PDA

View Full Version : 2006 STS-V ETC & Throttle body on 2008 3900 LZG V6

NateD4
July 23rd, 2011, 04:01 PM
Has anyone ever put a 2006 STS-V throttle body on a 3900 with ETC? The connectors are slightly different. Any idea if any of the input signals have changed?

GMPX
July 23rd, 2011, 04:16 PM
It probably won't work. The ECM's contains a secondary processor to monitor ETC operation, any LZG tune will have that calibrated for the throttle used on that engine. Only TIS2WEB can program that secondary processor, but, it will also flash everything else from an STS-V.

NateD4
July 23rd, 2011, 05:13 PM
I'm not sure I see the problem. Isn't it all software that correlates the throttle pedal to the throttle body?

Alternatively why not use an E38 or E67 and reflash the algorithms from the 3900?

Aren't the E38s largely the same hardware with different programming and wiring?

If the ECMs contain a separate processing system for the ETC why not use a STS-V ECM with all the programming from the 3900 engine control portion?

As a last note if it is that hard to do why can't I intercept the signal to the throttle body and adjust it properly?

Just curious.

Taz
July 23rd, 2011, 06:19 PM
The short answer is - currently neither aftermarket software (HPTuners, EFILive) nor OEM devices (Tech 2) can access / program the ETC subroutines in the ECM in isolation.

If you were to invent such a software interface - many would be interested in purchasing it.

Regards,
Taz