PDA

View Full Version : Etc tune?

ggwrigley
July 7th, 2011, 06:51 AM
Has anyone ever been able to tune thier etc parameters to get better throttle response? I tweaked mine a little but than it told me the numbers werent recognized and would cause pcm damage or something like that.

DrX
July 8th, 2011, 01:29 AM
I believe that the warning is that the values should not be increased by more than 5% to prevent damaging the PCM. I have gone the other way and reduced the table in the 0 to 60% pedal range by 50% with no issues on an LS1B PCM(I am running dual throttle bodies).

joecar
July 8th, 2011, 02:08 AM
Yes, be careful, if the PCM determines that the red folder tables contain "insane" values it will throw a P06xx DTC and brick itself.

Mr. P.
July 8th, 2011, 02:19 AM
LOL

I have logs where the TPS goes from 16% to 100% in one single data frame, or 1/10th of a second; there is no sense in trying to improve the drive-by-wire, because there's no way that your foot can physically "outrun" it.

To get better throttle response, you need to work on getting your fueling and timing *spot-on*; in my own efforts I am learning that the engine in my truck is VERY picky, it is much more sensitive to EQR and spark advance than I was first led to believe - yesterday I was getting 18.8-MPG and then I made a 1.25% change to fueling (BENS = 0.9875) and my MPG fell to 15! At the rate I am going dialing-in part-throttle operation and idle transition is going to take lots of time. :(

Mr. P. :)

Chevy366
July 8th, 2011, 03:35 AM
There is a couple of threads about this somewhere here , I did 30% and noticed a huge difference . One of the threads talks about making a instant response , I did that and it is fun at first , but then gets scary at red lights because it just launches real easy , almost uncontrollable . :bad:
Please do not do this unless you have found the threads and are confident that it will not harm your PCM !

ggwrigley
July 12th, 2011, 01:33 AM
i have changed all of my parameters up 5% and it seems to respond a lot better, i also increased the shift points and the timing up two degrees across the board for a start. what have you done with the spark and fuel, i have an 03 5.3 with nothing done to it now but i have some plans