PDA

View Full Version : Problems after update

67SS509
July 22nd, 2011, 05:32 AM
Just updated yesterday. All my files with PID arrangments were affected. Many of the PID's are missing including AFR.GM. How do I get them back?

joecar
July 22nd, 2011, 07:45 AM
Try:
- connect V7 to vehicle and validating pids,
- File->Enter VIN,
- File->Select Controller,
- on PIDs tab uncheck Supported, check Names, select All for System.

Click on the Caption column heading to sort alphabetically on that column, then scroll down see if you can locate the pid(s).

67SS509
July 22nd, 2011, 11:04 AM
When I try to connect I get "FlashScan/AutoCal Firmware is not compatble with the installed EFIlive software"
Tried the update again also...build 170 already installed.
So now scan tool does not work or tune tool.
What's my next move. Done updates before and they always worked with no problem.

ScarabEpic22
July 22nd, 2011, 11:08 AM
Update the firmware on your V2 using EFILive HAPI. Install V8 software, then open V8 Scan & Tune. Click the little V2 in the taskbar near the clock in windows. Click F6: Firmware, update bootblock if necessary then update the firmware.

67SS509
July 22nd, 2011, 11:34 AM
How do I update the firmware?

67SS509
July 22nd, 2011, 12:28 PM
OK...got everything updated but still missing PID's
Commanded AFR and KR missing for example.
Have Commanded Lamda though.

joecar
July 22nd, 2011, 12:56 PM
E38/E67 uses AFRATIO and KNKRET.

67SS509
July 22nd, 2011, 01:12 PM
When I open Default Imperial.PID file or any file there is no KR or Commanded AFR in the list (supported unchecked)

67SS509
July 22nd, 2011, 01:26 PM
When I open "E38 ECM Metric.PID" AFRATIO and KNKRET are not in the list

ScarabEpic22
July 22nd, 2011, 06:17 PM
How do I update the firmware?

Update the firmware on your V2 using EFILive HAPI. Install V8 software, then open V8 Scan & Tune. Click the little V2 in the taskbar near the clock in windows. Click F6: Firmware, update bootblock if necessary then update the firmware.

See above.

When I open "E38 ECM Metric.PID" AFRATIO and KNKRET are not in the list

Info->Validate PIDs. Should be done after every update IMO.

67SS509
July 23rd, 2011, 03:09 AM
Problem solved! Went back and downloaded build 170 and replaced existing file and everything started working correctly. Something just went wrong in the first download.....I dunno:doh2:

Thanks Guys!

joecar
July 23rd, 2011, 11:32 AM
You can see all your pids now...? Cool :cheers: glad you got it going.

67SS509
July 24th, 2011, 01:45 AM
Have not tried my FJOserial wideband yet to see if it still works after this update. Should it be affected or do you think it will still work as before?

joecar
July 24th, 2011, 10:54 AM
The serial wideband should still work.

The Alchemist
August 2nd, 2011, 08:20 AM
Happened to me too. Reinstalled over the top and it fixed it. All PIDS present again :)

macca33
August 2nd, 2011, 09:03 AM
There is a similar thread floating abbout. It seems that the Auto Update may be the culprit here.

I did an auto update and lost a lot of my pids.

I then did a manual download and install and they reappeared - after I connected my V2 to the car and validated the pids.

cheers

joecar
August 4th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Has everyone got it sorted out...?

DirtyMax03
August 18th, 2011, 12:40 AM
No, I also updated my software / firmware / bootlock (what I think is everything) 2 weeks ago. Now when I connect to my LB7 or a friend's LB7 I am missing ~50% of my PIDs. Simple things like throttle position and injector balance rates are "X"ed out. I tried "Validating PIDs" and it takes about 2 seconds instead of the possible 30 seconds and doesn't change anything.
If I try to log the selected PIDs with Red "X"s I get an error that says something like this:
"Scan tool must be set to "Dynamic or Stream" to log DMA_PIDS"
So I went to settings and tried all 4 settings and continued to get this error message. General, Dynamic, Slow Stream, Fast Stream

This is the first time since 2009 that I have updated the software / firmware (shame on me) but now I am wishing that I hadn't because I went to check a friend's injector balance rates on an LB7 and looked like a real idiot when I couldn't get the PIDs to activate. Played with it more on my LB7 later and never could get those PIDs to activate. Very frustrating.

If I should try this "manual download", please provide detailed instructions on how to do that.

joecar
August 18th, 2011, 06:04 AM
Manual download consists of this:
- download the V7 and V8 .exe files and execute them,
- run V8 EFILive Explorer (EE), goto the Firmware tab and update the bootblock and firmware versions,
- run V8 Scan & Tune (S&T) and define your BBL pidlists and BBF ecm's.

The V2 firmware version must be compatible to the V7 and V8 software versions (i.e. from the same release).

What V7/V8 build versions and what V2 bootblock/firmware versions are you at...?

DirtyMax03
August 18th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Firmware 2.07.14 - July 3, 2011
Bootlock 2.07.02 - April 3, 2011
Build Version V7.5 Build 170

Redownloaded the latest Firmware and Build versions. Still no luck. Heading out to see if I can get the PIDs to validate on my truck. Concerning loading the PIDs in the "Scan and Tune", is that something we have to do even if we don't plan to BlackBox log right away? I just want the old passthrough scan tool to work. Anyhow, tried to do the Blackbox thing and can't figure out how to change the units to imperial. Apparently, I need to read the latest owners manual concerning V8 and this BlackBox stuff.

DirtyMax03
August 19th, 2011, 02:19 AM
Well, had some issues last night, but redownloaded the software and restarted my computer (something that I am not sure that I did previously) and when I validated the PIDs everything was back to normal (at least for my LB7 PIDs). So don't know if it was the intial automatic update that failed me or the fact that I may not have restarted the computer in that time.
I listed my build and firmware versions in a "Reply" but it hasn't shown up yet. Now I just need to learn more about the BBx stuff. First off, need to research how to switch the PID units from metric to english. Well, actually like I have in the passthrough PIDs, I like my temps to be in fahrenheit but rail pressure to be in MPa, so I need to figure out how to change the units of each PID individually.

Joecar,
Thanks for the willingness to help.

joecar
August 19th, 2011, 03:24 AM
In scantool:
- goto PIDs tab,
- click on the column heading labbelled Units (this sorts the pid list on this column),
- scroll up/down until you see a slab of pids with the same units (e.g. temperature),
- using SHIFT and leftclick, highlight all the pids with the same units,
- then without un-highlighting do rightclick and select either Metric or Imperial,
- repeat for other slabs of pids,
- close scantool.

In tunetool:
- goto Edit->Properties and select g*K/kPa and EQR, click Ok.
- goto Edit->Configure Display Units,
- then do the following for each of the columns labelled Data Units, Row Units, Col Units:
- click twice on the column heading (sorts on this column),
- using SHIFT and leftclick, highlight all rows with same units in this column,
- do rightclick and select Data Value Units, Row Label Units, or Column Label units (to match this column) and select Metric or Imperial,
- repeat for other slabs,
- click Ok,
- close tunetool.

joecar
August 19th, 2011, 03:26 AM
Yes, avoid the automatic update.

Also see post #3 here: BBL-help (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?17091-BBL-help&p=153114#post153114)