PDA

View Full Version : can't pull up tune

96j
July 5th, 2011, 12:16 PM
When I try to get on my Efi Live it pops up an error that says. Can not create file/user name/documents/efilive/v7.5/configuration/cal favorites.txt." Access is denied. Had to restart the computer a week a go, so than i downloaded efi live v7.5.7 again. Still not able to pull up my tune for my truck. Any help thanks

Dmaxink
July 5th, 2011, 12:19 PM
Go to the startup window, click on Efilive, then 7.5, then tools, then check for update an update the software. Also do the same process for V8.

Blacky
July 5th, 2011, 03:53 PM
The Auto-Update does not give you the option to clear registry settings, (the manual download/install does).

If you're comfortable editing the registry yourself, you need to delete the registry key:
\\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EFILive\V7.5\Properti es\Dir
Make sure no EFILive software is running when you do that.

If you don't want to edit the registry yourself, you'll need to download the software from our web site downloads page and install it manually.
When the installer for the V7.5 software asks if you want to keep the registry settings, select the option to delete all EFILive registry entries.
That will clear out the incorrect folder name that EFILive is attempting to use when creating the user configuration files.
And next time you run the EFILive software it will create the correct folder names based on your current Windows configuration.

Regards
Paul