PDA

View Full Version : need help LMM & LML&2011 5.3l

sniperperformance
July 23rd, 2011, 08:25 AM
I work for a un-named company (to keep me clear with my controler programer ) and have 3 engines that i need tune files for we currently have both a 2006 and a 2011 d-max and a 2011 5.3l that we need to run E-99 with on a E38 controler. the controler we have been issued for the the 2011 d-max is a E-86. efi live i need you to get ahold of me i may be able to help you so you can help me. i know it sounds stupid but try it. call me anytime 810-620-EDIT ask for ken. please.... i have info that may help you with lml.

GMPX
July 23rd, 2011, 10:55 AM
Hi Ken,

Un-named company, yet your user name is Sniper Performance? I assume you aren't actually from Sniper (well known FORD tuning company).
On the E38's we have you covered for all those years.
There was a long discussion on the LML HERE (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?13812-Info-on-New-LML-engines-for-2011/page7), GM decided not to play fair on this ECM and have stopped the aftermarket being able to read the ECM. This means products like EFILive can't do anything legal to obtain the calibrations from the trucks.
There is a number of 'box tuners' for the LML on the market, however, none of these will tamper will emissions controls as they probably understand the EPA and GM are watching that vehicle very close.

Cheers,
Ross

tokymon
July 25th, 2011, 05:58 AM
the only company doing the emissions removal is h&s performance, not sure how they got a copy of the tune though i have installed 2 of them and they seem to work well not as good as a custom tune but hopefull one day efi live will crack this computer:angel_innocent:

GMPX
July 25th, 2011, 09:44 AM
the only company doing the emissions removal is h&s performance
So just to make sure I am understanding this correctly, you are saying in your post that H&S is selling an LML tune that bypasses the urea, DPF etc?

tokymon
July 25th, 2011, 10:39 AM
yes that is correct have not tried to read it out with efi live yet ill try next time i due one or if one of the customers comes in for some work

GMPX
July 25th, 2011, 12:40 PM
The ECM won't read, don't bother trying, the function has been removed from the ECM.
I am just stunned that H&S are selling a complete emissions defeat tune for the LML to the public. Ah, I've just seen you are up in Canada, not the US.

8100 Power
August 23rd, 2011, 03:20 PM
The ECM won't read, don't bother trying, the function has been removed from the ECM.
I am just stunned that H&S are selling a complete emissions defeat tune for the LML to the public. Ah, I've just seen you are up in Canada, not the US.

It's been like this in the US for awhile now. Lots of people are running it with great results. Since it can't read out the file.. I'm not sure how it's returning it to stock... But I have a good idea.

GMPX
August 23rd, 2011, 04:29 PM
Since it can't read out the file.. I'm not sure how it's returning it to stock... But I have a good idea.
Yep, there would only be one way to do that :shock: