PDA

View Full Version : First time tuning

spiderpat
January 6th, 2006, 07:14 AM
I just started using EFI and I have found myself at a bit of a loss. As I was using the AutoVE tutorial, it states to set the PE modifiers based on RPM using either the EQ or AFR. Unfortunately, Mine states Lambda. I could be stupid and am just missing the whole thing as to which one i should use. I do have the LC1 hooked up. So my question is which set of values do I use?

ringram
January 6th, 2006, 07:17 AM
Goto edit/properties/display tab and change the units to whichever you prefer. I like AFR myself.

spiderpat
January 6th, 2006, 07:41 AM
Thank you for your assistance.

spiderpat
January 6th, 2006, 07:48 AM
Now should it automatically set the map to the set values in the tutorial or is that going to be a manual setting process?

VetPet
January 6th, 2006, 08:25 AM
The EQ ratio is the same as lambda. The value is derived from taking the commanded AFR divided by the stoichiometric correct AFR of 14.63. Therefore, an EQ of 1 = 14.63:1 AFR. EQ/Lambda values < 1 indicate a richer AFR while values > 1 indicate a leaner AFR.

You can do as suggested and change the setting to display AFR which is usually easier for people to relate to than EQ or Lambda. Whatever turns your crank.

:cheers:

Blacky
January 6th, 2006, 08:54 AM
EQ Ratio and Lambda are only the same when AFR is stoichiometric.

EQ Ratio and Lambda are the inverse of each other.
EQ Ratio = stoich/AFR
Lambda = AFR/stoichEQ RAtio is <1 when AFR is lean, and >1 when AFR is rich.
Lambda is <1 when AFR is rich, and >1 when AFR is lean.

See image.

Regards
Paul

ringram
January 6th, 2006, 10:10 AM
... partly why I like AFR.. doesnt matter if you forget which way round they are.

And yes, you have to check/set the fueling manually