PDA

View Full Version : Throttle response

catman3126
July 7th, 2011, 06:27 AM
I need help getting better throttle response in my LLY, I have tried the TBIQ table and that didn't do quite what I was looking for it just made the drivablity crappy like it was all or nothing. I also adjusted the max fuel quanity injected and this seemed to help but not like I was hoping, I want that crisp gas hopped up gas engine like response, I know a couple guys with edge programmers in there LMM's and they can stab the throttle and light the tires up from a stop or a slow roll. Mine runs really strong but is really laggy in the idle/low rpm range. also installed a dsp setup and a set of tunes form a reputable tuner in one of the LMM's and his throttle response went way down. as soon and he drove it he asks....why is it so laggy now? its like the tunes are more gradual to build the power, we want that driveshaft snapping, come out of the hole responce...lol.

Dmaxink
July 7th, 2011, 07:12 AM
The best thing to do is contact the reputable tuner and tell him what you guys are desiring and he should send you back an update in no time..

catman3126
July 7th, 2011, 07:50 AM
Yeah tried that and have not gotten a reply but he has replied to the couple other questions in the same email I had about the tune, and the switch. seems to be ignoring the part about the throttle response.

Dmaxink
July 7th, 2011, 08:37 AM
for a quick fix until your tuner gets it back out to you go up 10% of fuel (main injection) from 50mm3 and 80mpa on up.

another thing to consider as well is if he has a aftermarket intake the maf may need to be slightly rescaled, this can cause the lag at the bottom.

cmitchell17
July 7th, 2011, 10:31 AM
I really haven't had a chance to compare my lly to a lbz or newer but I don't think your going to get lmm response I've tried a lot of things to try to fix it in my lly but nothing seemed to help. As far as the lmm loosing response I don't know about that?

killerbee
July 10th, 2011, 02:05 AM
As long as you don't mind a dirty truck, what you want is easy to achieve in the LLY. Find someone who has a lot of experience with the LLY.

You will also need to do an Induction Overhaul Kit, as your spoolup is quite long with the factory plumping pre-compressor.

As mentioned, aftermarket intakes can mess up the MAF scaling (fuel metering) so avoid them.

catman3126
July 10th, 2011, 06:52 AM
Killer by dirty do you mean sooty? So how do I do it?

cmitchell17
July 11th, 2011, 02:27 PM
I don't really have any numbers to back it up, but I haven't really noticed spoolup any faster with cutting off my maf limiting versus running it with almost no visable smoke.

I have always thought the biggest issue with slow spoolup is the fact that the Alison takes so long to downshift, because spoolup depends a lot on rpms. If you notice a wot downshift from 5th will just sit there but once it gets in the gear to get the rpms closer to 3000 it takes off.