PDA

View Full Version : Running AutoCal on Macintosh

choreographics
July 6th, 2011, 02:32 PM
I am looking at purchasing an AutoCal. I am assuming that there is no Mac Version?

I have a new Mac Intel PowerBook on the way. I can install Windows Operating System using Boot Camp if necessary. ALL my other applications are Mac native the past 22 years, so the only thing I would use WindowsOS for is this one application.

My questions:
(1) Has anyone tried running this on a Mac like what I am suggesting?
(2) What version of Windows should I buy to install on a Boot Camp Partition?

Thanks for any advice (short of buying a PC just for this one function).

Tordne
July 6th, 2011, 07:43 PM
I am aware that many customers use Boot Camp on their Mac hardware (Intel). Some are even using virtualization products like VMware Fusion or Parallels.

ScarabEpic22
July 7th, 2011, 02:03 AM
Have to Virtualize it one way or another, there are a few threads on here with guys reporting success doing it. Dual-booting OSX and XP/W7 is the absolute best bet as you give Windows full control over your AC, but using VMware (dont know if VirtualBox works or not) is pretty close and you dont have to reboot into Windows. Heck there are a few guys running an XP/W7 VM under Linux!

How are you purchasing your AC unit, directly from a tuner? If you plan to purchase one and use it to tune your car without a tuner sending you tunes, you cannot do that and would be wasting your $$ on an AC. Need a FlashScan if you want to actually tune it yourself and not just flash tunes a tuner sends you and maybe log a little.