PDA

View Full Version : Super lean idle

swomp rat
July 14th, 2011, 10:36 AM
I did an LQ4 swap in my car a few months ago. I had the true duals put on yesterday and also had them put the AEM wideband sensor in while they did the exhaust. When the car is idling it reads completely of the lean end. Every once in a while it will blip in and say 17.8 for a split second. When I drive it and get on it a bit (like over 3000 rpm's) it comes back around to like 13.0-13.5 as long as I'm into the throttle. The car was also starting hard so I pulled 2 degrees out of the spark while cranking. Now it fires up fine and idles good but just reads off the chart lean! Someone help me out if you can... what needs to be adjusted?

WeathermanShawn
July 14th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Rat, welcome to the forum.

What kind of tune are your running? I.E., Closed or Open loop, SD, MAF..etc.

As always if you can post a Tune & log, it will make it a lot easier to figure out.

Thanks.

swomp rat
July 14th, 2011, 01:59 PM
It is in open loop... and it is running the 5.3 truck maf with the intagrated iat sensor. If that helps at all... I will try to get some logged data for you in the next couple days.

WeathermanShawn
July 14th, 2011, 02:15 PM
When you get a chance post up your Tune & Log(s). If you are Open-Loop..just depends on whether your MAF is failed (via software) or if your Fueling is being dictated by the VE Table.

On you next post fill in your signature with all your modifications. Bigger cams tend to Idle more lean. The more information the better.:)..