck with V8 and V7 software and both give the same error message: Communication lost please check cables and connections.

This happens after the stage of 1 of 10.

Frank

cumminsDK
July 10th, 2011, 11:15 PM
Which engine/ECM are you having problems with?

Duramax 6.6L
July 10th, 2011, 11:23 PM
Which engine/ECM are you having problems with?

2007 Silverado 3500 Crew Cab LBZ

Blacky
July 11th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Trying to read truck with the V8 and V7 software results in a no data error message

Just tried to flash the truck with V8 and V7 software and both give the same error message: Communication lost please check cables and connections.

This happens after the stage of 1 of 10.

Frank

Please locate the trace files from the failed attempts to read/flash the controller.
The files can be found in the folder:
\My Documents\EFILive\V8\Trace

and will be called something similar to:
E35A_R_20110603_234622.htx (for a read attempt)
E35A_W_20110603_234622.htx (for a flash attempt)

The numbers will be different, they are the date and time in the format YYYYMMDD_HHMMSS that the log file was created.

Please zip up all the relevant *.htx files and send them to me at paul@efilive.com

Regards
Paul

Duramax 6.6L
July 11th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Please locate the trace files from the failed attempts to read/flash the controller.
The files can be found in the folder:
\My Documents\EFILive\V8\Trace

and will be called something similar to:
E35A_R_20110603_234622.htx (for a read attempt)
E35A_W_20110603_234622.htx (for a flash attempt)

The numbers will be different, they are the date and time in the format YYYYMMDD_HHMMSS that the log file was created.

Please zip up all the relevant *.htx files and send them to me at paul@efilive.com

Regards
Paul

Trace files sent.

Regards
Frank

driver456
July 16th, 2011, 10:50 AM
Just a quick update.I went to a test & tune @ lebanon valley dragway NO REDUCED POWER MODE any more!!!!!!!!! No problems logging or flashing a change in the tune with the RR pcm.Ran the car @ 40% throttle,45% & 50% throttle without a problem:grin:Thanks again for fixing the ETC tables.Some good news for a change:grin:...........Paul

joecar
July 16th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Hey Paul, thanks for the update :cheers:

Highlander
July 16th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Update is not working very well for me... I have to disconnect the programmer from the car AND usb in order for it to get detected and flash again.

mr.prick
July 17th, 2011, 07:21 AM
FW V2.07.14 seems to have "killed" my A/D inputs.
They show 0 volts through the V2's diplay and in the scan tool show 18 volts. :confused: